• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't have a soft spot for him.  I wasn't convinced when we bought him unlike most on here and I rated Bamford as the better player as I also said repeatedly on the forum, preferring to keep him and

Yes, horribly, in my opinion!  He's not a complete footballer (which is why he's still a championship player) but I would argue we haven't had a goalscorer as good as him in a decade or so. 

Bamford is clearly the better of the 2 it’s not and never has been up for debate for me.

Posted Images

Did he actually have a chance on Saturday? I seem to recall him putting himself about and causing issues and apart from a couple of times needlessly pulling a defender to ground, his general play was alright.

6 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Did he actually have a chance on Saturday? I seem to recall him putting himself about and causing issues and apart from a couple of times needlessly pulling a defender to ground, his general play was alright.

He did. He had the shot that johnstone saved that resulted in saville looping that header and forcing another save.

Oh yeah, that was in the first half wasn't it, I remember now. I've not seen it back and was at the other end, could he have done better? It looked like he did the best he could with it from our angle.

Just watched it back, yeah, I don't think he could have done much better there to be honest. He's got very little time to think about it, it comes to him off Johnson's shot and bounces quite fortunately for him, he just has to try hitting it from there and hope for the best. He hits the target, keeper makes a good save.

11 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Oh yeah, that was in the first half wasn't it, I remember now. I've not seen it back and was at the other end, could he have done better? It looked like he did the best he could with it from our angle.

To me it looked like a chance that a 15 million £ striker should have scored from. 

• Like 1
Just now, SmogDane said:

To me it looked like a chance that a 15 million £ striker should have scored from. 

Really? Split second decision, keeper in a good position, think quite a lot of good strikers would have struggled from there.

That's great but it completely ignores the context of how he received the ball and how little time he has to think about it. It's not like he's running onto the ball and can pick his spot, he's completely unaware of where the keeper is, he's purely focused on the ball and instinctively hitting it as sweet as he can from there towards the goal. Not to mention the keeper makes a very good save. If that was Randolph, people would be lapping it up.

1 hour ago, Will said:

I can see the grin on his face from here, the swine!

Oh there you are .. I was wondering where you had been, cause I have been missing your top notch sarcastic comments ❤️