Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
Blanco

Assombalonga the main man

Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, BelgianBoro said:

I really hope Britt doesn't read this thread ? 

 

If he just reads the thread title he'll be grand ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok granted this takes a lot of information out of the equation such as team dynamics, league etc. but I've wasted a bit of time putting together some stats from 2015/2016 season to current day: 

Just how influential the team change can be on the players stats, Bamford for e.g. is now averaging 3.6 shots per game for Leeds compared to ~1.8 for us. 

 

Capture.JPG

 

(Source - www.whoscored.com) 

In my opinion this shows that they are all similar Championship strikers in terms of basic stats who very likely are all equally suitable for this level only just have different attributes, suit different styles of play and obv different costs etc. I could make an argument why I would want and not want each of them. 

Edited by FamilyBoro
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, FamilyBoro said:

Ok granted this takes a lot of information out of the equation such as team dynamics, league etc. but I've wasted a bit of time putting together some stats from 2015/2016 season to current day: 

Just how influential the team change can be on the players stats, Bamford for e.g. is now averaging 3.6 shots per game for Leeds compared to ~1.8 for us. 

 

Capture.JPG

 

(Source - www.whoscored.com) 

In my opinion this shows that they are all similar Championship strikers in terms of basic stats who very likely are all equally suitable for this level only just have different attributes, suit different styles of play and obv different costs etc. I could make an argument why I would want and not want each of them. 

Does that show they are the same?

Bamford played a lot on the wing, yet is still fairly comparable. Britt is way behind in assists, he has negligible assists. He is also below the others in Key passes, and more than twice as many offsides as Bamford (although that will be influenced by him playing on the wing), Brit again is poor in the bad controls per game also.

He is the best we have, but he is so limited and ineffective against the top sides, that he can't really justify his significant wages. He is also approaching his prime, and will have 1 year on his contract in next summer. I think whe will go then, and because he will have 15 goals we will probably get an ok fee for him, maybe 9 mill

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like your passion for your dislike of britt. Its commendable.

 

I disagree with it, but it's commendable.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Britt or Bamford. Bamford for me because I think he has better movement and awareness.  For me Britt is hit and miss especially in big games and needs to do better. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brunners said:

I like your passion for your dislike of britt. Its commendable.

 

I disagree with it, but it's commendable.

brunners, he is the best we have....but not good enough for what we want to achieve

Edited by BoroMart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, BoroMart said:

brunners, he is the best we have....but not good enough for what we want to achieve

I disagree he’s exactly what we need we just don’t give him what he needs ?‍♂️

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Uwe said:

I disagree he’s exactly what we need we just don’t give him what he needs ?‍♂️

He is very unlucky to never ever have been in a team that gives him what he needs.  ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Uwe said:

I disagree he’s exactly what we need we just don’t give him what he needs ?‍♂️

I suppose that is the crux of the matter. Do you build a team to feed your centre forward or build a team whose collective will produce more. Unfortunately at the minute we are neither. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BoroMart said:

He is very unlucky to never ever have been in a team that gives him what he needs.  ?

He's played for a bad Forest team and one of the worst offensively Boro teams I've ever seen. He's still scored 15 goals a season. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why? Because he missed two chances in a game when the entire team underperformed? Do you want to make him the scapegoat? Is that the answer, drop Britt and we will climb the table?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drop him to the bench, to tell him he needs to tap in sitters, not shoot with full force... Just tap it in

 

I can not stand that smirky grin, when he has missed a sitter either... It's arrogant... 

 

I love him when he scored and you can count on him... But he needs to get his head right... Just score the goal.. Don't try to make it look better than needed... Same goes with penalties, shoot flat and low.. Not blast it over 3 times in a row.. One time is bad luck, two times is baffling, but three *** times is arrogant, wanting it to be a beauty, instead of just scoring in a safer way! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...