oneBoro Forum

New oneBoro Members joining from other Forums

Firstly to everyone who has recently joined the oneBoro forum, especially those whose loyalties laid elsewhere, a very warm welcome to you all and thank you for having a look at this forum. Hopefully when you see what is on offer you will decide to stay and contribute to the on-going discussion and become part and parcel and the back bone of a growing community of Boro fans from both near and far.

We are fully aware of the reasons that possibly made you check the oneBoro forum out and having viewed other forums there are so many familiar names signing up to oneBoro. I can honestly say that the number of new members signing up is at levels we have not experienced before and we are dealing with new applications constantly and on a daily basis.

The increase in valid members is at a level that we have now applied to become represented on the MFC Fans Forum and this is now an on-going process, something we are quite excited about.

I have seen and read comments and posts suggesting that the oneBoro forum is worth checking out and for a variety of reasons as well however whatever made you decide to visit us we are pleased that you did.

Yes the formatting of our forum is very different and well it could appear very simple and straight forward but that is the intention because we are specifically a football fans forum where the only real issues are matters relating to Middlesbrough FC and football in general . We have various sub sections that can be visited and commented upon if the subject matter is to your taste and like anything else it will take a little time to get used to it as well as all of the functions that are available to you when joining.

Politics, Brexit, Religion, Racism and all phobias are all subjects that we simply do not discuss so please be aware of that, any subject matter introduced as a thread, topic of discussion will be deleted and the author politely warned about it.

We also do not want previous tit for tat gripes between members spilling over into new subject matters because it spoils the subject for other members.

The big difference though is seen through our match day threads. We use this as a build up, actual match comments as the game is played and then the aftermath of the game so if you do want to comment then there is no reason for new threads being introduced on the same subject matter just use the one big umbrella. Your comments and views will be seen by others and responded to by the use of the quote facility in the thread. I will use Erimus 74 whom most of you know as an example. His popular on this day posts are now all inclusive within a dedicated thread for him and it works well because you can view earlier information and still comment on the input from him.  

It may seem that we do not have as much subject matter to discuss but the match day threads can get up to 700 responses depending on the game but we will welcome any new subject matter you feel will be of interest and within boundaries.

Perhaps the biggest difference to us and other Boro related forums is that we do have an active Moderation team and usually there is at least one member on at any time. They are not here to police you, tell you what to do, confront you but purely to act on the behalf of the whole forum when and if situations arise and their attention, action is required. So yes there are personal messages, warnings and banning's in place but that will only result by particular behaviour from individuals.

Seriously though we are delighted to have you on board, we hope that you like your experience of getting to know the forum and that you will wish to stay and participate within a forum that is getting more popular every day.

Also please remember that all Moderators are there to assist and they will answer any questions that you may ask. However we have so many decent loyal and long standing members that I know they will be happy to offer any advise themselves.

Have fun and please enjoy oneBoro! 

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Firstly to everyone who has recently joined the oneBoro forum, especially those whose loyalties laid elsewhere, a very warm welcome to you all and thank you for having a look at this forum. Hopefully when you see what is on offer you will decide to stay and contribute to the on-going discussion and become part and parcel and the back bone of a growing community of Boro fans from both near and far.

We are fully aware of the reasons that possibly made you check the oneBoro forum out and having viewed other forums there are so many familiar names signing up to oneBoro. I can honestly say that the number of new members signing up is at levels we have not experienced before and we are dealing with new applications constantly and on a daily basis.

The increase in valid members is at a level that we have now applied to become represented on the MFC Fans Forum and this is now an on-going process, something we are quite excited about.

I have seen and read comments and posts suggesting that the oneBoro forum is worth checking out and for a variety of reasons as well however whatever made you decide to visit us we are pleased that you did.

Yes the formatting of our forum is very different and well it could appear very simple and straight forward but that is the intention because we are specifically a football fans forum where the only real issues are matters relating to Middlesbrough FC and football in general . We have various sub sections that can be visited and commented upon if the subject matter is to your taste and like anything else it will take a little time to get used to it as well as all of the functions that are available to you when joining.

Politics, Brexit, Religion, Racism and all phobias are all subjects that we simply do not discuss so please be aware of that, any subject matter introduced as a thread, topic of discussion will be deleted and the author politely warned about it.

We also do not want previous tit for tat gripes between members spilling over into new subject matters because it spoils the subject for other members.

The big difference though is seen through our match day threads. We use this as a build up, actual match comments as the game is played and then the aftermath of the game so if you do want to comment then there is no reason for new threads being introduced on the same subject matter just use the one big umbrella. Your comments and views will be seen by others and responded to by the use of the quote facility in the thread. I will use Erimus 74 whom most of you know as an example. His popular on this day posts are now all inclusive within a dedicated thread for him and it works well because you can view earlier information and still comment on the input from him.  

It may seem that we do not have as much subject matter to discuss but the match day threads can get up to 700 responses depending on the game but we will welcome any new subject matter you feel will be of interest and within boundaries.

Perhaps the biggest difference to us and other Boro related forums is that we do have an active Moderation team and usually there is at least one member on at any time. They are not here to police you, tell you what to do, confront you but purely to act on the behalf of the whole forum when and if situations arise and their attention, action is required. So yes there are personal messages, warnings and banning's in place but that will only result by particular behaviour from individuals.

Seriously though we are delighted to have you on board, we hope that you like your experience of getting to know the forum and that you will wish to stay and participate within a forum that is getting more popular every day.

Also please remember that all Moderators are there to assist and they will answer any questions that you may ask. However we have so many decent loyal and long standing members that I know they will be happy to offer any advise themselves.

Have fun and please enjoy oneBoro! 

Great post Alan

There's no need to discuss politics or Brexit here because after reading a few posts by certain people you'll know which way they lean, so to speak.

We do have a "Chattybox" thread stickied, where you can talk about pretty much anything, in fact Brexit has been discussed in there, just don't start new threads about stuff that isn't to do with Boro and you'll be fine!

2 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

There's no need to discuss politics or Brexit here because after reading a few posts by certain people you'll know which way they lean, so to speak.

We do have a "Chattybox" thread stickied, where you can talk about pretty much anything, in fact Brexit has been discussed in there, just don't start new threads about stuff that isn't to do with Boro and you'll be fine!

DZ is correct in what he has mentioned various subjects are discussed within the chattybox and covering political and Brexit subject matters but it is never introduced as a subject per say. As long as certain boundaries are not crossed it will never be an issue. 

Sounds like a good approach. Sick to death of Brexit threads to be honest, they all go the same way and everyone is utterly entrenched in their own viewpoint so its pointless debating it for 250 posts every 2 days.

I don't know of many forum discussions on religion, brexit etc where the posters have gone "Actually thats a totally valid point that I had not considered, I will reconsider my views"

• Like 3

well......at least I got the right county......looks like the one near Scotch Corner is called Gilling West.....anyone know how Allens West got its name?...doesn't seem to have a link to anything 

16 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

well......at least I got the right county......looks like the one near Scotch Corner is called Gilling West.....anyone know how Allens West got its name?...doesn't seem to have a link to anything 

Maybe a very narcissistic man named Allen founded it.