• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have a feeling Gestede's injury problems are down to Pulis stretching him on the rack to make him even taller and create "the perfect striker".

Well, one was at Arsenal and one was at West Ham.  One was at Charlton last season and helped them get promoted.  I'd say Charlton have more issues than we do and presumably would have had promotion a

I just wonder how many times this season TP is going to be used as an excuse for whenever something goes belly up at the club?  Flood lights gone? TP didn't check the bulb Burgers undercooke

6 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

How did you get to this conclusion? Not sure 2 loan players is the difference between success and failure...personally.

You're stirring up the pot with all your info and how outraged you were with Gibson's shafting of Woodgate and now you're saying two players make little difference.

3 minutes ago, Erimus 63 said:

You're stirring up the pot with all your info and how outraged you were with Gibson's shafting of Woodgate and now you're saying two players make little difference.

They're not mutually exclusive mate. He can be mad at gibson for shafting woody and not think not bringing in 2 players means we're risking a championship place.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Brunners said:

They're not mutually exclusive mate. He can be mad at gibson for shafting woody and not think not bringing in 2 players means we're risking a championship place.

He can speak for himself. I see you've got your moderating head on...

51 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

So had a good chat yesterday with someone involved within the club... I'm not going to even say what or who but they were quite open about the mess that JW is having to try and change in terms of playing style and players.. let's just say a certain ex manager basically broke members of the squad and Woodgate is now undertaking a massive confidence and quality of football rebuild. Everyone is well aware that we need results and soon but it's not a quick fix.

What about the new players?  They had nothing to do with Pulis.  I don't think it has anything to do with confidence to be honest.

Just now, Erimus 63 said:

He can speak for himself. I see you've got your moderating head on...

It's got nothing to do with being a mod lmao, just getting involved in the discussion!

6 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

What about the new players?  They had nothing to do with Pulis.  I don't think it has anything to do with confidence to be honest.

What, the 3 new players that have been here 2-3 weeks individually and have all never played at this level before? What do they have to do with confirming a theory (if that is indeed what you're saying)?

22 minutes ago, Erimus 63 said:

My stirring the pot was me relaying info... my dismay at not getting players is natural as I know we are short... do I think it will cause us to go down... not a chance but then I could well be wrong and we do.

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

What, the 3 new players that have been here 2-3 weeks individually and have all never played at this level before? What do they have to do with confirming a theory (if that is indeed what you're saying)?

Why would they be low on confidence because of Tony Pulis?  

13 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

CT just to counteract your thoughts... how many of the new players have played for a club that comes with pressure like ours. I'm not dismissing what your saying far from it but you can see how confidence shot the whole team is when we concede etc. I think personally it has a massive effect on the footy we play. Just my own thoughts.. 

8 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Why would they be low on confidence because of Tony Pulis?  

Indirectly. This is a group of people, if you walk into a new job today and 90% of the office has their heads down and don't look happy, you may start to lose confidence yourself. They're young lads who need guidance and if any of the senior members of the playing staff are down at all, that will rub off on you.

• Like 2

I think most of us have accepted not going up this season and are to some degree on board with the rebuilding project that Woodgate has to endure. 

But if Gibson is expecting sympathy he can eat slugs. The whole of football knew what youd get with Pulis. *** football and a team of plodders. He's done it EVERYWHERE hes been. So for Gibson or the club to be surprised where we were now is, frankly what we deserve for such a backwards appointment. 

To me it just highlights again the lack of thought of Gibson and co in such a backwards appointment. 

We are where we are now for not backing Karanka in the Jan. Then for being shafted by Monk. But Pulis got rid of players like Christie for his brand of football, arguably made Braithwaite leave and played Hugill over Britt. All of this to suit his *** style of play. 

Now its come full circle as we try and change the system and mess hes left behind. I feel sorry for Woodgate having to pick up players, the fans and change the brand of football on his first job. I hope we dont bemoan a lack of experience, but Gibson has hardly giving him a leg to stand on. 

• Like 2

Thanks for the info but I can't buy it personally. JW has been at the club whilst Pulis was here so he must have known their state of mind. He has said he has good players that will score goals. He just has to implement his philosophy. Most fans, even those critical of his appointment will give him and the players a chance if we can see what he is trying to achieve in his style of play and he tells it straight in his presser. If he thinks these players can't do it I would much prefer him to come out and say we haven't got the bodies to play the way I want yet, but you will see the team give 100%. After Saturday that may be the way to go anyway because if all a poor team needs to do to nullify what little threat we have is play it long then we are not going to be very effective.