oneBoro Forum

The TP clear up.

5 hours ago, LinoJo3 said:

It could go either way I guess, shotton I think would be less vulnerable/isolated and fry excelled in a back 3 last season, a lot would depend on how the midfield dealt with it.

I would imagine the back 3 would be 

Friend-Ayala- Fry

I think our squad is suited to 532/352 but for now I want us to stick to the 433 we had against Luton. No need to panic our way to a winning formula yet as it senda the wrong message to the players too... and lets not forget we slated Monk for dropping his system after one game and ridiculed Pulis for stumbling on his 352 by injury default....

• Like 2
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have a feeling Gestede's injury problems are down to Pulis stretching him on the rack to make him even taller and create "the perfect striker".

Well, one was at Arsenal and one was at West Ham.  One was at Charlton last season and helped them get promoted.  I'd say Charlton have more issues than we do and presumably would have had promotion a

I just wonder how many times this season TP is going to be used as an excuse for whenever something goes belly up at the club?  Flood lights gone? TP didn't check the bulb Burgers undercooke

After watching about 20 mins of the Luton game I thought we might have been more suited to 5-3-2. 

Howson and Coulson could play as wing backs and press high up the pitch and both of them look better going forward than backwards.  

I'm another one who doesn't believe this story. I could see it with Clayton, as he's talked about finding things tough in recent years. Tavernier ist another one who was in and out of the team/squad and that can have an effect on confidence, but I could see why Pulis left him out sometimes. Apart from those two I can't really see (from the current squad) who Pulis could have broken? 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

So that's what's happened to gestede! Pulis broke him.. 

I have a feeling Gestede's injury problems are down to Pulis stretching him on the rack to make him even taller and create "the perfect striker".

• Haha 5
17 hours ago, ChipBarrington said:

I would imagine the back 3 would be 

Friend-Ayala- Fry

I think our squad is suited to 532/352 but for now I want us to stick to the 433 we had against Luton. No need to panic our way to a winning formula yet as it senda the wrong message to the players too... and lets not forget we slated Monk for dropping his system after one game and ridiculed Pulis for stumbling on his 352 by injury default....

I've been saying since day one of the summer that our squad looks far more suited to 532 a la wolves than the 433 woodgate has wanted to play. 

I get the impression that woodgate was promised the players that would make a 433 work so he started preseason with it and continued waiting for the new players to come in and make it a workable system. Now that it hasnt happened he needs to make a choice between sticking to his guns or switching the team around to fit the players.

I don't think it really matters as I wouldn't say that the formation is the problem.  The formation wasn't the problem in tonight's game.  The problems were that our passing was terrible, we play too slowly, we still somehow have no pace and we don't have the faintest idea how to attack as a team.  Play any formation you like but those things aren't going to change unfortunately.

As Tony Mowbray once said, "Players win matches, not formations". This rests fairly on Gibson's shoulders and his decision to pull the plug on at least a couple of loan signings. He must have phoned a friend for some last minute advice, I'm wondering who it is? Now that would be some good info to relay @Smoggydownsouth ?