oneBoro Forum

Assombalonga the main man

That'll be the season when he couldn't hold a first team shirt in a relegation threatened Forest? It was his failure in front of goal that got Forest in that mess, he went 4 goals in 22 games. 4 goals as a CF in half a season. He saved them after going missing for 6 months

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't have a soft spot for him.  I wasn't convinced when we bought him unlike most on here and I rated Bamford as the better player as I also said repeatedly on the forum, preferring to keep him and

Yes, horribly, in my opinion!  He's not a complete footballer (which is why he's still a championship player) but I would argue we haven't had a goalscorer as good as him in a decade or so. 

Bamford is clearly the better of the 2 it’s not and never has been up for debate for me.

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, BoroMart said:

twice as good? haha, deluded mate. Britts limitations mean that he is barely twice as good as me and 50 is on the horizon. He'll be at Doncaster/Rotherham/Barnsley within 2-3 years

- claims he doesn’t hate Britt

- says moronic *** like this

10 minutes ago, BoroMart said:

That'll be the season when he couldn't hold a first team shirt in a relegation threatened Forest? It was his failure in front of goal that got Forest in that mess, he went 4 goals in 22 games. 4 goals as a CF in half a season. He saved them after going missing for 6 months

Little thing called injuries are why he couldn't hold a shirt.

He missed a quarter of the season.

His worst playing run was 7 games without a goal, and it's hardly a shock that a relegation threatened team struggles to score.

32 games, 14 goals. If you think that's going missing then it's laughable that you're claiming you have no issue with him.

10 minutes ago, Will said:

- claims he doesn’t hate Britt

- says moronic *** like this

why on earth would I hate him, I don't even hate Mido. The guys just not a very good footballer, it's why a prem side has never shown any interest

10 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Little thing called injuries are why he couldn't hold a shirt.

He missed a quarter of the season.

His worst playing run was 7 games without a goal, and it's hardly a shock that a relegation threatened team struggles to score.

32 games, 14 goals. If you think that's going missing then it's laughable that you're claiming you have no issue with him.

Oh he definitely had injuries, but he was dropped also. They scored 62 goals, they scored plenty, that was him in an attacking team, they benched him and dropped him because he was hot (against the rubbish teams)  and cold.

so I take it you all can't wait for him back in the side, lounging around waiting for a tap in but offering nothing else? Fletcher is a better all round CF and if fit should hold his place. I guarantee in 12 months, you will all have changed your mind.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, BoroMart said:

why on earth would I hate him, I don't even hate Mido. The guys just not a very good footballer, it's why a prem side has never shown any interest

This is categorically untrue. 

• Haha 1
Just now, BoroMart said:

sure Will, what are his strengths?.....

Wrong bit. Premier League teams have shown serious interest in him before he came here and since he’s been here.

1 minute ago, Will said:

Wrong bit. Premier League teams have shown serious interest in him before he came here and since he’s been here.

paper talk, no one has put a bid in for him at any point. Still if you rate him, tell me his strengths....

2 minutes ago, BoroMart said:

paper talk, no one has put a bid in for him at any point. 

Ok, whatever you say.

3 minutes ago, BoroMart said:

Still if you rate him, tell me his strengths....

Running in behind, finishing, running the channels and stretching defences. He’s a Physically strong player. He has a good connection with Fletcher.

2 minutes ago, Will said:

Ok, whatever you say.

Running in behind, finishing, running the channels and stretching defences. He’s a Physically strong player. He has a good connection with Fletcher.

running in behind - agreed

finishing - not a chance, goes for power most times, shoots front post too often. I'll give you finishing with his head though

running channels - he is average at this as he rarely holds the ball or turns and beats a man. As a defender I would be very happy if Britt is running out wide because he is zero danger out there

stretching defences - nope, he isn't particularly quick, he doesn't stretch defences at all

Physically strong - average, because he's too bulky and gases, then he's weak

good connection with fletcher - hmmm

So basically if you can get the opponents to keep a high line, so that he can run in, and he has his occasional shooting boots on, then he might score....and that's it?!

When does he score from outside box, or thread a through ball, or even beat a man?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BoroMart said:

When does he score from outside box, or thread a through ball, or even beat a man?

Sounds like what people used to say about Ruud van Nistelrooy when they were trying to prove he wasn't very good.

45 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Boromart for someone who doesn't hate britt you sure display all the signs of someone who hates britt.

Respectfully disagree. There are some good and measured arguments being put forward in this thread by both sides. Personally I'd keep Britt if we can, but I do think his goalscoring record hides many limitations in his game which supposedly inferior strikers don't suffer from to the same extent.

• Like 2