oneBoro Forum

Boro V Wigan 1-0 (Assombalonga)

5 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

The fans haven't turned on Gibson in the stadium, true. But against Brentford, I didn't hear the old "Stevie Gibson is king" chant ring out once. That could suggest fans are becoming more ambivalent about him, which is a significant shift in itself.

I heard it a couple of times, but our support has been getting quieter and quieter for the past few seasons, regardless of how it's going.

It was like a morgue for a lot of last season, even when we were winning.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We got 3 points, that's far more positive than anything else we've done this season. I said before the game I'd take a scrappy win and I'm delighted we did just that in the end. May not have crossed y

That's not a happy face.. That's just Karanka yelling at Downing very angrily, while Leo is calling for the stewards to come and get Aitor! ?

First win of the season, first clean sheet of the season and more importantly first win on a match day thread I've done, the curse is lifted! 

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I heard it a couple of times, but our support has been getting quieter and quieter for the past few seasons, regardless of how it's going.

It was like a morgue for a lot of last season, even when we were winning.

Fair enough, I stand corrected. I was in the East stand for Brentford, so it was hard to hear chants emanating from the South over the rustling of crisp packets and people saying "oh dear" all the time. Still seemed very subdued though.

A tic .. Luckily it didn't infect me with borelia! 

Promotion - Ask Norwich if a bad start = doom and gloom with no possibilities of promotion .. 43 games to go. 6th spot is possible still.

Relegation .. I cannot see it, I will not see it, I cannot hear anybody saying they see it .. 

Randz
Dijk, Ayala, Fry, Friend
Clayton,
Wing, Howson, McNair
Fletcher, Britt 

4-1-3-2  Wigan must be beaten

• Like 3

Well Game Day is upon us!

Honestly feel we will witness a far better performance and positive result than of late.

Yes finger nails will be chewed and there will be moans and groans but the players know they need a win and yep we will get just that.

Come On Boro!

• Like 2

Massive game today as believe one win will instill belive in the squad and could make for a string of results. Also believe it's important for a settled starting 11 to be playing so would go for 

Randolph

Dijk fry Ayala Bola

Clayton Howson

Browne.       Wing.       Tav

Britt

• Like 2
46 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Well Game Day is upon us!

Honestly feel we will witness a far better performance and positive result than of late.

Yes finger nails will be chewed and there will be moans and groans but the players know they need a win and yep we will get just that.

Come On Boro!

Let's get a run going! I made 4 match day threads last year and we didn't win in any of them. If that stretches to a 5th I think the most likely explanation is that I'm cursed...

• Haha 3
6 minutes ago, Foogle said:

Let's get a run going! I made 4 match day threads last year and we didn't win in any of them. If that stretches to a 5th I think the most likely explanation is that I'm cursed...

You are not the only one Foogle, was hoping that Wilson would volunteer as an author this season!

Have to agree with Durham Red that we need some belief, hope will take care of itself once a few wins are recorded.

BIg, big game tonight

If he plays then all I want from him is 100% effort, determination and a willingness to do his utmost to achieve a Boro win.

If he does then fair play to the lad, if he wonders around aimlessly then he deserves all the critical comments which will be aimed at him.

This season is the make or break for Rudy Gestede and I would prefer the "make"

Maybe there’s an argument that we could get away with it at home but Marcus Browne has to play LW tonight, we can’t play with Fletcher or Britt out there because they simply don’t defend. Coulson recieved some very unfair flak on being caught out of position but 9 times out of 10 had a 2 on 1 against him.

12 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

IMHO it's too late for Gestede, he's had multiple chances to impress and he just hasn't. 

He's simply not a very good footballer and buying him was a huge mistake. 

110% too late, he’s finished. I can honestly hand on heart say I’ve never seen a less effective player from his performances in the last year or two. 

14 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

IMHO it's too late for Gestede, he's had multiple chances to impress and he just hasn't. 

Totally agree. Hes had more than enough chances. 

20 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Do you think it would cost too much to fire him into the sun at the same time as Shotton? ? we would need to double the cannon size at least.