oneBoro Forum

Assombalonga the main man

7 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

I'm playing devil's advocate here because I also think Britt is frequently lazy, quite selfish and far from a team player. However, a striker's main function is to score, and Britt's track record of doing that is beyond reproach, season after season. It's impossible to overlook his pedigree as a scorer of goals.

(I'd still accept the first half-decent offer we receive for him, though, and I do acknowledge the team as a whole is stronger in his absence).

Of course mate, it’s all about opinions. It’ll sound like I have a vendetta against him if I go on any further, so I’ll leave it at that 😂

• Like 1
  • Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't have a soft spot for him.  I wasn't convinced when we bought him unlike most on here and I rated Bamford as the better player as I also said repeatedly on the forum, preferring to keep him and

Yes, horribly, in my opinion!  He's not a complete footballer (which is why he's still a championship player) but I would argue we haven't had a goalscorer as good as him in a decade or so. 

Bamford is clearly the better of the 2 it’s not and never has been up for debate for me.

Posted Images

5 hours ago, BoroBoy1989 said:

Assombalonga has never been good enough; what exactly are the mans strengths? He’s not fast, can’t beat a man (yet try’s to on almost every occasion he has the ball, losing possession nine times out of ten) and he can’t hold it up either.

Really happy Fletcher has found some consistent form and, as I said the other day, if we get a decent bid in for Assombalonga I’d take it all day long. 

Another good one-on-one finish from Fletcher today, 4 goals in 7 games as CF, he is without doubt our first choice CF right now and I wouldn't be surprised to see him finish the season with 14-16 league goals if he stays fit. We are creating chances and he looks confident in his proper role.

• Like 2
On 1/5/2020 at 11:01 PM, BoroBoy1989 said:

Of course mate, it’s all about opinions. It’ll sound like I have a vendetta against him if I go on any further, so I’ll leave it at that 😂

Know what you mean,some are under the impression this applies to Clayton and my opinion of him. Far from the truth I adore our Adam (well the last few games anyway)☺️

@SmogDane @Will I was anatomically incorrect, it's not his butt, it's close though, it's his hamstring that they used inside his knee! https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/football/1084816/nottingham-forest-star-britt-assombalonga-reveals-the-agony-of-a-broken-kneecap-and-the-details-of-his-brave-recovery/

Edited by BoroMart
  • Like 2