oneBoro Forum

Boro V Wigan 1-0 (Assombalonga)

1 minute ago, Downsouth said:

Teddy has declared that if Ryan Shotton misplaces one more pass he will no longer be his favourite player. What an astute lad 

So 2 mins into the 2nd half Teddy will have a new favourite player then

• Like 2
  • Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We got 3 points, that's far more positive than anything else we've done this season. I said before the game I'd take a scrappy win and I'm delighted we did just that in the end. May not have crossed y

That's not a happy face.. That's just Karanka yelling at Downing very angrily, while Leo is calling for the stewards to come and get Aitor! ?

First win of the season, first clean sheet of the season and more importantly first win on a match day thread I've done, the curse is lifted! 

Posted Images

Thought we were shocking until the goal to be fair. Dreadful, no movement, a whole team of Mo Besic's when it came to passing, far too long deciding what to do and letting them get back into position. One thing you could see was the free kicks we did get, we took ages to take. First couple of games, it was quick free kicks all round.

Probably needless to say but this ref has missed 3 hand balls and a good few fouls against our players. I'm in North so didn't have a perfect view but I think he got the penalty call right. Utter *** other than that.

1 minute ago, Downsouth said:

Teddy has declared that if Ryan Shotton misplaces one more pass he will no longer be his favourite player. What an astute lad 

Who will he pick as his new favourite? I’d say his grandad will push him towards Clayton ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

We've been dire. Passing accuracy must be about 10%. God knows how were winning. But hey ho! 

Also, the ref has little man syndrome

We somehow have managed to complete 75% of our passes?

4 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Have to say the ref has been awful. Wigan handled the ball nearly as much as the Dublin GAA team at one point in that half and no fouls given. Didn’t think Browne deserved the first yellow but he should have had a second. Maybe it has evened itself out?

As a Tyrone man I'd appreciate no such metaphors on this forum or you will be banned. 

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

We've been dire. Passing accuracy must be about 10%. God knows how were winning. But hey ho! 

Also, the ref has little man syndrome

74% Boro v 66% Wigan according to Google. 

Just now, wilsoncgp said:

Thought we were shocking until the goal to be fair. Dreadful, no movement, a whole team of Mo Besic's when it came to passing, far too long deciding what to do and letting them get back into position. One thing you could see was the free kicks we did get, we took ages to take. First couple of games, it was quick free kicks all round.

Probably needless to say but this ref has missed 3 hand balls and a good few fouls against our players. I'm in North so didn't have a perfect view but I think he got the penalty call right. Utter *** other than that.

Penalty was 100% right call it was a great tackle. 

Lots of other wrong decisions however, you're right.

If you were ever coached as a junior defender the basics were to funnel back and keep a straight line across the pitch ? Watch our defence when we give the ball away (again) we are all over the shop, a half decent team would be three up by now

It's been a painful watch

Randolph, Howson, McNair have played well

Bola, Ayala, Fletcher adequate

The others have been terrible (Shotton,Clayton, Wing, Britt, Browne).  But Britt has done me proud, scored from 6 yards against a poor side, like I said he does. missed a great chance from 15 yards hitting it straight at the keeper when he could have probably sewn the game up. Typical Britt.

I'd pull Wing and get Saville on. Then maybe after 65-70mins put Fletcher CF and put NeyMarvin on against a tiring defence

3 minutes ago, Borodane said:

We somehow have managed to complete 75% of our passes?

Back to Randolph back to Shotton back to Ayala. Then those little 5 yard passes between howson, Clayton and McNair. It all adds up!