oneBoro Forum

Assombalonga the main man

24 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

Perhaps I'm being too cynical, but...

...could it be Britt's upping his work rate and effort as the transfer window approaches? Not suggesting he's been deliberately missing in previous matches, but I strongly suspect he wants to leave in January. He might be making more of an effort to be a handful and put himself in good positions to score, knowing that goalscorers won't be in demand if they're not demonstrably putting in the effort or hitting the onion bag periodically.

Let's hope so. It'll help all parties.

• Like 1
  • Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't have a soft spot for him.  I wasn't convinced when we bought him unlike most on here and I rated Bamford as the better player as I also said repeatedly on the forum, preferring to keep him and

Yes, horribly, in my opinion!  He's not a complete footballer (which is why he's still a championship player) but I would argue we haven't had a goalscorer as good as him in a decade or so. 

Bamford is clearly the better of the 2 it’s not and never has been up for debate for me.

Posted Images

As a good striker.. He should get at least half of the rest of the teams tally .. 

If he was consistent, surely he was world class .. But I have lost faith in him.. 

I expect him to not score more than 2 in the coming 7 games .. Hopes he proves me wrong

2 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

As a good striker.. He should get at least half of the rest of the teams tally .. 

If he was consistent, surely he was world class .. But I have lost faith in him.. 

I expect him to not score more than 2 in the coming 7 games .. Hopes he proves me wrong

If he was world class he wouldn't be a Boro player.

4 hours ago, RiseAgainst said:

Perhaps I'm being too cynical, but...

...could it be Britt's upping his work rate and effort as the transfer window approaches? Not suggesting he's been deliberately missing in previous matches, but I strongly suspect he wants to leave in January. He might be making more of an effort to be a handful and put himself in good positions to score, knowing that goalscorers won't be in demand if they're not demonstrably putting in the effort or hitting the onion bag periodically.

No you're not being cynical at all, I suspect that's exactly what he's doing.

If it means we get more for him in January then I don't mind.

His work rate has been fine.  His finishing hasn't been.  On the weekend he took his chances well, I don't see any more to it than that unless people honestly believe he's missed good chances on purpose and he's suddenly decided it would be better for his career if he didn't?

Just now, Changing Times said:

His work rate has been fine.  His finishing hasn't been.  On the weekend he took his chances well, I don't see any more to it than that unless people honestly believe he's missed good chances on purpose and he's suddenly decided it would be better for his career if he didn't?

Apparently his attitude in training is awful.

1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

What does that have to do with him missing decent chances in games though?  His effort in games is there, whether people like it or not.  What hasn't been there this season, as much as we'd like, is his finishing ability.  I don't believe that's something that players can switch on and off at will.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Is his attitude in training awful like how Randolphs commitment is being questioned? You cant just make things up to suit your agenda everytime you know, people will start to see through it.

1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

Is his attitude in training awful like how Randolphs commitment is being questioned? You cant just make things up to suit your agenda everytime you know, people will start to see through it.

Britt doesn't want to be here, he's not happy here, and he's hoping to be sold in January. Reports by the Gazette are PR spin.

2 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Britt doesn't want to be here, he's not happy here, and he's hoping to be sold in January. Reports by the Gazette are PR spin.

Why do you continue to say things as fact? You've clearly heard something but your source could be wrong. Or your sources source. So they might have an agenda themselves. You and your brother were shown up a bit at the weekend with Randolph coming back in, so youd think youd pull back on this stuff a little bit or at least phrase it in a non factual way.

3 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Why do you continue to say things as fact? You've clearly heard something but your source could be wrong. Or your sources source. So they might have an agenda themselves. You and your brother were shown up a bit at the weekend with Randolph coming back in, so youd think youd pull back on this stuff a little bit or at least phrase it in a non factual way.

Everything I said regarding Randolph was just my own opinion, I never presented anything as fact. I know that Britt has been unhappy here since Pulis tried to sell him but the move was blocked by Gibson last January. I very much doubt anything has changed in that regard and he's now delighted to be here.

4 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Everything I said regarding Randolph was just my own opinion, I never presented anything as fact. I know that Britt has been unhappy here since Pulis tried to sell him but the move was blocked by Gibson last January. I very much doubt anything has changed in that regard and he's now delighted to be here.

Amazing really, considering Pulis was only here to 'balance the books' 😏

Gibson might have made some mistakes but even he wasn't daft enough to sell Assombalonga and replace him with Gary Madine.

17 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Amazing really, considering Pulis was only here to 'balance the books' 😏

Gibson might have made some mistakes but even he wasn't daft enough to sell Assombalonga and replace him with Gary Madine.

Why do you find it so hard to believe that Pulis tried his best to push Britt out of the door?