oneBoro Forum

Boro V Millwall 1-1 (McNair)

I’m worried that Woodgate is saying we need 5 players in Jan. he knew that in summer but Gibson still pulled the plug on a couple of loans. I’d imagine one or two in Jan max. 

I think Woodgate needs to be braver and stick with Djiksteel and Bola/Coulson and move Howson into the middle. Howson has played well at RB but we’re wasting or best midfielder playing him there. I know Djiksteel was injured yesterday but I still think he would have been on the bench if fit. 

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Middlesbrough vs Millwall (H) *Crash* *Bang* *Whallop* Woody has burst through his first hurdle with a thoroughly convincing *cough* win against Wigan Athletic! Now can he crash through the

Bloody hell, I know Howson has an engine on him, but to cover both Right-back and centre mid!

Here is another angle of the first penalty appeal.

Posted Images

I don't think we are wasting our best midfielder playing him at right-back but then I didn't really see the Blackburn game, isn't that the only game he's played in midfield this season? I do like Howson as a midfielder but I think McNair and Wing are better options in the further up roles and I'm not sure about him as a holding midfielder.

I think we'd be wasting our best right-back so far by playing him in midfield when we've got enough other options in there. Think the competition should help Howson maintain his level of performance and allow Dijksteel to push him for the spot. It's just a shame we're out of the cup already but I still think Dijksteel will get his chance, it might just mean dropping Howson altogether for a rest. In those situations, Dijksteel needs to be ready to come in and stake his claim for the more permanent spot.

• Like 1