• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We got 3 points, that's far more positive than anything else we've done this season. I said before the game I'd take a scrappy win and I'm delighted we did just that in the end. May not have crossed y

That's not a happy face.. That's just Karanka yelling at Downing very angrily, while Leo is calling for the stewards to come and get Aitor! ?

First win of the season, first clean sheet of the season and more importantly first win on a match day thread I've done, the curse is lifted! 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, mj south said:

This referee is god awful, is he a Wigan fan??

He has been seriously bad. Both of Wigan's best chances have resulted directly from the ref not blowing for clear fouls.

Otherwise alright half, our passing is dog *** though so we need to work on that. 

Wing grew into the game. McNair great again. Browne awful, howson great too.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Borodane said:

Really? We’re really lucky he hasn’t sent off Browne. 

Hes giving us nothing, hes giving Wigan free kicks and not giving them us for similar offences!

Hes missed 2 blatant handballs and we cant buy a free kick at the moment for obvious fouls

24 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I think Browne will be sent off today. 

Needs to be hooked off before he's sent off. But what's the other option? Marvin? At least we'd still have 11 men.

Would like Clayton off as well. How has he become this bad? Saville may be no Pirlo, but surely he wouldn't do any worse.

Good result at half time, worrying performance though. Mind you Wigan haven't been amazing either, but we lack any sort of midfield control and we are very shaky at the back. 

Well for the most part that was brutal to watch, it reminded me of an over 40s ex pros charity game. What happened to the high tempo pressing game, we are just disjointed and ambling around. We are incapable of making a pass to our own team, is this a confidence thing a lack of fitness or confused coaching ?  

7 minutes ago, Borodane said:

He’s just making the most stupid fouls and he’s already on a yellow. He should have had a second from his latest foul. Now he’s shouting at the ref when the play is stopped. 

Passionate, trying too hard maybe? 

3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

He has been seriously bad. Both of Wigan's best chances have resulted directly from the ref not blowing for clear fouls.

Otherwise alright half, our passing is dog *** though so we need to work on that. 

Wing grew into the game. McNair great again. Browne awful, howson great too.

Wing is getting better and at least he's trying things. McNair and Howson doing well. Hoson wasted at RB, but frighteningly worrying he is our best defender when he's makeshift.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, pikerman said:

Well for the most part that was brutal to watch, it reminded me of an over 40s ex pros charity game. What happened to the high tempo pressing game, we are just disjointed and ambling around. We are incapable of making a pass to our own team, is this a confidence thing a lack of fitness or confused coaching ?  

I think it's just some of the players being bad at passing, when we get it to the good at passing players, we play some really nice stuff. We've played some beautiful stuff up and down the right wing, but if any of our defenders (bar Howson) have to pass the ball it goes nowhere.

We've missed some passes where they've been good ideas but have been cut out I class them as slightly less egregious than the ones like Ayala and Shotton just blasting it into touch.

Have to say the ref has been awful. Wigan handled the ball nearly as much as the Dublin GAA team at one point in that half and no fouls given. Didn’t think Browne deserved the first yellow but he should have had a second. Maybe it has evened itself out?