oneBoro Forum

How confident are you in Woodgate after our start to the season?

How confident are you in Woodgate after our start to the season?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Are you....

• Fully confident - needs more time
    • So-So - early days yet
    • Bit worried - not the best start
    • Extremely worried - can't see scope for improvement

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/30/2019 at 10:48 AM

53 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I think you could quite fairly argue we should be significantly better off in the goals department.

Luton - penalty missed

Brentford - 2 perfectly good goals chalked off

Reading - another perfectly good goal chalked off

Millwall - 3 penalties not given by the ref.

In an ideal world we are 5-7 goals better off.

That's Bout 5-7 points aswell... Funny ?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Personally I think it's a bit daft to be worried about Woody any more or less than anyone was before his appointment. I don't think there's enough evidence to prove he's going to be a good or bad appo

It's not Woodgate I'm worried about and this is coming from someone who didn't want him. Its Gibson and the clowns around him that worry me, they've shafted Woodgate good and proper in the transfer wi

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

People can talk all day about chances missed, decisions not given, but all teams have their tales of woe with referees etc.

Maybe it's too early for Woodgate, but he's been dealt a bad hand - we're a really poor side, made some really poor transfers and have to tidy up Pulis' mess.

Who knows what is going on behind the scenes, if any players are revolting etc. Maybe we need some better coaches?

To be honest I am surprised that Gibbo never sacked him straight after last nights game. The guy is totally void of idea's of how to coach this team. He as no tactical awareness whatsoever. They are not performing for him at all . On the pitch they are like a bunch of misfits that have never played together before the game. All this is down to the coaching and preparation for each game.  I rest my case.

• Like 4

I think most of us knew circumstances dictated that the reason he was appointed was due to costs. Alternatives such as Jokanovic would cost more and the investment in the new players he would want to play expansive attacking football would be out of our reach. I, as always initially buy into any new regime to see what they are about. I was impressed with what he had to say and thought the apparent enthusiastic backroom team he put together could bring an energy to the squad. I never thought we had the players to play the way he said, but he stated he has seen the players in training last season and he thought there were goals in the team. There have been spells in games where things have looked good but we never seem capable of a 90 minute performance. Unlike most I could tolerate Pulis’s performances as results were ok. I was perplexed by Monks appointment and now I am feeling the same as I felt watching Monks team. Woodgate has decided that pragmatic football needs to return rather than trying to improve a pressing style he advocated so much. He obviously does not have a squad to play the way he wants and the recruitment team have let the club down badly for the past 3 seasons at least but you need to be brave when trying to implement something new. In turning his back on a more attractive style we are neither something or nothing and I think this is being reflected in our performances. I initially thought a mid table position would be a successful season for us. After the first 8 or 9 games we would end up maybe 16th. The last 2 games have convinced me we will be fortunate not to go down. Being a fan for over 40 years means I can accept Boro in any division. To me it is not about status. What I cannot accept though are performances like the last 2, by players on eye watering amounts of money and a manager who in his first 3 months in the role is willing to tear up a philosophy at the first sign of difficulty. 

• Like 3

A bit of a conspiracy theory but I've noticed a lot of very critical articles from the Gazette towards Woodgate in the last 24 hours. Just saw an article questioning whether we need to press the panic button. 

Is this a sign that there's maybe doubts about Woodgate amongst the senior management at the club? The Gazette are rarely critical unless they know things are not right behind the scenes. I'd even go as far as saying they'll pretty much print any narrative that the club want to create, that seemed to be the case in the summer. 

I wonder what's changed, or maybe the journalists have just found a bit of backbone for once. 

1 hour ago, Duvel said:

A bit of a conspiracy theory but I've noticed a lot of very critical articles from the Gazette towards Woodgate in the last 24 hours. Just saw an article questioning whether we need to press the panic button. 

Is this a sign that there's maybe doubts about Woodgate amongst the senior management at the club? The Gazette are rarely critical unless they know things are not right behind the scenes. I'd even go as far as saying they'll pretty much print any narrative that the club want to create, that seemed to be the case in the summer. 

I wonder what's changed, or maybe the journalists have just found a bit of backbone for once. 

If they had backbone then the articles would be about Gibson, not Woodgate.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

If they had backbone then the articles would be about Gibson, not Woodgate.

Yeah fair enough but all know that will never happen. 

2 hours ago, Duvel said:

‘Doubts’ lol, you can imagine them only now being like ‘hmmm we played bad today, I’ll give him 6 months to turn this around’.