• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We got 3 points, that's far more positive than anything else we've done this season. I said before the game I'd take a scrappy win and I'm delighted we did just that in the end. May not have crossed y

That's not a happy face.. That's just Karanka yelling at Downing very angrily, while Leo is calling for the stewards to come and get Aitor! ?

First win of the season, first clean sheet of the season and more importantly first win on a match day thread I've done, the curse is lifted! 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Let’s say this season goes horribly wrong, at what point do you think woodgate would be sacked? E.g. we are in the relegation spots later on in the season

I think the only time he'd get sacked is if we were rock bottom with 10 games to go. Gibbo referenced patience for this appointment so he can hardly do what he did with Monk and fire him before we've even got half way through a season...

Even if we finish lower half of the table he's going to be here next year for me.

Any changes to the team that lost against Blackburn? 

Randolph

Dijksteel - Fry - Ayala - Bola

Howson - Wing - McNair

Browne - Fletcher - Tavernier

Whats the most annoying thing you've ever been bitten by? 

Mosquitoes in Venice.

What will the score be? 

I think we will win 2-1.

Is promotion still the goal this season? 

promotion was never the goal for this season.

Is there any chance that we're relegated this season?

Slim.

15 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Let’s say this season goes horribly wrong, at what point do you think woodgate would be sacked? E.g. we are in the relegation spots later on in the season

If we are in relegation trouble later in the season SG will pick up the phone and Woody will have his uncle Tony back as a mentor, a bit like Robbo had with El Tel.

• Sad 1
35 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

I think it will be a late call, depending on how the finances look after January. We won't find many managers as cheap as Woody who are capable of coming in and turning confidence around, especially if it's true Woody is having to do the same right now. I suspect Woody may keep the job even on the off chance we are relegated, to be honest.

• Like 1

I’m seeing people saying even if we finish low bottom half he will be here next year. I thought the general consensus was he’ll stay as long as we are seeing clear improvement in the new way the club wants to play. Surely that sort of league position wouldn’t be showing any improvement whatsoever. 7th to sort of mid table yes but any lower than 15/16th is unacceptable in my opinion. 

I'm gonna try and continue staying positive. I think we are incredibly unlucky to have 1 point so far. Wigan are pretty terrible on the road so I'm hoping we can put on a decent performance and come away with 3 points.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, BoroJake said:

Probably somewhere around January if we are near the bottom 3 and not showing any signs of improvement. 

.....Unless the fans turn on Gibson, then it could be sooner than that.  

8 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Probably somewhere around January if we are near the bottom 3 and not showing any signs of improvement. 

I expect, that will be when Keane gets the nod. 

20 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

I’m seeing people saying even if we finish low bottom half he will be here next year. I thought the general consensus was he’ll stay as long as we are seeing clear improvement in the new way the club wants to play. Surely that sort of league position wouldn’t be showing any improvement whatsoever. 7th to sort of mid table yes but any lower than 15/16th is unacceptable in my opinion. 

Only improvements in the style of play, I can't see us improving whilst playing a new style of football with a few incomings and outgoings. It's a bit of a club reset and I think the expectation is the improvements in results are anticipated for next year after Woodgate has a bit more experience and has a bit longer to get in the sort of players he wants.

Seems like the focus has turned to sustainability rather than promotion for the time being which is not something that gets the fans pulses racing unfortunately.

37 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Hasn’t that last part already started ?