oneBoro Forum

Boro V Wigan 1-0 (Assombalonga)

23 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

This season is the make or break for Rudy Gestede and I would prefer the "make"

Hardly. He'll be 31 at the end of the season. This is a cash grab season for him, last of the big contracts. Best he can hope for after this is a 2 year contract on 30% of his current pay at a low/mid table club with no great aspirations.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We got 3 points, that's far more positive than anything else we've done this season. I said before the game I'd take a scrappy win and I'm delighted we did just that in the end. May not have crossed y

That's not a happy face.. That's just Karanka yelling at Downing very angrily, while Leo is calling for the stewards to come and get Aitor! ?

First win of the season, first clean sheet of the season and more importantly first win on a match day thread I've done, the curse is lifted! 

Posted Images

Has long as Britt is in our front line I seriously can only see us struggling  to get points from any game. He as ample chances he's just to bloody slow and to weak, a decent defender can cover him with ease.

Only time I see him move is when the opposition have a corner and he as to pop back into our goal area and 9 times out of 10 he clears the frigging ball. Do you know how irritating that is to see when he can't even get to a cross at the other end..

I will take the draw tonight.

• Like 1

--------------Randolph

Dijk       Ayala    Friend       Bola

Paddy Clayts  Wing

Diangana  Puskas   Eberechi Eze

I want to see that tonight 

1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

IMHO it's too late for Gestede, he's had multiple chances to impress and he just hasn't. 

He's simply not a very good footballer and buying him was a huge mistake. 

It may be a way of Woodgate sticking 2 fingers up at the recruitment team. We are hardly flush with numbers in the striking dept. when we have to name 18yo Walker in the squad.

As said above though he should not be seen in any football shirt really.

It's important that we go for the jugular in our home games. I wouldn't play Clayton at home against what will likely be a bottom half team.

I also wouldn't play two young FBs at this point until we get a bit more confidence.

..................Randolph

Dijk....Ayala........Shotton.......Friend

................Howson

....McNair...........Saville

Browne......Britt.......Fletcher

Sadly I think we have already hit the point now where we not only need the win, but we need a commanding performance to match if they are to placate some of the more restless fans.

Blackburn sounded like a bad day at the office but I still think we're a skied penalty and two bad linesman calls off sitting on 4/6 points. 

I'm hoping that's the case anyway and tonight we get the lucky bounce/deflection/decision to relieve a bit of pressure. 

• Like 4
39 minutes ago, Batmalan said:

Sadly I think we have already hit the point now where we not only need the win, but we need a commanding performance to match if they are to placate some of the more restless fans.

I think we just need a result to remind people we're capable of winning, even if we get a scrappy one that will lift some of the doom and gloom. I don't think we need to dominate the game, though that would hopefully go some way to get some belief back from even the most gloomy.

55 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Blackburn sounded like a bad day at the office but I still think we're a skied penalty and two bad linesman calls off sitting on 4/6 points. 

I'm hoping that's the case anyway and tonight we get the lucky bounce/deflection/decision to relieve a bit of pressure. 

This is basically spot on where I'm at too.

Must win game, without all the excuses of Tony destroying the players confidence. I know todays players are pampered but you cannot blame a previous manager for their poor performances. The current one must take responsibility and admit we have had a poor start without all the big talk that he hasnt backed up. If we dont win or draw today I fear for this season, no automatic promotion or playoffs, could get a whole lot worse. Much pressure on all. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, BerlinFan said:

Must win game, without all the excuses of Tony destroying the players confidence. I know todays players are pampered but you cannot blame a previous manager for their poor performances. The current one must take responsibility and admit we have had a poor start without all the big talk that he hasnt backed up. If we dont win or draw today I fear for this season, no automatic promotion or playoffs, could get a whole lot worse. Much pressure on all. 

This post takes my breath away.

4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

This post takes my breath away.

In a good or bad way? I am new to the forum and have read a lot of posts and recently signed up as a long term Middlesbrough fan to voice my opinions and get involved with everyone. 

5 minutes ago, BerlinFan said:

You none believer, we're gonna smash the league, I've just put our life savings on promotion, ok the wife's filed for divorce citing my insanity but you can't have it all.

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1