oneBoro Forum

The TP clear up.

So had a good chat yesterday with someone involved within the club... I'm not going to even say what or who but they were quite open about the mess that JW is having to try and change in terms of playing style and players.. let's just say a certain ex manager basically broke members of the squad and Woodgate is now undertaking a massive confidence and quality of football rebuild. Everyone is well aware that we need results and soon but it's not a quick fix.

• Like 4
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have a feeling Gestede's injury problems are down to Pulis stretching him on the rack to make him even taller and create "the perfect striker".

Well, one was at Arsenal and one was at West Ham.  One was at Charlton last season and helped them get promoted.  I'd say Charlton have more issues than we do and presumably would have had promotion a

I just wonder how many times this season TP is going to be used as an excuse for whenever something goes belly up at the club?  Flood lights gone? TP didn't check the bulb Burgers undercooke

So pretty much as expected, pulis managed to ruin players and now woodgate has the tough task of making them footballers again.

Good job he left us in such a good position though.

Shocking but not surprising, and reinforces the argument that Woodgate needs time to undo the damage his predecessor has inflicted on the club. I wonder if our star striker has suffered more than most over the last 18 months.

I know there's already a 13-page thread about Steve Gibson, but what question in his mind was answered by the words "Tony Pulis"?

6 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

So had a good chat yesterday with someone involved within the club... I'm not going to even say what or who but they were quite open about the mess that JW is having to try and change in terms of playing style and players.. let's just say a certain ex manager basically broke members of the squad and Woodgate is now undertaking a massive confidence and quality of football rebuild. Everyone is well aware that we need results and soon but it's not a quick fix.

Assuming the info is correct, it could explain why our new philosophy is taking a great deal of time to bed into the players. Think that some of these players also may not be here beyond this season and also probably don't have much to aim for this year if the expectation is that it's going to take some time. If you're in that position as a player, where in previous seasons your aim has always been promotion, you can understand why motivation could be a problem and a significant one for the gaffer to solve. It must be tough coming into a season as an older player, whose responsibility it is to lead the younger players, having to accept that your time in the limelight has all but come to an end.

And even worse, that the chairman supposedly wanted to keep the man who made this mess in charge in the summer. T'riffic stuff.

19 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

What was the reason for Gibson blocking the final loan signings then if there are so many broken players?

How many times did WBA fans visiting our forum mention how long it took to break the shackles of the Pulis regime.

Certainly not overnight and nearly a full season before real recovery was being shown.

The more you think about it the more criminal the whole situation seems.

Ok we will never be privy to what went on behind closed doors but we have a damned  good idea from what we have observed

1 minute ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

We have no cash.

We brought in about 10 million with flint and Braithwaite and spent what 3/4 million? Even if it is in instalments surely Gibson could have put a few million in the club and take it back when installments came through?

Just now, BoroJake said:

We brought in about 10 million with flint and Braithwaite and spent what 3/4 million? Even if it is in instalments surely Gibson could have put a few million in the club and take it back when installments came through?

I don't want to sound like I'm teaching you to suck eggs mate but it doesn't work like that..

• Like 1

But Gibbo 'grieved' when TP left although he'd left us in a fantastic place.

Woody owes everything to TP and was equally devastated when he left.

Woody's son needed counselling when 'uncle Tony' left.

This cannot be the same person who 'broke' players surely?

2 minutes ago, PsychFur said:

But Gibbo 'grieved' when TP left although he'd left us in a fantastic place.

It's becoming more and more clear that these were empty words designed to placate a personal friend, not praise a former employee.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

How did you get to this conclusion? Not sure 2 loan players is the difference between success and failure...personally.

Woodgate wants to play with wingers and due to a lack of a loan signing we are playing with a striker at left wing and Marvin Johnson at RW?