oneBoro Forum

Boro V Millwall 1-1 (McNair)

Just now, DevKWat said:

I’m much more concerned about our performance rather than the refereeing at the minute, I’m not being over dramatic but for long periods in these first 4/5 games we have genuinely looked like a bottom 3 side... 

well first half against Brentford was very good and with a normal ref we would have had 2-0. Today second half was very good and with a normal ref we would have had atleast 3 penalties ?

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Middlesbrough vs Millwall (H) *Crash* *Bang* *Whallop* Woody has burst through his first hurdle with a thoroughly convincing *cough* win against Wigan Athletic! Now can he crash through the

Bloody hell, I know Howson has an engine on him, but to cover both Right-back and centre mid!

Here is another angle of the first penalty appeal.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

I’m much more concerned about our performance rather than the refereeing at the minute, I’m not being over dramatic but for long periods in these first 4/5 games we have genuinely looked like a bottom 3 side... 

I thought we were really good second half today! Some very strong showings from a few players and if we can more consistently play like that we'll be fine. 

Just got in the car, thought it was very much a game of 2 halves. If I were a Millwall fan id have been really amazed as to how we weren't out of sight first half. We rode our luck with them missing open goals. Second half we looked plenty better and got the ball on the ground and looked ok in spells. 

Poor poor defending for their corner, totally switched off. 

Ref made some mistakes in the game, but we can't keep blaming the referee for the results were enduring. 

That first half was shocking from us, was glad when the halftime whistle had gone I'm going to be totally honest. 

A point was a fair result of the game imho. 

4 minutes ago, SouthWest Boro said:

Unbeaten in two.

Let's look at it positively.

Will be very happy if we make it three unbeaten as Bristol City will be tough.

A point against Bristol City would be a very good result. They underachieved last year and I expect them to be near the top of the table (in the play offs) come the end of this season. I will be very pleased if we manage to stay unbeaten for a third match.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BillinghamBoro said:

Just got in the car, thought it was very much a game of 2 halves. If I were a Millwall fan id have been really amazed as to how we weren't out of sight first half. We rode our luck with them missing open goals. Second half we looked plenty better and got the ball on the ground and looked ok in spells. 

Poor poor defending for their corner, totally switched off. 

Ref made some mistakes in the game, but we can't keep blaming the referee for the results were enduring. 

That first half was shocking from us, was glad when the halftime whistle had gone I'm going to be totally honest. 

A point was a fair result of the game imho. 

I think you can blame the ref when he possibly misses 3 penalties.

1 minute ago, BoroJake said:

I think you can blame the ref when he possibly misses 3 penalties.

We still need to be taking chances and scoring from them, regardless of the rights or wrongs of the ref. In football you get some decisions and sometimes you don't. 

Thought that was a fair result, looked like we were poor first half but we definitely picked up second half. Johnson came on and was nice and direct, really gave us a lift.  Moment of the match was their manager getting sent off.

5 minutes ago, BillinghamBoro said:

We still need to be taking chances and scoring from them, regardless of the rights or wrongs of the ref. In football you get some decisions and sometimes you don't. 

Except we seem to consistently not get decisions. And when most of our chances were ended by the penalty decisions I think we have a valid reason to complain.

Fletcher “out wide” does not work at all. He comes central and stands next to Britt making it to congested. Browne was doing the same so I do not understand the tactics there at all. No width what so ever. Johnson comes on and gets wide and all of a sudden we look a different team. It’s really not rocket science, you learn at junior level when you have the ball make the pitch big. Painful at times today.

I haven't seen the game.. But seriously, from those pictures, and if there were another penna claim.. 

We have really something coming our way soon. 

Feel like we atleast should be having 10 points, but we have 5

That's football for you.