oneBoro Forum

Boro V Millwall 1-1 (McNair)

Was dropping Dijksteel harsh? Yes

What’s the most impressive wall you’ve ever seen? Berlin

Will Millwall’s direct style make us come unstuck? No idea.

Would you make any changes? Yes

Randolph

Dijksteel - Fry - Ayala - Bola

Howson - McNair

Browne - Wing - Tavernier

Fletcher

Score predictions? 1-1

• Like 1
  • Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Middlesbrough vs Millwall (H) *Crash* *Bang* *Whallop* Woody has burst through his first hurdle with a thoroughly convincing *cough* win against Wigan Athletic! Now can he crash through the

Bloody hell, I know Howson has an engine on him, but to cover both Right-back and centre mid!

Here is another angle of the first penalty appeal.

Posted Images

14 hours ago, Tobermory Whitby said:

Was dropping Dijksteel harsh? Yes

What’s the most impressive wall you’ve ever seen? Berlin

Will Millwall’s direct style make us come unstuck? No idea.

Would you make any changes? Yes

Randolph

Dijksteel - Fry - Ayala - Bola

Howson - McNair

Browne - Wing - Tavernier

Fletcher

Score predictions? 1-1

You’d drop Britt after scoring the winner on Tuesday?

For me we need to start with  Dijksteel, Browne and Bola. These lads are supposed to be the future of the club. It's no point in judging a player on 90 mins. Hope they all start and do well. 2-0 win for the Boro.  Onward and upward.

• Like 1

If Fry isn't fit yet, the only change I think I'd make is Saville for Wing.

I think Wing has been poor all season, and is probably tiring as is.

I'd like Dijksteel to be starting but Howson was good on Tuesday and deserves to keep his place.

18 hours ago, TAPOUT said:

I agree. 433 but tinkering with the personnel is better than changing formation, just to see if we have the players that can be effective. I don't mind a change of formation during the match to respond to the opposition. 

Don't go on Social media, Theres nutters & feral Kids on there...just saying

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Foogle said:

Fans aren't known to be very patient to be fair, just look at the "fans" calling for Woody's head on social media.

I was happy-ish with the team performance at Luton,Just backs needed tweeking 

18 hours ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Bloody hell, I know Howson has an engine on him, but to cover both Right-back and centre mid!

Rumours of him also starting upfront are still awaiting to be confirmed by Sky Sport Sources. 

In all seriousness though, I feel we need to play Dijksteele RB, but Howson is doing bits at right back so it's a hard one to call.

• Like 1

I agree that Wing isn't looking at his best at the moment. 

Maybe push Howson up to midfield and Dijksteel drop in at RB with Wing dropping to the bench? 

Need to start Browne again, hopefully he'll curb his aggression a little.

Any news about Friend or Fry? We really must get shot of Shotton. 

The opposition must be thinking that every time they get the ball there's a shot on when up against Shotton. 

Still keep Britt up front but he has to stay central

4 hours ago, LukeR said:

You’d drop Britt after scoring the winner on Tuesday?

Remember - he's judged for everything he doesn't do, scoring the goal to give us our first win won't cut the mustard with the critics he has. 

2 minutes ago, Randy Sandwich said:

Remember - he's judged for everything he doesn't do, scoring the goal to give us our first win won't cut the mustard with the critics he has. 

A player can have a poor game and still score a goal......

I did think Britt had a decent game against Wigan though, had a couple of decent chances, runs and seemed to have a higher work rate than he has been guilty of in the past. 

He 100% is the best we have and there should be no question he starts as the main striker every week due to this. 

Was dropping Dijksteel harsh?

I don't think so, especially after Howson got the assist. I'm sure the lad is mentally tough enough not to have his confidence destroyed by being dropped one game after a poor performance.

What’s the most impressive wall you’ve ever seen?

I've never actually seen it but I really like Karl Pilkington describing it as "The alright wall of China" 

Will Millwall’s direct style make us come unstuck?

So long as they don't get in our face and give us time to play our own game we should be fine. So basically yes, we will struggle. 

Would you make any changes?

If Fry is fit I'd start him alongside Ayala. Probably start Johnson over Browne purely because I think he will get sent off if he starts playing like he did last game.

Score predictions?

1-0 Boro, Britt penalty.

• Like 1

OK, didn't answer any of the questions.

Was dropping Dijksteel harsh?

Can't say to be honest, I've been away on holiday and haven't seen him play yet. Having said that Howson did a job albeit against a weak side. 

What’s the most impressive wall you’ve ever seen?

The Wall of Death where people ride motorcycles around and around on a round wall-like wall. 

Will Millwall’s direct style make us come unstuck?

I think Clayton or Paddy need to play deeper and cover Shocking Shotton - he can win the ball in the air but mustn't be allowed to use his feet. 

Would you make any changes?

If Friend and Fry aren't yet 100% then I'd probably only drop Wing to the bench, moving Howson up to midfield and Dijksteel at RB

Score predictions?

2-0

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, BelgianBoro said:

OK, didn't answer any of the questions.

The questions are optional to be fair ?

I do think the decision on Dijksteel was justified simply for the performance that Howson put in at RB.

• Like 1

Does seem like we're gearing up to get Fry back into the fold tomorrow. I'd be delighted to see him back in the team. A back 4 of Bola, Fry, Ayala and Howson is actually not too bad. Bola is getting an opportunity thanks to injuries elsewhere and I hope he starts to grow into it, Howson is making sure we're not drastically in need of Dijksteel and if him and Browne really are as hungry to prove themselves as Woody says they are, then keeping Dijksteel out for now is not a bad thing. It's a good thing that Johnson is also having a good start to the season, the front 3 picks itself at the moment for me. Fletch and Johnson really deserve to be in it and leaving Britt out seems nonsensical unless Browne, Gestede or Walker really show us something special. Good to see Walker in the squads too, I was hoping on Saturday that we'd get another 1 or 2 as I think Woody may have brought him on instead of Gestede if he felt more comfortable we'd see out the win.

• Like 1