oneBoro Forum

local info for your trip to Bristol next saturday

I know its a long way to come,being on the telly does not help.
Why not stay the weekend and use the Easy jet flights which is cheaper than the train
Please buy your tickets in advance as there will be
NO PAY ON THE DAY and this will NOT be changed
Coming by road.
Bristol grinds to a halt in the summer time so set out early
Do NOT USE M4/M32 route and don't try to negotiate the roads and streets of Bristol
YOU WILL GET LOST
If you are coming by road use M4/M5 southbound to junction 18(Avonmouth) then follow signs A4 Bristol airport
It looks the long way round but its quicker.
Parking is normally in the streets around the area as long as you are there by 1pm please don't block drive ways or park on corners.
If you are coming by train there is a local train service to PARSON STREET from Bristol Temple Meads
Train at 10:26 and 11:26
Good train times as most trains from the North or from the London direction arrive at quarter past the hour
it takes you two thirds of the way to the ground and walk the rest of the way
You will pass Sainsburys on the left with restaurant,Robins pub again on your left hand side
When you approach the ground I suggest you walk past wickes using the pavement
as the concourse area behind the big new stand gets very congested with bodies
Please make sure you get your train ticket showing PARSON STREET
We are trying to promote PARSON STREET for football fans till Ashton gate halt comes on line.
Split train tickets are available to Bristol from the London area.
Group save tickets are available(one third off) on GWR trains but not cross country trains
If there are at least three of you arriving by train get a taxi
Make sure the taxi driver drops you in the Ashton Road end as it a very long walk round from the other end

Casualty and Holby City were filmed in the City don't ask me about either of the programmes cos I think their both rubbish
The young ones was also filmed in the BS7 area of the City(actually its Bishopston)
Finally the block of flats on the left behind the dolman stand side as you are in the away end is "the" block of flats in "fools and horses"
Bring your camera and turn up early if you want to take any photo's
Pubs possibly best one are in the cumberland road basin area novia scotia pump house and the cottage.
Buy your match day programme before you enter the away end.
BBC Radio station is radio Bristol which has frequencies and 94:9 and DAB (and 95:5 up till 3pm),
and the match commentary it will be on BBC radio Bristol DAB.
Pubs: best ones are along the Cumberland Roads area,suggest park your car and then walk to the ground.
Please circulate to any other football forums and footy fans you may deem fit
If you need any further info,don't be afraid to ask

• Like 4