Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Downsouth

MFC Fans Forums

Recommended Posts

Just a big thank you from a relatively new recruit. Sadly I have seen  the FMTTM board deteriorate from a varied, humerous fans forum, into an arena for political and personal slanging matches. It still has some wondeful posters, but to find a decent comment I was tiring off wading through some pretty awful comments, where the only innovative writing seemed to be how to disguise swear words to get past the censorship.

It is refreshing to see the erudite comments and insight on here, and a good level of debate. Please keep it up.

I will still use both boards as it is always useful to hear from a wide variety of sources. Good luck with the bid for representation on the Fans Forum.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, oldman said:

Just a big thank you from a relatively new recruit. Sadly I have seen  the FMTTM board deteriorate from a varied, humerous fans forum, into an arena for political and personal slanging matches. It still has some wondeful posters, but to find a decent comment I was tiring off wading through some pretty awful comments, where the only innovative writing seemed to be how to disguise swear words to get past the censorship.

It is refreshing to see the erudite comments and insight on here, and a good level of debate. Please keep it up.

I will still use both boards as it is always useful to hear from a wide variety of sources. Good luck with the bid for representation on the Fans Forum.

Was just reading FMTTM then, Christ I forgot it was a football forum. Its just politics and slagging matches. Place has deteriorated beyond belief 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Downsouth said:

I have heard from Chris Joseph, Chair of Middlesbrough Supporters Forum, inviting us to attend the October 14th meeting where upon we can explain why we feel the oneBoro forum should be represented and included.

No problems hey Jen? 

Is he serious? Why should a large forum of Middlesbrough fans be represented on a Middlesbrough fans forum?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Not to simplify it but the fact we're the top result when you Google "Middlesbrough FC forum" should speak for itself!

Rob knows SEO, that should be enough!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am sure that they will take us seriously after all I believe we are the only Boro forum which has actively sponsored player shirts in the past and MFC Ladies (whole kit).

I hope that we can go down this route again next season.

Due to shirt sponsorship this allowed us to interview Grant Leadbitter leading onto other interviews which were published for all to see. Again this is something I hope we can re-introduce on a bigger scale involving MFC players and staff with a dedicated team.

Tom and Humpty were great ambassadors for oneBoro.

We can offer something of that I am certain

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All for the player sponsorship but the ladies took the money and ran so they can do one as far as I’m concerned ☹️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No way should we go anywhere near the ladies team as Uwe said they were interested briefly then disappeared off the face. .... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think DS meant we should sponsor the women's team again, I think he just meant more the general sponsorship (can you still sponsor individual players? If so we should, as a forum, sponsor Rudy Gestede or Ryan Shotton.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I have to echo the comments about the ladies. That was a proper smash and grab job on their part.

When we sponsored Leadbitter that seemed to open some doors for the forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 7:33 AM, Downsouth said:

I have heard from Chris Joseph, Chair of Middlesbrough Supporters Forum, inviting us to attend the October 14th meeting where upon we can explain why we feel the oneBoro forum should be represented and included.

No problems hey Jen? 

Whilst i'm no longer an active part of this forum, this has really got on my goat. Who is Chris Joseph to request that OneBoro justify itself to him? What credentials does he have? The purpose of the supporters forum is to represent the fans voice as a whole. It's not a boys club. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well tonight is the first meeting that we have been invited to attend and obviously we all hope that Jen feels comfortable and is able to present oneBoro to those others and that we will be invited back as a "fully fledged" equal member.

If so we should be able to contribute in some ways so that fans opinions can be taken into account.

Below is the agenda for tonight's meeting which I "borrowed" from fmttm!


Report Message | Email Message To A Friend | Reply To Message 

Finally got Agenda - sent over -

Minutes of Mtg 32:
Issued and accepted as read.

Agenda points for discussion tonight:

a) MFC – Catering dept.updates – Peter Hall
b) MFC - Foundation updates- Alan Geddes
c) Rainbow Reds – update discussion
d) Boro Supporters Club – update from Jill Atkinson
e) Red Fusion – update from Ishak
f) OneBoro – first meeting – Jen Hayton – discussion

Matters arising and including issues from mtg. 30/31 & 32

1) RN: Financial Fair Play / Asset and ground protection/Stewardship of football clubs - call for a national license system with independent regulation. Issues with Bolton W and Bury. Any updates from RN? Letter from FSA to CJ ?

2) RN: Environmental - football getting greener - what can we do to make football more environmentally friendly at Boro? Reusable beer tankards used for £1 deposit at Chelsea as at music fests etc. Wooden cutlery to replace plastic types etc. paper straws. No balloons etc. Making Fan Zones greener. Have there been any further thoughts on this issue?

