oneBoro Forum

Assombalonga the main man

4 minutes ago, Brunners said:

The foul stopped him from being able to get a clean finish on it though, it pulled him off balance for just one extra step which allowed the defender in to close down. Unless you're asking him to genuinely lift a waist high ball that he's running onto with a defender close to him - which is a harder skill than you are describing it as.

I am asking him to lift it, there was no pace on the ball, it was begging for a simple lift over the keeper, even slightly off balance it's a simple finish and far better than letting the ball drop and trying to hit it through two players. Once he let it drop, the chance had gone.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't have a soft spot for him.  I wasn't convinced when we bought him unlike most on here and I rated Bamford as the better player as I also said repeatedly on the forum, preferring to keep him and

Yes, horribly, in my opinion!  He's not a complete footballer (which is why he's still a championship player) but I would argue we haven't had a goalscorer as good as him in a decade or so. 

Bamford is clearly the better of the 2 it’s not and never has been up for debate for me.

Posted Images

For me Britt really looks shot of confidence at the moment. That chance last night he had his shirt pulled but I felt there was a slight hesitation with him lining up the shot. I think an in form Britt gets a shot away there and probably scores. It's amazing how just a millisecond or an inch can be the difference between scoring and missing a chance. I thought there was effort there last night with Britt he just looks low on confidence at the moment.

On 10/24/2019 at 2:05 PM, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

For me Britt really looks shot of confidence at the moment. That chance last night he had his shirt pulled but I felt there was a slight hesitation with him lining up the shot. I think an in form Britt gets a shot away there and probably scores. It's amazing how just a millisecond or an inch can be the difference between scoring and missing a chance. I thought there was effort there last night with Britt he just looks low on confidence at the moment.

Britt regularly goes through these spells of bemoaning his luck and looking short on confidence. I'd argue that in the 4 corner model, Britt lacks strengths in the psychological sector. He is also weak in Technical/Tactical. Better in the social and physical areas 1389634294_Screenshot2019-10-25at15_47_40.thumb.png.baa27426559b69d1e9db182c446cbfbd.png

8 hours ago, BoroMart said:

Britt regularly goes through these spells of bemoaning his luck and looking short on confidence. I'd argue that in the 4 corner model, Britt lacks strengths in the psychological sector. He is also weak in Technical/Tactical. Better in the social and physical areas 1389634294_Screenshot2019-10-25at15_47_40.thumb.png.baa27426559b69d1e9db182c446cbfbd.png

Love the shout out to the FA four corner model! What I think the problem with Britt and arguably all the strikers at Boro is fitting a certain type of system.

I'm not sure what type of striker I'd put him in. Hes not an out and out centre forward, hes not a target man, support striker or a false 9. His finishing is bad for his price tag but he just doesnt seem comfortable since hes been at Boro. Much like the majority of our strikers tbf. 

I do agree that he does appear to be in a rut and he hasnt seemed to be looking sharp and dangerous in any game of note recently. Is that with him? The system? Or the team in general?

• Like 1

His dummy is well n truly out 

Never been the same since his alleged Palace interest and this wage cut fiasco has only compounded an already garbage non goal scoring situation 

My take for what its worth is he has started believing his own hype and believes he is actually a quality striker but facts are facts and form stats dont lie (but the table does apparentely 😁)

Too many easy chances missed and all the signs tell me the changing room is not a united place to be at the moment 

Hope i  wrong 

7 hours ago, pokeyjoe said:

Never been the same since his alleged Palace interest and this wage cut fiasco has only compounded an already garbage non goal scoring situation 

My take for what its worth is he has started believing his own hype and believes he is actually a quality striker but facts are facts and form stats dont lie (but the table does apparentely 😁)

Too many easy chances missed and all the signs tell me the changing room is not a united place to be at the moment 

Hope i  wrong 

No, you're not wrong. You've basically got it in a nutshell regarding Assombalonga. The more Woodgate picks him the further it alienates our other strikers, too.

16 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

He doesn't want to be here. Hopefully we can get rid in January and not make too much of a loss on him.

We’re going to take a massive loss and unless it’s a Prem team coming in for him we might even have to subsidize his massive wages. First of all I can’t really see a team being interested and if there is a desperate team out there I can’t see anyone bidding over 7 million. Might even be around the 5 million mark. Very poor all round player and no way a Prem player. 

He wanted to go to Crystal Palace, there's no way he'll get a move even to a bottom half prem team. He'd be lucky to get interest from a top half championship team to be honest. Short of tearing up his contract we're pretty much stuck with him.

14 hours ago, pokeyjoe said:

Hope i  wrong 

He hasn't spat his dummy out particularly, he just isn't very good. Of course the changing room is disunited, I suspect a faction of the players think Woody isn't up to it and want him replaced.

6 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

No, you're not wrong. You've basically got it in a nutshell regarding Assombalonga. The more Woodgate picks him the further it alienates our other strikers, too.

what other strikers 😂