• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't have a soft spot for him.  I wasn't convinced when we bought him unlike most on here and I rated Bamford as the better player as I also said repeatedly on the forum, preferring to keep him and

Yes, horribly, in my opinion!  He's not a complete footballer (which is why he's still a championship player) but I would argue we haven't had a goalscorer as good as him in a decade or so. 

Bamford is clearly the better of the 2 it’s not and never has been up for debate for me.

Posted Images

I'm gonna stick to my Britt is bobbins line. I would sell him and replace with Toney from Peterborough in a heartbeat.

At least he has managed a goal against a half decent Bristol City side, so broken the spell of blanks against top 8 teams.

8 hours ago, BoroMart said:

At least he has managed a goal against a half decent Bristol City side, so broken the spell of blanks against top 8 teams.

Not that 2 teams out of 7 is overly impressive, but he scored against Bristol and West Brom last season.

He also scored two penalties in a row in the final games, his Luton miss had wiped them from my mind.

12 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Not that 2 teams out of 7 is overly impressive, but he scored against Bristol and West Brom last season.

He also scored two penalties in a row in the final games, his Luton miss had wiped them from my mind.

remember we played those teams twice, so 12 blanks in 14 games

He scored 14 in a full season of Pulis, I couldn't give much of a cack any more who he scored against. He had about 30 games worth of minutes on the pitch in a team that mostly had 1 striker chasing the ball over their head for full games and he still managed 14 goals.

• Like 1
On 10/2/2019 at 10:15 AM, wilsoncgp said:

He scored 14 in a full season of Pulis, I couldn't give much of a cack any more who he scored against. He had about 30 games worth of minutes on the pitch in a team that mostly had 1 striker chasing the ball over their head for full games and he still managed 14 goals.

You should care mate. If he only scores against the poor sides, and doesn't do anything of note against the top 8, then we are basically accepting mediocrity.

He WILL always score enough goals to be perceived as a top scorer. The reality though is he has only ever finished in the top 10 championship scorers once, he was 7th. That's regardless of team, style, manager. How can you be a top striker yet only vaguely trouble the leagues top scorers once in 5 seasons?

He is a flop for 15mill and 30k/week because you spend that money to influence the big games, not to score a brace against Burton, a tap in vs Millwall and a penna vs Barnsley. By keeping him, we are pouring good money after bad. Cut our loses and sell him to someone daft enough to buy in January.

The other element to be aware of is that, his modest goals return is often a very high % of his teams overall goals. That is because he is a very selfish forward, as his meagre assist figure attest. Replace with someone with stronger tactical and technical ability.

2 hours ago, BoroMart said:

You should care mate. If he only scores against the poor sides, and doesn't do anything of note against the top 8, then we are basically accepting mediocrity.

He WILL always score enough goals to be perceived as a top scorer. The reality though is he has only ever finished in the top 10 championship scorers once, he was 7th. That's regardless of team, style, manager. How can you be a top striker yet only vaguely trouble the leagues top scorers once in 5 seasons?

He is a flop for 15mill and 30k/week because you spend that money to influence the big games, not to score a brace against Burton, a tap in vs Millwall and a penna vs Barnsley. By keeping him, we are pouring good money after bad. Cut our loses and sell him to someone daft enough to buy in January.

The other element to be aware of is that, his modest goals return is often a very high % of his teams overall goals. That is because he is a very selfish forward, as his meagre assist figure attest. Replace with someone with stronger tactical and technical ability.

How many flops score 14 goals in a Pulis team. Talk about an overstatement, Jesus wept.

I don't care ultimately who scores the goals so long as the team is capable of scoring the goals. If he bangs then in against weaker sides and other players score against the big sides, who ultimately gives a cack? Not that we are in any place either last season or this season to be doing that but I firmly ain't placing the blame entirely on him for that.

Add to the fact I've seen genuine improvement from him this season in both his decision making and definitely his hold up play, if he can continue with that and get back on the goal trail, as I said, I don't really care who he scores against.

And let's say your wishes are granted. How do we replace him? Do you trust us to get someone better in? Or as good as? Or even mildly far off from what he is right now? I'm of little doubt at the moment he'll be gone in January personally anyway from the need to further balance out the wage bill and the lack of a promotion push but I've no confidence at all in us signing a striker even half as good with whatever money we get from him that goes into the kitty. Some of you would happily throw the baby out with the bathwater when it comes to Britt simply because he's on a bad run. He genuinely can't win.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Comes off their defender and back to Britt, who pokes it in.

Yup, exactly what I thought. Defender actually might keep it out without Britt's touch there. They all count, I'm sure he's happy with that. Might even let out a grin, God forbid.