• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't have a soft spot for him.  I wasn't convinced when we bought him unlike most on here and I rated Bamford as the better player as I also said repeatedly on the forum, preferring to keep him and

Yes, horribly, in my opinion!  He's not a complete footballer (which is why he's still a championship player) but I would argue we haven't had a goalscorer as good as him in a decade or so. 

Bamford is clearly the better of the 2 it’s not and never has been up for debate for me.

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, BelgianBoro said:

I really hope Britt doesn't read this thread ? 

If he just reads the thread title he'll be grand ?

• Like 1

Ok granted this takes a lot of information out of the equation such as team dynamics, league etc. but I've wasted a bit of time putting together some stats from 2015/2016 season to current day: 

Just how influential the team change can be on the players stats, Bamford for e.g. is now averaging 3.6 shots per game for Leeds compared to ~1.8 for us. 

Capture.JPG

(Source - www.whoscored.com) 

In my opinion this shows that they are all similar Championship strikers in terms of basic stats who very likely are all equally suitable for this level only just have different attributes, suit different styles of play and obv different costs etc. I could make an argument why I would want and not want each of them. 

Edited by FamilyBoro
  • Like 1
20 hours ago, FamilyBoro said:

Ok granted this takes a lot of information out of the equation such as team dynamics, league etc. but I've wasted a bit of time putting together some stats from 2015/2016 season to current day: 

Just how influential the team change can be on the players stats, Bamford for e.g. is now averaging 3.6 shots per game for Leeds compared to ~1.8 for us. 

Capture.JPG

(Source - www.whoscored.com) 

In my opinion this shows that they are all similar Championship strikers in terms of basic stats who very likely are all equally suitable for this level only just have different attributes, suit different styles of play and obv different costs etc. I could make an argument why I would want and not want each of them. 

Does that show they are the same?

Bamford played a lot on the wing, yet is still fairly comparable. Britt is way behind in assists, he has negligible assists. He is also below the others in Key passes, and more than twice as many offsides as Bamford (although that will be influenced by him playing on the wing), Brit again is poor in the bad controls per game also.

He is the best we have, but he is so limited and ineffective against the top sides, that he can't really justify his significant wages. He is also approaching his prime, and will have 1 year on his contract in next summer. I think whe will go then, and because he will have 15 goals we will probably get an ok fee for him, maybe 9 mill

1 hour ago, Brunners said:

I like your passion for your dislike of britt. Its commendable.

I disagree with it, but it's commendable.

brunners, he is the best we have....but not good enough for what we want to achieve

Edited by BoroMart
34 minutes ago, BoroMart said:

brunners, he is the best we have....but not good enough for what we want to achieve

I disagree he’s exactly what we need we just don’t give him what he needs ?‍♂️

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Uwe said:

He is very unlucky to never ever have been in a team that gives him what he needs.  ?

15 minutes ago, Uwe said:

I suppose that is the crux of the matter. Do you build a team to feed your centre forward or build a team whose collective will produce more. Unfortunately at the minute we are neither. 

1 hour ago, BoroMart said:

He is very unlucky to never ever have been in a team that gives him what he needs.  ?

He's played for a bad Forest team and one of the worst offensively Boro teams I've ever seen. He's still scored 15 goals a season. 

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...

Why? Because he missed two chances in a game when the entire team underperformed? Do you want to make him the scapegoat? Is that the answer, drop Britt and we will climb the table?

Drop him to the bench, to tell him he needs to tap in sitters, not shoot with full force... Just tap it in

I can not stand that smirky grin, when he has missed a sitter either... It's arrogant... 

I love him when he scored and you can count on him... But he needs to get his head right... Just score the goal.. Don't try to make it look better than needed... Same goes with penalties, shoot flat and low.. Not blast it over 3 times in a row.. One time is bad luck, two times is baffling, but three *** times is arrogant, wanting it to be a beauty, instead of just scoring in a safer way!