oneBoro Forum

Boro v Bristol City (A) 2-2 (Moore (og) Assombalonga)

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all and welcome to the first audio match day thread of the season. Please see the attached mp3 file for the opening post (as long as it works...)   ttsMP3.com_VoiceText_2019-8-26_12_

???

Harsh to be losing but you can't give away free headers like that, poor, poor defending. Really enjoyed a lot of our play today, think pretty much everyone going forward has been great.

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Overall I thought it was a good game and some real improvement from Boro.

A fair result in a game which we possibly could and should have won.

A lot of "if only's" in the game 

How come I feel like we dropped 2 points....

Fair result. Enjoyed the game, there are some promising signs going forward, but defensively we are far too open. I think if we are expecting our full backs to get forward we should go with three central defenders and provide more protection from midfield, 3-5-2 doesn't have to be a negative formation and suits our current players better.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Birdie said:

I agree with you regarding Fry's positioning for both goals.  Bit surprised that he was playing on the right and Shotton on the left. 

I thought Fry and Shotton were the wrong way around from the start. Must be some logical explanation for playing this way, but it escapes me.

Enjoyed the game and thought we attacked well - went toe to toe away at a form team and a draw was a fair result. Love that we were all over them looking for a winner instead of sitting back.

Defence is a work in progress. The new full backs both looked a lot happier today and we'll soon have Ayala to replace Shotton. And we still have the best keeper in the league. 

McNair and Johnson both played really well- goes to show never write a player off. Player of the season (so far) Johnny Howson to return to.

Plenty of positives to take into the international break! 

4 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Enjoyed the game and thought we attacked well - went toe to toe away at a form team and a draw was a fair result. Love that we were all over them looking for a winner instead of sitting back.

Defence is a work in progress. The new full backs both looked a lot happier today and we'll soon have Ayala to replace Shotton. And we still have the best keeper in the league. 

McNair and Johnson both played really well- goes to show never write a player off. Player of the season (so far) Johnny Howson to return to.

Plenty of positives to take into the international break! 

Probably gonna cop a bit of flak for this but I think Shotton has been decent the last two games, and Ayala is usually a hospital ball and/or a red card waiting to happen. I'd stick with Shotton.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Hopefully a full bill of health from the whole squad after the international break, assuming no injuries when away with the national sides.

I'm disappointed with the poor defending to allow their equaliser, but we more than matched a decent team all game and were unlucky not to get all 3 points. First draw against Bristol City in 9 games, and it's a point I'd probably have taken.

I left at 2-1 to see Book of Mormon so didn't see their second goal. At 70 or so minutes I'd have said a draw was reflective of the game. I'm happy with the point AND the performance of what I saw.

2 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Miles better than most of what we've seen this season and much closer to what I'd like to see from us each week.  Fry at fault for the second goal but not the first.  If you wanted to make a wider point, you could say that if opposition midfielders are going to run into our penalty area then our midfielders need to track them or we'll always have some problems.  However, with the second goal, Fry has him in his sights and then leaves him whilst not marking anyone else so that's down to him.  It was good to see us still looking to win it at the end.  The two new lads did ok and pretty much so did everyone else.  I don't know what happened with the Blackburn, Wigan and Millwall games but today was a significant shift away from those three in terms of what we were trying to do.

Good to see you posting again, mate.

2 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Probably gonna cop a bit of flak for this but I think Shotton has been decent the last two games, and Ayala is usually a hospital ball and/or a red card waiting to happen. I'd stick with Shotton.

This idea that Ayala is a red card waiting to happen is a little confusing, he's only had 3 red cards going into his 7th season with the club*, that's hardly prolific. He also plays far less suicidal balls than other players do, Shotton included. If he's fit, he plays. Comfortably been our best defender this season. 

*He got 1 against Preston that was a joke and rightly overturned*

I think because he is physical and gets into battles with forwards people have this misconception that he is a liability, when in reality he gets away with it the majority of the time as he's very cute with it, he rarely gives pen's away for example. 

2 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

I left at 2-1 to see Book of Mormon so didn't see their second goal. At 70 or so minutes I'd have said a draw was reflective of the game. I'm happy with the point AND the performance of what I saw.

I saw it on Thursday in Sunderland too. It was incredibly funny. Did they slip in the brexit joke again?.