• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We got 3 points, that's far more positive than anything else we've done this season. I said before the game I'd take a scrappy win and I'm delighted we did just that in the end. May not have crossed y

That's not a happy face.. That's just Karanka yelling at Downing very angrily, while Leo is calling for the stewards to come and get Aitor! ?

First win of the season, first clean sheet of the season and more importantly first win on a match day thread I've done, the curse is lifted! 

Posted Images

Just imagine if Dijksteel is dropped tonight after one iffy game at Blackburn, what a message that is sending the lad.  He needs to know that the coaching staff had a say in his transfer and that they have confidence in his ability to come good.  The same with the other two recruits, by all means ease them in but give them the chance to prove themselves, they are at a new club and area with a new bunch of players learning a new system, boost their confidence dont destroy it, that was the Pulis way !

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, BerlinFan said:

In a good or bad way? I am new to the forum and have read a lot of posts and recently signed up as a long term Middlesbrough fan to voice my opinions and get involved with everyone. 

In the way that Berlin sang a song called Take My Breath Away.  Time for me to retire I fear ?‍♂️?

• Haha 3
16 minutes ago, BerlinFan said:

Must win game, without all the excuses of Tony destroying the players confidence. I know todays players are pampered but you cannot blame a previous manager for their poor performances. The current one must take responsibility and admit we have had a poor start without all the big talk that he hasnt backed up. If we dont win or draw today I fear for this season, no automatic promotion or playoffs, could get a whole lot worse. Much pressure on all. 

Yes you can blame Pulis, because exactly the same thing happened at West Brom after he left (oh that blessed day).  When Alan Pardew came in he talked of changing the playing system etc etc but rapidly realised that the players had been virtually brain washed into Pulisball and were not capable of changing in the short term. He tried to coach out or replace but the club had no money and well the rest is history, sound familiar ?Woodgate I do not envy you your task, best of luck.

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, BerlinFan said:

In a good or bad way? I am new to the forum and have read a lot of posts and recently signed up as a long term Middlesbrough fan to voice my opinions and get involved with everyone. 

Welcome to the forum BerlinFan, I think you are the first female living in Germany that has become a member of the forum.

Enjoy your time here and you will get used to the British humour that you will clearly find on this site. 

Why Middlesbrough?

• Like 1

Really hoping we click tonight. Not just because I'm im attendance, but I do think the longer it goes on without the first win the pressure will mount. Be good to get the monkey off our backs early on.

As others have said in another world we would be sat on 6 points from 9 (missed pen at Luton and the dodgy offside/handball vs Brentford). 

• Like 1

Is the town full of hordes of Wigan fans looking forward to the game or will they bring their usual 149 fans to the ground? Could be even less with it being a Tuesday and on the red button!

16 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Welcome to the forum BerlinFan, I think you are the first female living in Germany that has become a member of the forum.

Enjoy your time here and you will get used to the British humour that you will clearly find on this site. 

Why Middlesbrough?

Thanks very much. Did you just assume my gender and yes you are correct I live and work in Germany at the moment, I am a trauma surgeon. I hope that we get our first 3 points of the season and are able to get a decent run in so we can dream of premiership days once more. Its a shame Woodgate didnt get chance to bring in some decent players so this puts a lot more emphasis on his tactics and man management skills, I hope it doesn't all go wrong for him. 

• Like 1

Can see us nicking a 1-0 tonight, missing a few chances and missing a penalty....just a hunch, although i'd be happier with a convincing win, obviously.

If we don't win tonight I can only imagine the reaction, and the pressure on Woodgate ramps up a notch.

28 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Why Middlesbrough?

Sorry missed to answer your last question, as a youngster I was in Yarm so family connection and lots of supporters for them, I enjoyed their rise and became a top team attracting the top players. Those were exciting times as a fan. 

3 minutes ago, SouthWest Boro said:

Can see us nicking a 1-0 tonight, missing a few chances and missing a penalty....just a hunch, although i'd be happier with a convincing win, obviously.

If we don't win tonight I can only imagine the reaction, and the pressure on Woodgate ramps up a notch.

Yes this is my fear too, Woodgate needs a result out of these home games or he may throw in the towel. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, SouthWest Boro said:

Yeh we don't want to get into the habit of not winning, because that's when the tension starts to get to not only the fans but the players as well.  

• Like 1

I mean this is a game that is in no way last chance saloon. It is game 4 of 46.

But I do get the sentiment that the pressure on Woodgate and the team will start to ramp up. I'm feeling confident (Misplaced confidence) about tonight. If we get that first win chalked up, that will help us going forward in my opinion.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, BerlinFan said:

Yes this is my fear too, Woodgate needs a result out of these home games or he may throw in the towel. 

Yes I agree, because quite a few fans didn't think Woodgate was the right man for the job in the 1st instance, so a win is vital tonight, to give us a boost for Saturday. 

• Like 1