oneBoro Forum

Boro v Bristol City (A) 2-2 (Moore (og) Assombalonga)

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all and welcome to the first audio match day thread of the season. Please see the attached mp3 file for the opening post (as long as it works...)   ttsMP3.com_VoiceText_2019-8-26_12_

???

Harsh to be losing but you can't give away free headers like that, poor, poor defending. Really enjoyed a lot of our play today, think pretty much everyone going forward has been great.

Posted Images

The volume of replies so far does not support the So so early days yet poll because I expected a bigger spread across a win, drawn, loose prediction. The consensus of allowing ten games was a yard stick to measure our performance so would fans give Woody longer than previous managers. 

1 hour ago, Mr_Maz said:

anything better than a 3-0 defeat would be a bonus for this game

Last time I went to This fixture It rained stair rods all day, An we lost 3-0...to cap a miserable day one of my Windscreen wipers stopped working, the only good fortune that day, it was on the passengers side...remember lads going to this match I believe its all ticket for away fans...I may be wrong but check anyway

34 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

The volume of replies so far does not support the So so early days yet poll because I expected a bigger spread across a win, drawn, loose prediction. The consensus of allowing ten games was a yard stick to measure our performance so would fans give Woody longer than previous managers. 

I got a feeling we could surprise a few people here...going for 2-1 boro Britt & Wing with a Thunderbolt

1 hour ago, sanddancer said:

Expecting a loss here is not indicative of wanting rid of the manager. Bristol have spent money this summer, they've seemingly improved their squad, we haven't and that's not on Woodgate.

I also suspect we'll lose this one, 2-1. Anything more than that and I'll be happy enough right now.

• Like 1

It's going to be tight I think - the first goal will decide it.

If we score first and in the first half I can see us getting some confidence and going on to win 0-2. 

Boro will be buoyed by Marvin's cameo on Saturday and Fry's return. 

Randolph

Howson      Ayala        Fry       Bola

Clayton 

McNair                                 Wing

Fletcher   Assombalonga      Johnson

Clayton will stay deep but when we get the ball we need to spread the play - use Johnson and Fletcher with balls over the defence. 

Wing needs to pull the strings in midfield and Paddy needs to get ahead of the ball.

Bola needs to get forward more and with Johnson in front he has an outlet. 

2 hours ago, sanddancer said:

A few of us didn't vote because we have the sense to know that there was barely any money to put into the squad and that's not down to Woody. A lot of teams have improved their squads and we are pretty much stuck with a depleted squad, a lot of which, look like very average players atm. I will say again that he's been thrown in at the deep end, just gotta have faith things will click together soon and we see some sort of improvement in results and/or play. 

• Like 1

I'm hoping this is the game our first choice back 4 is played so going for 

Randolph

Dijksteel Fry Ayala Bola

Howson Wing

Johnson                          Tav

Britt Fletcher

I haven't listened to the audio file.

Randolph

Dijksteel - Fry - Ayala - Bola

Howson - McNair - Wing

Browne - Fletcher - Tavernier

2-0 to them.  

I'm also adjusting my preseason prediction of 12th place at the end of the season to 14th place.

7 hours ago, SouthBoroFan said:

Early season optimism has well and truly vanished for me and for the first time this season, I worry that we're going to be on the receiving end of a battering. 3-0 Bristol City 

Their simply further down the road than we are when it comes to approach and consistency in tactics 

• Like 1

im out watching  a  FA Vase match so at least i,ll spare myself  having to listen to a sky commentator telling us that Middlesbrough havent really offered much as an attacking force in this game as yet.  Not really hopeful of  returning home to  anything other than a defeat ,if im honest.  

9 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Expecting a loss here is not indicative of wanting rid of the manager. Bristol have spent money this summer, they've seemingly improved their squad, we haven't and that's not on Woodgate.

I also suspect we'll lose this one, 2-1. Anything more than that and I'll be happy enough right now.

I was not proposing changing the manger but questioning if fans would give woody longer than the ten games. Anyway I thought the ten games was simply to judge where we may expect to finish and where improvements might be made. Secondly I don’t think we have many options other than to stay with the plan and swapping mangers won’t produce instant results, if any at all. 

I believe mid table and I’m staying with my prediction because I think other teams are weaker than us and we have a good chance of improving over a longer period. 

33 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

I believe mid table and I’m staying with my prediction because I think other teams are weaker than us and we have a good chance of improving over a longer period. 

I completely agree with you on this.