• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We got 3 points, that's far more positive than anything else we've done this season. I said before the game I'd take a scrappy win and I'm delighted we did just that in the end. May not have crossed y

That's not a happy face.. That's just Karanka yelling at Downing very angrily, while Leo is calling for the stewards to come and get Aitor! ?

First win of the season, first clean sheet of the season and more importantly first win on a match day thread I've done, the curse is lifted! 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Will be interesting to see if the win gives us any kind of boost, on Saturday we need to do a whole lot better as Millwall will just sit deep and smash it.

With our current cb options though that may well actually play a little more into our hands, I don't think they're going to be pressured as high up the pitch (although I haven't watched Millwall this season so I could be wrong on that).

1 hour ago, Brunners said:

I mean, I would argue being the best player in a Boro shirt would mean he was in with a shout as the best player on the pitch in general, a sentiment to which you responded:

And to me that sounds like you saying you thought Howson had a poor night, ergo, he was bad. In fact, that entire statement reads as "I disagree he was the best player on the pitch, his one cross was okay but other than that his flaws were covered by a lot of support". However I concede that you never used the word bad, so okay let me go back and fix my original statement to more accurately describe what you said.

No, no, CT has said he was bad "didn't think Howson was that good" and that's that.

Or, alternatively, I meant exactly what I said, which was that I thought Howson was ok but not good and that nobody was good last night.  If you want to take it further then we as a team weren't good, neither were Wigan and nobody on their side was good either.

Finally, does it actually matter what I think so much that you need to be arsehole about it?  If you say he was good and I say he wasn't then that's the pair of us giving an opinion on his performance.  I didn't give you grief for your opinion so why are you giving me it?

Honestly, there are a few of you on here who are absolutely *** sometimes but are straight in pointing the finger at me on a regular basis.  Complete *** hypocrites.

17 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Or, alternatively, I meant exactly what I said, which was that I thought Howson was ok but not good and that nobody was good last night.  If you want to take it further then we as a team weren't good, neither were Wigan and nobody on their side was good either.

Finally, does it actually matter what I think so much that you need to be arsehole about it?  If you say he was good and I say he wasn't then that's the pair of us giving an opinion on his performance.  I didn't give you grief for your opinion so why are you giving me it?

Honestly, there are a few of you on here who are absolutely *** sometimes but are straight in pointing the finger at me on a regular basis.  Complete *** hypocrites.

It's your "well actually" attitude. You post your opinions in a way that makes you sound like they are fact and everyone that doesn't agree with you is wrong.

I'm not having a go at you or your opinion, I'm having a go at the way you present your opinion. If you'd just said "weird, I didn't think he was particularly good" I'd have said "huh, football is a funny old game isn't it, how two people can see the game so differently" but you didn't, you passively aggressively stated it in a way that sounded like "lol why would you think he was good everyone was rubbish and you're all stupid for trying to take positives from that game lol"

I will make no further public posts on the topic but you're welcome to PM me if you have any further questions.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Brunners said:

It's your "well actually" attitude. You post your opinions in a way that makes you sound like they are fact and everyone that doesn't agree with you is wrong.

I'm not having a go at you or your opinion, I'm having a go at the way you present your opinion. If you'd just said "weird, I didn't think he was particularly good" I'd have said "huh, football is a funny old game isn't it, how two people can see the game so differently" but you didn't, you passively aggressively stated it in a way that sounded like "lol why would you think he was good everyone was rubbish and you're all stupid for trying to take positives from that game lol"

I will make no further public posts on the topic but you're welcome to PM me if you have any further questions.

No, I'm not accepting that any more.  You are being an arsehole because you are being an arsehole, don't blame me for it.  I said what I said, if you are reading it in a different way then that's your own failing, not mine, so sort yourself out and stop giving me grief for whatever crap is going on in your head.  None of my posts had anything wrong with them, saying I didn't think a player was that good isn't some terrible thing and that's all I did.  You are a hypocrite but you're certainly not alone on here.  

1 hour ago, Brunners said:

With our current cb options though that may well actually play a little more into our hands, I don't think they're going to be pressured as high up the pitch (although I haven't watched Millwall this season so I could be wrong on that).

I’m more worried about how we will break them down than them scoring against us, I agree the way they will play will suit us down to the ground defensively. I’m just pretty sure they will pack their half like they did last season.

Review of the season so far .

Once again last night's performance was shambles and how we nicked the 1-0 is beyond me. We should of been down by 3 At half time because of stupid errors once again.

