oneBoro Forum

Assombalonga the main man

4 minutes ago, Brunners said:

The pulis comments aren't daft.

In a pulis team britt is lucky to get one good chance a game and no striker scores every 1 on 1 or good chance they're given, so is it a surprise he misses more than he scores? Not really.

Add on to that he will have the fact that if he misses pulis will almost certainly throw him under the bus post game floating around the back of his head, that isn't going to help his confidence.

I'm with wilson on this one, I'm not saying we didn't overpay or he is worth his salary. What I am saying is he is far better in this division than people give him credit for when you look at his circumstances.

Also that is not taking into account games played, don't think he had anywhere close to a full season while scoring 14/15 goals a term at Forest and at Boro as you say he had Pulis managing him, which will definitely hinder results

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't have a soft spot for him.  I wasn't convinced when we bought him unlike most on here and I rated Bamford as the better player as I also said repeatedly on the forum, preferring to keep him and

Yes, horribly, in my opinion!  He's not a complete footballer (which is why he's still a championship player) but I would argue we haven't had a goalscorer as good as him in a decade or so. 

Bamford is clearly the better of the 2 it’s not and never has been up for debate for me.

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Brunners said:

The pulis comments aren't daft.

In a pulis team britt is lucky to get one good chance a game and no striker scores every 1 on 1 or good chance they're given, so is it a surprise he misses more than he scores? Not really.

Add on to that he will have the fact that if he misses pulis will almost certainly throw him under the bus post game floating around the back of his head, that isn't going to help his confidence.

I'm with wilson on this one, I'm not saying we didn't overpay or he is worth his salary. What I am saying is he is far better in this division than people give him credit for when you look at his circumstances.

when he finally scores 20 league goals in a season, rather than needing excuses why he has failed to do so, then, I will accept him as one of the best strikers. So far 6 goes at it and failed to break 15

another game without Britt another fluid attacking performance.

with Britt 17 goals in 19 games; W4, D7, L8 = 19 PTS or 1 point a game

without Britt 9 goals in 7 games; W4, D2, L1 - 14PTS or 2 points a game

We are far better without Britt, Gestede actually has a better championship goal per minute record and is far better at holding the ball up and creating for others. Britt a goal every 181mins, Gestede every 170mins, 

Edited by BoroMart

i really don't get people who are putting down our good run down to Britts absence? Do people really think it is simple as our most clinical striker in recent seasons being the reason for the upturn in form? Does this also mean likes of Randolph and Paddy McNair etc are also a hindrance to the team given they been missing during this run?

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

i really don't get people who are putting down our good run down to Britts absence? Do people really think it is simple as our most clinical striker in recent seasons being the reason for the upturn in form? Does this also mean likes of Randolph and Paddy McNair etc are also a hindrance to the team given they been missing during this run?

Clinical?

coffee lol GIF

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

It's pretty simple, the guy is poor without the ball, and for a team with 46% average possession that is a significant part of the game. When we do have possession he can score goals, but contributes little else. So he needs to score a lot of goals to make up for it. If he was a 20-25 goal striker, you would have a point, but he is nowhere near that. He also takes opportunities away from other players by making selfish runs, rarely dropping deep to create space in behind, rarely taking defenders away to create opportunities, rarely playing through balls for others. He is a limited old fashioned type of player.

McNair has played a lot of games and played well but he isn't indispensable. 

As for Randolph, he's a better keeper than Pears at the moment, but Pears has less pressure on him, because we are a better, more organised side without Britt.

• Like 1

Each to their own but I am more than happy for Britt to be involved. He scores goals. i accept he is wasteful but if he buried most chances that came his way he would not be playing for us or in the championship for that matter. Every single championship player will have bad aspects to his game, its why they are playing in the second tier. Britt is no different.

The hard fact remains his goals record for us shows he has been the best striker at this club for couple of seasons now.

5 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Each to their own but I am more than happy for Britt to be involved. He scores goals. i accept he is wasteful but if he buried most chances that came his way he would not be playing for us or in the championship for that matter. Every single championship player will have bad aspects to his game, its why they are playing in the second tier. Britt is no different.

The hard fact remains his goals record for us shows he has been the best striker at this club for couple of seasons now.

to get out of the championship you need your key players to be better than average, he isn't, he has only ever been a top 10 striker at this level once, he's good enough for a midtable team, but limits beyond that.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, BoroMart said:

to get out of the championship you need your key players to be better than average, he isn't, he has only ever been a top 10 striker at this level once, he's good enough for a midtable team, but limits beyond that.

Well if he only good enough for a mid-table team then i think for the foreseeable future he is absolutely fine for us.

He is in the position where he knows that the next deal will not match this on and will in all likelihood be touted around in the summer as after that he could just aim to leave on free and cash in.....he may score 12-15 every season, but his assist stats are abysmal and I would rather see a player who scores 10 and assists 10 than score 15 and assists 1...I can see both sides of argument, he has the knack of being in the right place and that is something hard to find, but he invariably seems to fade after half time, tackles weakly for someone with his build and is at the time of his career, where there is going to be little more scope for improvement....it is in the clubs best interest to try and get as much as we can for him...especially if it means we can offer Ayala a few quid more 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Another game without Britt, another "see, he's ***" post. We are literally at the point where we're berating him whilst he's not in the team, he can't win. I wish him well if indeed he leaves very shortly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think he would shine in a team like Sheff Wed with a big target man, but his strengths don't really fit with the way Woody seems to want to go...whatever transpires, good luck to the lad as he seems to be a genuinely nice fella 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, TLF10 said:

Well if he only good enough for a mid-table team then i think for the foreseeable future he is absolutely fine for us.

the problem with that is that he is on near premier league wages for a midtable striker, so nope, he isn't

1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

Another game without Britt, another "see, he's ***" post. We are literally at the point where we're berating him whilst he's not in the team, he can't win. I wish him well if indeed he leaves very shortly.

The point is, we are playing much better without him, it's completely fair to compare with and without him.