oneBoro Forum

Boro V Wigan 1-0 (Assombalonga)

3 minutes ago, Rioch's Braves said:

That's not a bad shout, Howson isn't frightened to put his foot in and always looks comfortable with the ball and can pick a pass. I agree Clayton, Ayala and Shotton are an accident waiting to happen.

Mind you, Randolph didn't help once or twice when he decided to give them the ball even though they had opposition players just waiting to put pressure on them.  That pass to Clayton was crazy as Clayton couldn't see behind him but Randolph could.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We got 3 points, that's far more positive than anything else we've done this season. I said before the game I'd take a scrappy win and I'm delighted we did just that in the end. May not have crossed y

That's not a happy face.. That's just Karanka yelling at Downing very angrily, while Leo is calling for the stewards to come and get Aitor! ?

First win of the season, first clean sheet of the season and more importantly first win on a match day thread I've done, the curse is lifted! 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, ThisIzLeon said:

While i don't think we played amazing. I feel like Wigan didn't deserve the win here or even a point. The majority of their attacks came from mistakes we were making and in my opinion i don't think they had any great chances. I agree with @Essuuaitch, the less worse team won.

A positive to take from the game is that at times we looked really good and the football flowed well, but we just couldn't do anything with it once we got to the final 3rd of the pitch. I think its gonna take a while for us to see any drastic improvements and i feel like we need to give Woodgate the opportunity to build the team up. 

I think this will be the start of us turning it around (or well i'd like to think!)

I'm obviously happy with the win but I  thought Wigan deserved a point  out of the game, passed the ball better than us 1st half and had quite a few shots at times they played as if they were the home side. We had done very little till the goal.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

Mind you, Randolph didn't help once or twice when he decided to give them the ball even though they had opposition players just waiting to put pressure on them.  That pass to Clayton was crazy as Clayton couldn't see behind him but Randolph could.

Yeh I mentioned this last night as to why Randolph just didn't put the ball up the field when there wasn't much on.

25 minutes ago, Rioch's Braves said:

Yeh I mentioned this last night as to why Randolph just didn't put the ball up the field when there wasn't much on.

Because he will have been instructed not to so we can pass it out from the back. I personally don't like making keepers that aren't comfortable do it, think they've gotta be naturals to make it work.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Foogle said:

Because he will have been instructed not to so we can pass it out from the back. I personally don't like making keepers that aren't comfortable do it, think they've gotta be naturals to make it work.

Yeah and not just keepers that aren't comfortable doing it ?

31 minutes ago, Foogle said:

Totally agree, probably the last  Boro keeper who was good at passing it out was Mark Crossley, Guardiola will only have keepers who are good at passing a ball, but then again its also who your passing it to.

Just now, Brunners said:

Don't know if this is any of you but it's pretty perfect

I think lots of Boro fans weren't saying that at all.  They were saying the squad needs work doing to it (we didn't really bother) and Woodgate shouldn't get the job (he did).

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I think lots of Boro fans weren't saying that at all.  They were saying the squad needs work doing to it (we didn't really bother) and Woodgate shouldn't get the job (he did).

Most boro fans I saw were saying he needs time once he was confirmed but hey ho ?‍♂️

5 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Most boro fans I saw were saying he needs time once he was confirmed but hey ho ?‍♂️

Aye, Pulis needed it as well and Monk and everyone else.  It's the standard thing that fans say, isn't it?  If most of them didn't want him in the first place then which of the two opinions do you think is going to hold most sway?  He needs time or we didn't want him?  I think for a lot of people it will be the latter as that's what they really think when it comes down to it.

5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Aye, Pulis needed it as well and Monk and everyone else.  

Except monk got handed 50mil to spend and pulis was handed a squad more than capable of getting promoted pre fire sale. I sometimes think you just completely ignore the concept of context!

• Like 1