Our CB's are getting way too exposed because our midfield is getting by bypassed time and time again and were not picking up the 2nd balls.

Shotton shouldn't be anywhere near the starting line up once fry is fit and we need Coulson back asap to offer us something different.

Bolas positioning was very poor last night and as we all know Friend lost his legs years ago. Didn't help that Fletcher and Browne both don't offer anything tracking back.

Been really impressed with Johnson and his energy.

Howson offensively is good at RB but suspect defensively.

Woodgate's high pressing? Apart from 45mins is against Luton and at Hartlepool. I have yet to see any high pressing.

Same *** as last year with the long balls. Pulis has mentally damaged  the players and when they are under pressure from the fans they resort to hoof ball. This is going to take a long while to be drilled out of them unfortunately.

We are getting cut open way too easily and I think the better teams are going to severely going to punish us.

Fans last night were better apart from the odd few moan and groans when possession lost as usual.

Red faction were once again brilliant and are a credit to the club.

Changing Times - I actually agree on your assessment last night.

I thought we were abysmal and the only pluses from me were Ayala and Johnson.

Howson was okay but defensively he really struggled until he went right wing back.

Just now, diggerlad07 said:

Changing Times - I actually agree on your assessment last night.

I thought we were abysmal and the only pluses from me were Ayala and Johnson.

Howson was okay but defensively he really struggled until he went right wing back.

Cheers mate, but I'm done with this place.  Just a small group of hypocrites who can't seem to see that they do the same thing they criticise others for.  I could understand it if my posts had been terrible but they weren't, I just gave my opinion on a few player's performances from last night.  I didn't tell anyone what to think, I didn't even get into it with anyone, I just explained my own point of view.  Like I said, just arseholes at the end of the day who want to blame others for their own shitty behaviour.

1 minute ago, diggerlad07 said:

In my opinion Howson was ok defensively considering he had no help from Fletcher. I'd argue (barring his assist) he was poor going forwards until Fletcher swapped wings.

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Cheers mate, but I'm done with this place.  Just a small group of hypocrites who can't seem to see that they do the same thing they criticise others for.  I could understand it if my posts had been terrible but they weren't, I just gave my opinion on a few player's performances from last night.  I didn't tell anyone what to think, I didn't even get into it with anyone, I just explained my own point of view.  Like I said, just arseholes at the end of the day who want to blame others for their own shitty behaviour.

Completely how I felt, hence why I had time away from the forum.

I'd say stick at it and don't take the option I did by walking away because of some people who I believe come online just for an argument.

Keep at it mate honestly.

3 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Nobody was good.  He wasn't terrible but I think Coulson looked better in the short time I saw of him but in fairness it's difficult to tell.  The way we played yesterday wasn't the way we played against Brentford really or Luton so it's probably not comparing like with like.  With the ball he put a few crosses in that I don't remember amounting to much.  I think he had at least one run with the ball where he beat a man but he kinda looked like he did it accidentally.  Without the ball I think he made a few clearances, I don't remember many tackles from him, maybe he intercepted a pass.  We weren't good for a decent chunk of that first half though and he got wiped out after about 15 mins or so, I don't know if that had any effect on him or not.  I've seen worse league debuts at left back mind, remember Alan Wright ?

3 hours ago, Changing Times said:

I didn't think they were overall.  Randolph made a decent stop but his poor passing almost gave the goal away, should have given the goal away actually, but their lad shot right at Randolph instead of hitting it low and hard.  I don't think he had another save to make all night?  His distribution seemed dodgy to me and in the first half it seemed like him, Shotton and Ayala weren't on the same page.  Howson, I've already said on another thread did ok but had a lot of help from McNair and Clayton and didn't do as much as he could/should have done with the ball.  Lovely cross for the goal though.  McNair was solid but to me that's all he is and he seemed to be spending quite a bit of time playing where I thought Howson should have been.  Mishit a couple of shots, don't remember him setting any chances up but he might have done a few good defensive things?

These are the two posts that are apparently so bad.  The first one is about Bola and the second one is about the three players mentioned in it.  It's quite clear that I'm just giving my opinion.  I don't think I tell anyone what they have to think or that they are 'wrong', I just say why I have the opinions that I have.  Incidentally, that's exactly what everyone does whenever they write a post on here.  Other people give their opinions in exactly the same way, sometimes without an explanation, and they don't get the grief I get.  If I act like a *** in a post then fair enough but if I'm getting grief for posts like the above then I'm just wasting my time.