oneBoro Forum

Boro V Millwall 1-1 (McNair)

4 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Does seem like we're gearing up to get Fry back into the fold tomorrow. I'd be delighted to see him back in the team. A back 4 of Bola, Fry, Ayala and Howson is actually not too bad. Bola is getting an opportunity thanks to injuries elsewhere and I hope he starts to grow into it, Howson is making sure we're not drastically in need of Dijksteel and if him and Browne really are as hungry to prove themselves as Woody says they are, then keeping Dijksteel out for now is not a bad thing. It's a good thing that Johnson is also having a good start to the season, the front 3 picks itself at the moment for me. Fletch and Johnson really deserve to be in it and leaving Britt out seems nonsensical unless Browne, Gestede or Walker really show us something special. Good to see Walker in the squads too, I was hoping on Saturday that we'd get another 1 or 2 as I think Woody may have brought him on instead of Gestede if he felt more comfortable we'd see out the win.

Were you at the game on Tuesday? What was Bola like live? Watching him on the red button I thought he had a pretty decent game all things considered, especially after what has been pretty unanimously called a bad debut.

• Like 1
  • Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Middlesbrough vs Millwall (H) *Crash* *Bang* *Whallop* Woody has burst through his first hurdle with a thoroughly convincing *cough* win against Wigan Athletic! Now can he crash through the

Bloody hell, I know Howson has an engine on him, but to cover both Right-back and centre mid!

Here is another angle of the first penalty appeal.

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Were you at the game on Tuesday? What was Bola like live? Watching him on the red button I thought he had a pretty decent game all things considered, especially after what has been pretty unanimously called a bad debut.

Yeah I'm a season ticket holder now, mate. I wasn't incredibly impressed personally, I thought he looked comfortable enough but didn't really offer a great deal going forward, kind of seemed within himself a little. Maybe harsh and expecting a bit more from him but then he does have Hayden Coulson waiting in the wings ready to take his place back if he doesn't improve so I hope for his sake he starts to show a bit more.

That being said, I'm happy enough with him in the team right now. I'd rather him than Friend at left-back. At least Bola has plenty of space to improve his game and with him and the other 2 new lads, there's going to be a time and place for them to do that throughout the season. Whilst everyone else is injured, this is a good chance for him to make the spot his own.

• Like 2

Going to my first home match since the Wolves game when Pulis was here. Bloody excited and happy that I'm going to watch a team that doesn't have that dinosaur barking down the touchline with his anti football. Thank god. Its my birthday today so hoping we can get three points to top of a great day tommorow. 

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Going to my first home match since the Wolves game when Pulis was here. Bloody excited and happy that I'm going to watch a team that doesn't have that dinosaur barking down the touchline with his anti football. Thank god. Its my birthday today so hoping we can get three points to top of a great day tommorow. 

Happy birthday bud!

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Happy birthday Dan. 3 points would be a nice present ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well someone needs to give a rallying call.

Come on Boro! do your stuff boys and beat the other "Lions" so that your "pride" is there afterwards for all to see.

And if he plays a special message to a super guy

Ra, Ra, Ra...…...Goooooooooooo….Adaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam!

Ps Happy Birthday Dan 

23 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

If Fry isn't fit yet, the only change I think I'd make is Saville for Wing.

I think Wing has been poor all season, and is probably tiring as is.

I'd like Dijksteel to be starting but Howson was good on Tuesday and deserves to keep his place.

I think Saville will start anyway...And I bet he scores 

I thought Saville did well when he came on in midweek, still think he could be a really important player for us. I’d like to see Howson in Clayton’s position but I don’t think Woodgate sees him there unfortunately. McNair could play in defence or in Clayton’s role but I think he’s more effective where he’s been playing. Wing needs a rest. 

I thought Bola was good on Tuesday. 

37 minutes ago, Gilling Red said:

I hope we get a set of officials that don't need to go to spec savers. It feels like we need to beat the opposition and the officials lately. Still think 2-0 on the cards.  

You mean, the England Cricket team sponsors,enough said

Was dropping Dijksteel harsh? I think so. New player under a new manager, can't judge him on one performance.

What’s the most impressive wall you’ve ever seen? The retained sections of the Berlin Wall are spine-tingling.

Will Millwall’s direct style make us come unstuck? It might suit us. They hoof it, we hoof it.

Would you make any changes? Yes. I think we've played our best football in the last decade as a 4231, with one DCM holding and the other breaking forward to support the front quartet. For me, it'd be:

Randolph

Dijksteel - Fry (Friend if Fry's not fit) - Ayala - Bola

Howson (box to box) - Clayton (holding)

Browne (deserves another chance) - McNair - Fletcher in a fluid three

Britt

Score predictions? 2-1 Boro, with at least one red card.

2 hours ago, Skinemrippers said:

I thought Saville did well when he came on in midweek, still think he could be a really important player for us. I’d like to see Howson in Clayton’s position but I don’t think Woodgate sees him there unfortunately. McNair could play in defence or in Clayton’s role but I think he’s more effective where he’s been playing. Wing needs a rest. 

I thought Bola was good on Tuesday. 

Nothing against Clayton but I think Howson in Clayton's position is a decent shout, good in the tackle comfortable on the ball and  far better passer.

I think whoever plays CDM at the minute is on a hiding to nothing. It's fairly obvious that neither Ayala or Shotton can bring the ball out effectively so you end up with a CDM having to drop too deep. When we get centrebacks who can bring the ball out better I think Clayton will be more effective. When Clayton lost the ball allowing Lowe in v Wigan the CBs were less than 5 metres apart in the centre of the pitch.  They need to be pulling out wide and creating space. I understand that it takes time to bed in a system but getting the CBs to pull out wide to receive the ball to play it out is a basic instruction. They obviously can't do it so we end up with a midfielder dropping too deep.