oneBoro Forum

Assombalonga the main man

2 hours ago, BoroMart said:

what other strikers 😂

I did wonder this myself 🙂  Fletcher who plays most of the time or Gestede who is injured most of the time?  It'd be a toss up who has missed the easiest chances this season between Assombalonga and Fletcher anyway.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't have a soft spot for him.  I wasn't convinced when we bought him unlike most on here and I rated Bamford as the better player as I also said repeatedly on the forum, preferring to keep him and

Yes, horribly, in my opinion!  He's not a complete footballer (which is why he's still a championship player) but I would argue we haven't had a goalscorer as good as him in a decade or so. 

Bamford is clearly the better of the 2 it’s not and never has been up for debate for me.

Posted Images

4 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Give him credit where it's due, otherwise you're just being an ass for the sake of it.

I did give him credit in the matchday thread. He's still not worth anywhere near what we paid for him and has massively underperformed this season still.

12 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Let's not start sucking him off just because he scored a brace today, he's still a donkey who misses really easy chances more often than not.

*looks for anyone ‘sucking him off’*

Cant see anybody doing that mate.

16 minutes ago, Will said:

*looks for anyone ‘sucking him off’*

Cant see anybody doing that mate.

Plenty of people have defended him in this thread and will no doubt continue to do so. He's still been a waste of money in my eyes and unless he somehow gets 20 goals this season that's not going to change.

2 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Plenty of people have defended him in this thread and will no doubt continue to do so. He's still been a waste of money in my eyes and unless he somehow gets 20 goals this season that's not going to change.

But you specifically posted that after a match he’d done well in despite nobody commenting otherwise after the game. It’s almost like you have some kind of agenda 🤔

3 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I've defended him when he's been good or alright, I've also said when he's been ***. Defending him one minute doesn't mean he gets an automatic defence from everything he does, which is surely the only problem you should have. I think, like Will alluded to, you just wanted to make sure nobody forgot how much people don't like him, which is a bit of a *** thing to do after he's just scored twice and seemingly had a good game all round. 

• Like 2

First chance I've had to post since Sat. Good performance from him (I'm always fair). If he was this clinical and confident every week I would be a big fan.  But the reality is that you get 3 of these performances a season and turning up once in 6 matches isn't enough. I hope he goes on a little run, because he does offer danger within 12 yards of the goal and has enough to get us out of a relegation spot. But I also still want him to be sold and replaced with a more rounded striker.

First goal but lucky with the finish but good aggressive run, that is probably his key strength. Second was the kind of finish which has been lacking from him, he just tries to drive it through the keeper too often, this is the first time I can remember him dinking it over an onrushing GK, so great finish.

Perhaps I'm being too cynical, but...

...could it be Britt's upping his work rate and effort as the transfer window approaches? Not suggesting he's been deliberately missing in previous matches, but I strongly suspect he wants to leave in January. He might be making more of an effort to be a handful and put himself in good positions to score, knowing that goalscorers won't be in demand if they're not demonstrably putting in the effort or hitting the onion bag periodically.