• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't have a soft spot for him.  I wasn't convinced when we bought him unlike most on here and I rated Bamford as the better player as I also said repeatedly on the forum, preferring to keep him and

Yes, horribly, in my opinion!  He's not a complete footballer (which is why he's still a championship player) but I would argue we haven't had a goalscorer as good as him in a decade or so. 

Bamford is clearly the better of the 2 it’s not and never has been up for debate for me.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

Why do you continue to say things as fact? You've clearly heard something but your source could be wrong. Or your sources source. So they might have an agenda themselves. You and your brother were shown up a bit at the weekend with Randolph coming back in, so youd think youd pull back on this stuff a little bit or at least phrase it in a non factual way.

I don't see how we were shown up? Ever thought for a second that he might of played because his commitment was questioned and he wanted to prove that he was committed? 

For the record, I don't have a clue if Britt wants to leave in January.

Please don't assume because my brother posts something that I have provided information because I certainly haven't.

I will only ever post information I have received. It's up to you guys if you want to believe it or not.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Assombalonga - 6 goals.

Everyone else in our squad put together - 6 goals.

I do hope we hurry up and sell him 🤔🙃

part of the reason others have only scored 6 is because he makes selfish runs, rather than create space for others, he loses possession in the last third, which means others cannot get high up the pitch and join him, and he rarely passes and isn't creative.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Britt doesn't want to be here, he's not happy here, and he's hoping to be sold in January. Reports by the Gazette are PR spin.

This is still just as untrue as when you were peddling it over a year ago x

12 hours ago, diggerlad07 said:

For the record, I don't have a clue if Britt wants to leave in January.

Please don't assume because my brother posts something that I have provided information because I certainly haven't.

Incredible.

So you have been bullshitting about Britt wanting to leave all along @Denzel Zanzibar 😂😂

3 minutes ago, Will said:

Incredible.

So you have been bullshitting about Britt wanting to leave all along @Denzel Zanzibar 😂😂

That's not what my brother said. You just like causing trouble dont you Will? Does it make you feel good about yourself shitstirring all the time?

When I was told Britt wanted to leave under Pulis, that was true. I was told by another source other than my brother. Like him, I have no idea if he still wants to leave but I would assume that would be the case. Perhaps I shouldnt have presented that as fact though.

5 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

That's not what my brother said. You just like causing trouble dont you Will? Does it make you feel good about yourself shitstirring all the time?

When I was told Britt wanted to leave under Pulis, that was true. I was told by another source other than my brother. Like him, I have no idea if he still wants to leave but I would assume that would be the case. Perhaps I shouldnt have presented that as fact though.

I don't like people bullshitting, which is what you've been doing about Britt for over a year. You even said on the previous page that it was Pulis who wanted rid of Britt, not the other way round. At least it's now clear to everyone that you like to embellish things that you're told.

• Like 2

I assume Pullis would have wanted to sell Britt in the hope he could keep Bamford, and when that didn't work out he had to sell the player the offer was in for. He talks on the Podcast very highly of Bamford so he must have certainly preferred him at the time. 

As for Britt today, IMO I wouldn't say there is anything to suggest he is 100% wanting away, he is trying but missing chances. On the video of the players arriving at QPR he is the only one to be shown to stop and sign a few autographs/take pictures. It's good to see he still wants to engage with the fans whatever is happening behind the scenes. 

12 hours ago, BoroMart said:

part of the reason others have only scored 6 is because he makes selfish runs, rather than create space for others, he loses possession in the last third, which means others cannot get high up the pitch and join him, and he rarely passes and isn't creative.

I think you are being a little unfair here mate.  I can get with the Assombalonga isn't finishing well enough this season and all of that but some of that is just wrong.  He makes runs that any striker of his type makes and half the time doesn't get the ball because we don't have any players with a creative thought between them.  He does lose possession in the last third, the same as every other striker in the world, so what are you saying that he should somehow be different?  Statistically speaking, he has 2.7 unsuccessful touches per game and he's dispossessed 2.1 times per game.  Neither of those are even in the top 10 in the Championship and that's just looking at attackers.  Mitrovic, who I think most people would see as a superior all round player, is worse in both stats for example.   His key passes per game is comparable to the likes of Bamford, Hugill, Lyle Taylor and Puscas, which is a very different group of players but I suspect people many would prefer to see them here instead of Assombalonga.  The rest of our players being poor in front of goal can't be laid at Assombalonga's feet albeit I can accept the idea that we could use a different type of striker to try and bring them into the game more - I'm just not sure how much difference it will make with this group of midfielders etc.

Edited by Changing Times
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, FamilyBoro said:

I assume Pullis would have wanted to sell Britt in the hope he could keep Bamford, and when that didn't work out he had to sell the player the offer was in for. He talks on the Podcast very highly of Bamford so he must have certainly preferred him at the time. 

No, mate, this was last January after Bamford had already left the club so we'd have sold both of them.

My personal take is that Assombalonga is quite lazy and indifferent much of the time, and acts as if he doesn't want to be here. I don't think he's nearly as good as other strikers we've let go in recent years, and I'd sell him in January for the first decent offer we receive.

That said, I think Britt would be much more prolific with a Ramirez figure behind him, or playing in a front two with someone who has different strengths. Fletcher doesn't seem to work well in a two, and Gestede doesn't seem to work at all, so Britt has to effectively work alone. And I don't think that plays to his strengths.

If we only rely on Brits 15 / 16 goals a season then we are certainly going to deep in poo. I don’t think Brit is the major problem but being our soul striker and no other reliable contributors is a major concern and I also believe people are mistaken his personality for a lazy attitude. I am just getting a bit fed up with people laying the blame with Britt as if changing him would solve our problems. 

• Like 1

Wanting to sell Britt because he's not good enough is another example of potentially throwing the baby out with the bathwater. No, he's not worth £15m, were any of our summer signings that year worth the money we paid? We put a 'smash the league' premium on them all, after all. But in a low-scoring team, he's still by some margin the top scorer, same last season. Given the position we are in the league, having someone who's pretty much guaranteed 12-14 goals a season is not something to be balked at.

If we're talking about being cost-effective then sure, Britt doesn't fit the bill entirely, he has the wage of a 20+-goal a season striker in a team expecting promotion, his output and our output as a team doesn't match that. But the question I have to ask is if you're being reasonable and we sell him, how do we not just replace those 12-14 goals but also add to them with any money made available from selling him? I fully expect us to be open to, if not pushing to selling him but where does the money go? How do we end up in a better position by selling him? It can't be simply 'sell him as he's not good enough', there has to be a plan behind it or we're just making ourselves weaker for the sake of getting rid of his wages.

Just remember what selling Bamford did to our team's goal output. If you sell a striker who scores goals, however many, if you don't replace those goals you are absolutely worse off.