oneBoro Forum

Boro v Bristol City (A) 2-2 (Moore (og) Assombalonga)

2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Who would you take off to bring on Browne? All 3 of our forwards have been pretty good. Last game before the break, week since our last game, unless something changes with their performance, I'm not sure I'd be looking at Browne right now.

Midfield is another question. So far it looks like Wing is the weakest link in midfield and with him being on a booking, I'd be looking to change that soon now we're chasing the game.

Yeah they’ve all been decent. Just however the game pans out I guess. Who’s tiring etc, probably Johnson for me as Fletcher and Britt have the scoring threat. But it could be for a midfielder if it’s later in the game.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all and welcome to the first audio match day thread of the season. Please see the attached mp3 file for the opening post (as long as it works...)   ttsMP3.com_VoiceText_2019-8-26_12_

???

Harsh to be losing but you can't give away free headers like that, poor, poor defending. Really enjoyed a lot of our play today, think pretty much everyone going forward has been great.

Posted Images

Just now, Brunners said:

I don't even think he's been bad?! Like..he's played some nice passes. Little sloppy defensively but that's never really been his strong suit, I just think that side of his game was disguised more under Pulis.

I don't think he's been very good either and I'm concerned that he's got a habit of getting booked for silly challenges. But yeah, awful is quite a level below what he's actually done in this game.

Just now, HoyteForLeftBack said:

about shotton’s miscontrol about 15 minutes before that, let’s blame that for the goal too.

poor defending from McNair for me, needed to do more to block the cross

Right but they've lobbed in maybe 15 crosses and almost every one has found their player we've whipped in about 10 and found Fletcher once and Bentley about 7 times the free header parts not the part I'm necessarily worried about.

Wing's corners, crosses and general play were bloody shocking was the point I tried to articulate in his role in their goal he's way too casual. How do we change this game? If we stick with giving them another 15+ crosses 2nd half they'll get 1/2 more I don't see how we win this we're ceding possession AND width overload.

Just now, Prowler said:

I know we're losing but can we all not just take solace in the fact that we're actually playing pretty well against a team who have had a great start? 

What have you done with the real prowler?

• Haha 1

Yeah, I'd be taking Wing off at 60 probably, give him 10-15 minutes to produce something. The options from the bench aren't great though unless you bring on Browne, stick him on teh wing and go 4-4-2 to match up with Bristol? 

1 minute ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Btw we are so bad at attacking set pieces it’s painful. I get excited when we get a corner and I don’t know why. It was the same last season.

Can't defend or attack at set pieces despite a very tall squad 

4 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

We are so shaky at the back. Full backs need more cover and support. Clayton doing well but we leave massive gaps in MF. Really got to work on that during the international break 

Watch McNair and Wing in possession they push to #10 positions between the lines it's by design that they have a long trek back I'm pretty sure it's here to stay that's the reason I'm loathe to criticise a fullback or Clayton I don't envy their jobs once we turn possession over.

• Like 1