oneBoro Forum

Boro V Millwall 1-1 (McNair)

3 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

On the positive side, we scored a league goal kicking towards the north stand!

Only took 8 months.

Ironically the last time we scored it was against Millwall haha, another 1-1 draw 

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Middlesbrough vs Millwall (H) *Crash* *Bang* *Whallop* Woody has burst through his first hurdle with a thoroughly convincing *cough* win against Wigan Athletic! Now can he crash through the

Bloody hell, I know Howson has an engine on him, but to cover both Right-back and centre mid!

Here is another angle of the first penalty appeal.

Posted Images

Refs were useless again. Missed at least one pen and a clear corner. Also, is handball not an offence anymore? Millwall and Wigan were practically playing rugby at times. 

Disappointing to drop 2 points after the lovely goal by Paddy. Thought Randolph (super see first half) and Fletcher did well. Johnson changed the game - he needs to start next game over browne

4 minutes ago, Lord_Moose said:

Also I thought Shotton had a good game, only 1 or 2 loose passes but he was definitely better, put in some very good tackles.

This is the frustrating thing with him - speaking purely defensively, over the last two games I've actually thought he's been alright. Good few blocks, timely interceptions, won a lot of headers and today made at least one quality goal saving tackle.

Sometimes even with the ball he would dance around a player - his problem is one good thing is followed up by a bad thing. Twice he danced around attackers pressing him - once he sold Bola short and we lost possession and the other time he used his left foot to play a long pass to a Millwall player with literally no red shirts within 10 yards.

I just can't fathom what goes through his mind sometimes when he makes those decisions. 

Sorry if this has been asked already but any news on why Dijksteel was not in squad today?

Walker played for u23s didnt he so was it a case of a late injury to Dijksteel which led to Walker being amongst the subs?

1 minute ago, BoroJake said:

I think Bola had a good game today

he had a decent second half - I felt his first half was lacking confidence, he seemed to just go backwards to move responsibility. Second half he started making more runs, played some great passes. Could work on his delivery however!

Just now, TLF10 said:

Sorry if this has been asked already but any news on why Dijksteel was not in squad today?

Walker played for u23s didnt he so was it a case of a late injury to Dijksteel which led to Walker being amongst the subs?

Yes he apparently failed a late fitness test.

Wing in for saville next game and Marvin Johnson in for Browne. I’d drop Britt too, but there is no one to really replace him unless we play fletcher up front and Johnson and Browne on the wing which is unlikely

3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

he had a decent second half - I felt his first half was lacking confidence, he seemed to just go backwards to move responsibility. Second half he started making more runs, played some great passes. Could work on his delivery however!

I noticed the same with Bola as well in last 2 games. Get a feeling he bit scared so plays it safe too often so to not get a negative reaction from the stands. However, when he does actually get forward he looks good. Maybe he will grow in confidence more he plays.

One thing he does need to do is look up when he crossing as he almost crosses with his head over the ball. 

I thought Shotton lost a few headers today though their striker is quite good at winning them.

Overall, first half was rubbish, second half was good apart from the 5-10 minutes after we scored. Once again, Johnson comes on for a completely ineffective Browne. I still feel bad for him as he has once again been hung out to dry after a dreadful performance from the team in the first half. Individually he was rubbish but it's difficult to get involved when the lads behind you are just as bad. He is better than what has been shown I think, and that's from someone who wasn't entirely overawed by the St. Etienne performance.

The goal from us was really nice. We took a chance that we actually made with the ball on the floor, woohoo! Nice finish from McNair, completely caught the keeper out and he did well to pick up the gap in their back line.

I was hoping otherwise of course but it seems the no handball memo reached today's referee too. I do think fans were shouting for anything by the end but there were a couple which seemed clear as day. I'd love a ref to go through these handballs from the last 2 games and tell me why those decisions are correct.

Randolph made an absolutely stunning save first half too, we're right in the middle of the North stand about 3/4 up and it looked like it was buried in the top corner. He also skinned a couple of players and in the second half shielded a ball out like a pro defender. He did however very nearly gift them a perfect chance to score, couldn't tell how they didn't score from our end.

Didn't really see what happened for their goal. But Tom Bradshaw coming on to one or two boos before scoring was a bit funny really.