3) RN & Twel2th Man. Boro away fixtures at “odd times” - ( Luton, Bristol City & Birmingham C. at altered times in first 2 months.). Is there any chance of fixtures like this being given some extra thought and consideration for travelling fans. Night fixtures with a maximum travel time or distance – i.e. 2hrs or 100 miles. Things CAN BE DONE about this in relation to important fixtures.
4) RN & Twel2th Man.
Letter for reciprocal away ticket pricing in EFL. Still lots of concern/criticism of Boro pricing on social media - what should be our reaction to this. RN has spoken with Steve Gibson, Neil Bauser and Adrian Bevington and all were talking about some kind of dialogue with fans about this during pre-season time scale. We would urge this should happen. Steve Gibson may have good reasons - increase in VAT and high level of concessions etc but it would be terrific if “the fans” heard about this from the club after there was an open and frank discussion about it. Has there been any further progress on this issue – or will there be?

5) MDSA: Reports of 100% increase in disabled parking costs and query re-spaces at Riverside.
Any updates from MFC ?

6) MDSA: Letter from Paul Sandbach re – parking issue as mentioned in item 5 above.
Any further comments ?

7) CW: Next Foodbank confirmed from 12noon on 23rd November before HULL CITY game.
Caroline to initiate info to all contacts to boost interest and to contact HCFC fans to make them aware of collection. Please also post on all our members websites and wherever else interest can be raised. Can MFC DO A PIECE IN THE PROGRAMME FOR THE GAMES BEFORE THE HULL CITY GAME PLEASE ?

Any other business:-

8) CJ: Safe Standing: Response and update statement from Govt Sports Minister.

9) CJ: Concourse Heating: Any updates.

10) PH: Mark Shalliker:- Safety issue for wheelchair access / egress.


Future meetings:- November meeting will be Monday, 14th at 6.30pm then
December 9th at 6.30pm at The Riverside Stadium. Thanks to YF.

This is my first viewing also - a lot is from meeting disrupted by fire alarm 2 months ago and is not really relevant anymore. So, hopefully can be passed over very quickly.

 

All the best Jen, give it your best!

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes good luck Jen. I’m sure you will nail it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Yes good luck Jen. I’m sure you will nail it.

Just hope that Jen remembers Joe!

Have sent her a text wishing her well

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, pleased to report that Jen did attend the meeting which in her words was "good"

I am sure that she will be adding a post soon regarding contents of interest for our members.

Whilst she is positive in her feelings about it we now await a vote on whether or not we will be a equal member with those already involved, hopefully we will find out sooner rather than later but in either event I know that Jen will have presented oneBoro in a very capable manner and would like to thank her on all of our behalf for her time and effort last night.

Thanks Jen

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  


  • Latest Posts

    • My initial thought too Maccarone, I was gutted when walking home from work & seen the gazette headline Cummins up for sale, not longer after Sunderland snapped him up, bad business IMHO 
    • Thought he was going to be a superstar, sadly never quite worked out that way.
    • Boro flashback 12th November 1977 Villa 0 Boro 1 Who remembers Stan Cummins the 1st million pound footballer which Jack sort of said at a media meeting & the press changed his words around  Well Stanley scored his 1st Boro goal on his 1st appearences of the season taking both points back to Teesside & our 2nd away win of the season  Pat Cuff was standing in for Jim Platt, John Neal was trying to find who was going to be his No1 keeper of the 3 on the Boro's books Boro team Pat Cuff  Ian Bailey  Terry Cooper  Graeme Souness  Stuart Boam  Alan Ramage  John Mahoney  Stan Cummins - 3rd appearance  Billy Ashcroft  Tony McAndrew  David Armstrong   
    • Agree with most of this, but I'm far from confident about us retaining Championship status. If we can use the decent performance against QPR as a springboard and start picking up points more often, we might end up quite comfortable. Knowing Boro though it'll be a last-game-of-the-season nailbiter.   
    • Colchester  v  Bradford. D Crawley  v  Morecambe. H Exeter  v  Cheltenham. A Forest Green  v  Plymouth. H Grimsby  v  Newport. H L/Orient  v  Scunthorpe. (none.) H Macclesfield  v  Mansfield. H Northampton  v  Crewe. H Port Vale  v  Carlisle. H Salford  v  Swindon. A .......... Stevenage  v  Oldham. A Walsall  v  Cambridge. A
×
×
  • Create New...