oneBoro Forum

Boro v Bristol City (A) 2-2 (Moore (og) Assombalonga)

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all and welcome to the first audio match day thread of the season. Please see the attached mp3 file for the opening post (as long as it works...)   ttsMP3.com_VoiceText_2019-8-26_12_

???

Harsh to be losing but you can't give away free headers like that, poor, poor defending. Really enjoyed a lot of our play today, think pretty much everyone going forward has been great.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Maccarone said:

This will be a good test against the best team we will have faced so far. I honestly have no idea how we will get on. 

Struggling to see it ending happily. 

Was at this game last season and our starting 11 plus the bench as follows:

Randy, Shotton, Flint, Fry, Friend, Downing, Clayton, Howson, Wing, Braithwaite, Assombalonga.

Bench included Ayala, Fletcher, McNair, Leadbitter, Walker, Lonerghan.

So only 5 players no longer available now and we did have a good 2-0 win. Woodgate should be able to pick a team strong enough to beat BC

Can't see there being anything in it but a guy I know has flown down on the same plane as the Boro team and says there was no Assombalonga, Howson or Ayala with them.

Probably just travelled separately but would be interesting to see how the forwards would line up without Britt.

10 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Can't see there being anything in it but a guy I know has flown down on the same plane as the Boro team and says there was no Assombalonga, Howson or Ayala with them.

Probably just travelled separately but would be interesting to see how the forwards would line up without Britt.

Would not Boro charter their own plane for the Bristol trip unless there is a scheduled service from Teesside Airport to Bristol?

If your source is on an actual chartered flight he must be part of MFC staff I would have thought  

Unless there is a direct flight from Newcastle which is a scheduled flight of course then that would explain things

Just now, Downsouth said:

Would not Boro charter their own plane for the Bristol trip unless there is a scheduled service from Teesside Airport to Bristol?

If your source is on an actual chartered flight he must be part of MFC staff I would have thought  

He's just a regular Boro fan, can't see why he'd lie, but I've no idea which flight they actually took.

Here's his summary from FMTTM:

"Got flight down to Bristol with Boro team. Worryingly no Ayala, Assombalonga, Howson or Friend. Let's hope they took the train. When I asked the lady fitness coach whether Ayala had travelled she said "I can neither confirm or deny that. Even though she had earlier said he is over there, which he clearly wasn't.
Hopefully nothing in it but was a few younger players travelling"

Given Assombalonga has sent out a message saying "Welcome to the world August ?" at midnight, perhaps his partner has given birth, which might explain his potential absence.

Edited by TeaCider24

Looking forward to you lot visiting us on Saturday - for those who haven't been to Ashton Gate for a few years, you'll be pleasantly surprised with the pre-match facilities in the fanzone…….all welcome!  

In my opinion, BCFC are a smaller club than Boro when you look at Prem history, European jaunts and even winning meaningful silverware.  We've not been down those routes….EVER!  But they're still my team.  As attractive as West Country living is (and trust me, it really IS) it seems that many players just don't want to come here for a career move.  Hey ho.

Come to think of it, if we consider comparing clubs against the Prem, Euro and silverware criteria, we're even a smaller club than the Royal Engineers.  Top division regulars for a while, FA Cup winners and rampaged all over Flanders etc.

Safe trip, all.

• Like 2

Really hoping this is like Cardiff away 2011 or Brighton 2015. Everyone expected us to get hammered and we ran out 3-0 winner on both of this occasions.

Agree that we need to change our tactics away from home against the better teams. If we set up and play like we have been I can only see a home win, despite their injury problems. 3-5-2 and counter attacking will give us a better chance.

Randolph

Ayala Fry Friend

Howson Wing McNair Saville Bola

Fletcher Britt

Johnson did well when he came on last week but if we play 3-5-2 he’ll have to be an impact player when we need fresh legs and pace.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, uncle_rico said:

Really hoping this is like Cardiff away 2011 or Brighton 2015. Everyone expected us to get hammered and we ran out 3-0 winner on both of this occasions.

Agree that we need to change our tactics away from home against the better teams. If we set up and play like we have been I can only see a home win, despite their injury problems. 3-5-2 and counter attacking will give us a better chance.

Randolph

Ayala Fry Friend

Howson Wing McNair Saville Bola

Fletcher Britt

Johnson did well when he came on last week but if we play 3-5-2 he’ll have to be an impact player when we need fresh legs and pace.

Would it be too cautious to play 4-5-1 ? 

Errrr, Game Day I think, could be wrong due to lack of interest seemingly in this game!

Never mind we have the International break to look forward to, no more Boro for 2 weeks.

Come On Boro!

Have to say I'm not as excited about this match as I was the previous few, but hopefully we turn the form around and get a bit of luck today. I'd love a Britt hattrick please. 

16 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Given Assombalonga has sent out a message saying "Welcome to the world August ?" at midnight, perhaps his partner has given birth, which might explain his potential absence.

Bloody hell lucky for the kid it wasnt born tomorrow....

16 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Has he called his kid August Assombalonga...?

I mean, all that matters is congrats to him and if he takes today off because of it, fair play!