oneBoro Forum

Boro v Bristol City (A) 2-2 (Moore (og) Assombalonga)

I think Wing's getting away with murder here he's been absolutely shocking him slipping stupidly on halfway gave them the cross Dijksteel cleared then 2nd phase from the corner they score.

Our fullbacks are doubled up on constantly Clayton's trying to put fires out everywhere I hate the way we're setup I really do.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all and welcome to the first audio match day thread of the season. Please see the attached mp3 file for the opening post (as long as it works...)   ttsMP3.com_VoiceText_2019-8-26_12_

???

Harsh to be losing but you can't give away free headers like that, poor, poor defending. Really enjoyed a lot of our play today, think pretty much everyone going forward has been great.

Posted Images

Harsh to be losing but you can't give away free headers like that, poor, poor defending.

Really enjoyed a lot of our play today, think pretty much everyone going forward has been great.

• Like 3

Think we've managed most things defensively pretty well. That with Randolph making a couple of good saves. Going forward we've been impressive at times and really, we're unlucky to be going in at half time without a goal of our own. Plenty to be happy with so far with the performance. Shame that we've let someone have a free header in the box though, that's disappointing.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, DurhamRed said:

Left him free dam Boro we're edging the game just can't put the ball into the net then Bristol counter and bang we're losing

I wouldn’t say we are edging it in fairness. They’ve had more chances and imo they’ve edged it. 

However we’ve played some decent stuff, let’s build on it in second half with maybe Browne coming on later for some pace when they’re tiring. 

Enjoyable half of football with some positives, strong in midfield and dangerous in attack, McNair our main man again. The defence started off looking better organised but started to get more ragged as the game moved on. I know he has not had many games but Dijksteel looks lost positionally, three times he was caught in no mans land and two of those mistakes could have cost us a goal. 

3 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

I think Wing's getting away with murder here he's been absolutely shocking him slipping stupidly on halfway gave them the cross Dijksteel cleared then 2nd phase from the corner they score.

Our fullbacks are doubled up on constantly Clayton's trying to put fires out everywhere I hate the way we're setup I really do.

How about shotton’s miscontrol about 15 minutes before that, let’s blame that for the goal too.

poor defending from McNair for me, needed to do more to block the cross

Just now, BoroSmoggie said:

I wouldn’t say we are edging it in fairness. They’ve had more chances and imo they’ve edged it. 

However we’ve played some decent stuff, let’s build on it in second half with maybe Browne coming on later for some pace when they’re tiring. 

Who would you take off to bring on Browne? All 3 of our forwards have been pretty good. Last game before the break, week since our last game, unless something changes with their performance, I'm not sure I'd be looking at Browne right now.

Midfield is another question. So far it looks like Wing is the weakest link in midfield and with him being on a booking, I'd be looking to change that soon now we're chasing the game.

Just now, jamesp said:

Wing has been awful again, how does he keep getting in this team

Because it’s either him or Saville..

but yeah he’s been pretty bad all season.

Was last seasons form a one off? Are we finally seeing the player he actually is??

4 minutes ago, jamesp said:

Wing has been awful again, how does he keep getting in this team

Awful is quite a strong statement, though at least you're consistent in overemphasizing.

• Like 1
Just now, wilsoncgp said:

Awful is quite a strong statement, though at least you're consistent in overemphasizing.

I don't even think he's been bad?! Like..he's played some nice passes. Little sloppy defensively but that's never really been his strong suit, I just think that side of his game was disguised more under Pulis.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Prowler said:

Nah, goal was clearly a result of Fletcher hitting the post. Just came back out, no one went for it and 25 minutes they went and scored. Poor. 

Did you not see how bad the kick off was? 40 odd minutes later and they score, doesn't take a rocket scientist to see what caused us to be losing this game.

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Who would you take off to bring on Browne? All 3 of our forwards have been pretty good. Last game before the break, week since our last game, unless something changes with their performance, I'm not sure I'd be looking at Browne right now.

Midfield is another question. So far it looks like Wing is the weakest link in midfield and with him being on a booking, I'd be looking to change that soon now we're chasing the game.

I rather Tav get's a shot than Browne