oneBoro Forum

Boro v Bristol City (A) 2-2 (Moore (og) Assombalonga)

Can’t help but feel we are gonna get battered today. Think they are gonna come right at us and don’t think we will have enough nous to take control of the game. However, these aren’t the games I expect us to win this season, so I won’t be overly disappointed. Just hope we don’t get rolled over live on Sky. UTB

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all and welcome to the first audio match day thread of the season. Please see the attached mp3 file for the opening post (as long as it works...)   ttsMP3.com_VoiceText_2019-8-26_12_

???

Harsh to be losing but you can't give away free headers like that, poor, poor defending. Really enjoyed a lot of our play today, think pretty much everyone going forward has been great.

Posted Images

16 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Given Assombalonga has sent out a message saying "Welcome to the world August ?" at midnight, perhaps his partner has given birth, which might explain his potential absence.

This really annoys me. As professional athletes/sportsmen they should know to knock their respective partners up around about this time of the year. That way they will be born In The closed season and not taking the fathers away from their primary duty in life ??????

• Like 1

Randolph

dijksteel-Shotton-fry-bola

Clayton

Wing-mcnair

Johnson-fletcher-Browne 

Got to be the team I would imagine doing rumours are true

They have Diedhiou to cause us problems, a bang average midfield Nagy aside only available CBs seem to be the slow brutes Wright and Baker I mean worldbeaters they are not.

I'm in 2 minds my first mind is saying we should win because the only teams we've really lost to so far have *ithouse longballed it these definitely dont do that yet my second minds telling me we wont score more than 1 goal so therefore we wont win because we don't keep clean sheets so will probably lose.

Not to be so negative but the 'we are basically Norwich circa 2 years ago' nonsense doesn't fit us at all they'd shifted high earners cashed in on most assets bar 1 or 2 we kept all our assets this summer, spent 3 million on 2 young League 1 fullbacks with 12 months on their contract. The 'look at 14th place Norwich under Farke' stuff just doesn't say much about peoples faith in the squad we're paying a fortune to every week or much faith in Woodgate dropping 7 league positions from Pulis' shocking underperformance.

I just kind of get apathetic we're end of August had a really weak transfer window have for the first time in maybe 7-8 years not even loaned a single player in to thicken up an area and from the Gazette to most fans even Woodgate himself is basically screaming don't care about week to week results so I guess I mean if the stuttering 1 point per game average type of season is how this plays out what I'd call a waste of a season and a waste of (probably) the last year of Britt/Randolph/Howson everyone else would get to declare validation in predicting a 14th-19th place finish for a squad with a top 7 wage bill.

Anyway I'll say a 2 0 defeat today I just don't see enough offensively from us building attacks up and defensively if it's not a fullback getting exposed it'll be a set piece we'll get exposed at.

1 hour ago, boroie said:

Have to say I'm not as excited about this match as I was the previous few, but hopefully we turn the form around and get a bit of luck today. I'd love a Britt hattrick please. 

Sounds like this is unlikely so!!

9 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

They have Diedhiou to cause us problems, a bang average midfield Nagy aside only available CBs seem to be the slow brutes Wright and Baker I mean worldbeaters they are not.

I'm in 2 minds my first mind is saying we should win because the only teams we've really lost to so far have *ithouse longballed it these definitely dont do that yet my second minds telling me we wont score more than 1 goal so therefore we wont win because we don't keep clean sheets so will probably lose.

Not to be so negative but the 'we are basically Norwich circa 2 years ago' nonsense doesn't fit us at all they'd shifted high earners cashed in on most assets bar 1 or 2 we kept all our assets this summer, spent 3 million on 2 young League 1 fullbacks with 12 months on their contract. The 'look at 14th place Norwich under Farke' stuff just doesn't say much about peoples faith in the squad we're paying a fortune to every week or much faith in Woodgate dropping 7 league positions from Pulis' shocking underperformance.

I just kind of get apathetic we're end of August had a really weak transfer window have for the first time in maybe 7-8 years not even loaned a single player in to thicken up an area and from the Gazette to most fans even Woodgate himself is basically screaming don't care about week to week results so I guess I mean if the stuttering 1 point per game average type of season is how this plays out what I'd call a waste of a season and a waste of (probably) the last year of Britt/Randolph/Howson everyone else would get to declare validation in predicting a 14th-19th place finish for a squad with a top 7 wage bill.

Anyway I'll say a 2 0 defeat today I just don't see enough offensively from us building attacks up and defensively if it's not a fullback getting exposed it'll be a set piece we'll get exposed at.

Diedhiou does not concern me at all. Think he’s scored one goal all season and I’m sure he’s not even their first choice. Now the players that concern me are 

Weimann & Afobe (and of course Shotton ?)

Being honest I am completly numb to this season already, I'd be very surprised if we got anything here and I think that is going to be the case for large parts of the season from what I've seen so far unfortunately.

Some games might end up being more entertaining than last year, Luton for example, but if we aren't playing for anything its just a season of nothingness for me sadly.