oneBoro Forum

MFC Fans Forums

21 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Well, pleased to report that Jen did attend the meeting which in her words was "good"

I am sure that she will be adding a post soon regarding contents of interest for our members.

Whilst she is positive in her feelings about it we now await a vote on whether or not we will be a equal member with those already involved, hopefully we will find out sooner rather than later but in either event I know that Jen will have presented oneBoro in a very capable manner and would like to thank her on all of our behalf for her time and effort last night.

Thanks Jen

Yes I agree Alan. Fair play to Jen giving up her time to attend the meeting. I’m sure she did a great job. I’m looking forward to her post.

Thanks Jen

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi,    I am the poster that made the comments in the OP I used to run a massive teesside based music forum (over 10k members and massive traffic), and currently run a few large subreddits so

Came here a few weeks ago because transfer rumours with basis kept being posted on FMTTM with oneBoro as the source. I'm sure my mentioning the site on FMTTM has brought over new members too. I'v

DS - I was a daily visitor to FMTTM for many years. I owed a personal debt of gratitude to their Rob, and stayed long after the lack of mobile support and posters 'playing the man not the ball' became

Posted Images

Thanks DS but I don't really understand why we need to be elected in? isn't this a Fans forum and aren't we a fans forum? surely the 'voice' of the fans are in equal measure, why should we be any inferior to any other organization? MFC work is some very mysterious and disappointing ways  

• Like 2

Why did the OneBoro need to turn up at this meet.?

The OneBoro is the elite of the forums .

This is a well oiled machine Rob and Admin run it correctly the Mod's do a sterling job and take no crap (to my knowledge).

So I ask again why does the OneBoro  need to join those others and be excepted.? 

It's the most official line to the club, MM. If the members of this forum can be represented in a meeting that leads as close to the top as you get as fans, I think it will be useful to be a part of that. It's not just so we can communicate with other fans.

• Like 2

I think the problem is who really has a right to judge who should be having representatives at this kind of meeting. Did FMTTM have to go through any procedure to be a part of it? Does anyone else? What makes oneBoro more or less a good representation of the fanbase vs. others? And who decides that, the club? Could that be used to filter out important voices, such as minorities who need this connection to the club to be heard?

Well I see your point Wilson and part of me agrees with that but I still cannot understand why we cannot be excepted in our own right after some of things that this forum as done to help the club in the past.

Perhaps we should have a referendum, 😉 

All tongue in cheek folks.. 😊

• Like 1

Just to let everyone know that the meeting went well and a vote will be taking place. They will let us know in due course. The voting comes from groups that are already members of the fans forum. 

The contents of the meeting will be published when I receive the minutes and I'll certainly share that with everyone.

I think we contribute a lot the Boro community at large and there is more still we can be involved with. I argued for this passionately. However, I don't think we need to demand a place. Let our actions do the talking for us and lets continue to focus on being an great community for Boro fans. 

• Like 4
15 minutes ago, Red Rocket said:

Just to let everyone know that the meeting went well and a vote will be taking place. They will let us know in due course. The voting comes from groups that are already members of the fans forum. 

The contents of the meeting will be published when I receive the minutes and I'll certainly share that with everyone.

I think we contribute a lot the Boro community at large and there is more still we can be involved with. I argued for this passionately. However, I don't think we need to demand a place. Let our actions do the talking for us and lets continue to focus on being an great community for Boro fans. 

Fair play to you RR for representing us at the meeting. I think it would be foolish of them to not want input from a forum with over 1000 members but who knows how people will vote. Thanks for attending on our behalf 

• Like 1

Yes indeed I echo Blanco's comments. Thank you very much for your part in this and seemingly for what you are about to do.

Yes there is a lot of moaning and groaning due to the teams current state but that does not stop us being involved in more humanitarian aspects of life.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Humpty said:

DId OneBoro receive acceptance to the forum?

Rob Nichols at OneBoro reckon no application has been made.

Rob Nichols has taken over Oneboro?  Oh God, no!!!

I know I'm a cynical sod but does anyone really care about this type of thing?  It's not really a Boro fan group, it's a pseudo-political group for certain people with similar political leanings.  Food banks and Financial Fair play?  Food banks are noble gestures certainly but it has bugger all to do with the Boro fan experience and the same goes for the Middlesbrough supporters forum giving their opinion on FFP.  If you're gonna have a fans group then it should be solely about improving the experience of fans at games and in relation to the club, shouldn't it?

8 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Rob Nichols has taken over Oneboro?  Oh God, no!!!

I really like Rob Nichols, and I owe him a personal debt of gratitude from when I first became a Boro fan. But him taking over OB is the only way he's ever going to be in charge of a slick, modern Boro forum!

Just now, RiseAgainst said:

I really like Rob Nichols, and I owe him a personal debt of gratitude from when I first became a Boro fan. But him taking over OB is the only way he's ever going to be in charge of a slick, modern Boro forum!

Yeah he seems sound enough but the forum he has is a bit old fashioned.