oneBoro Forum

Boro v Bristol City (A) 2-2 (Moore (og) Assombalonga)

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all and welcome to the first audio match day thread of the season. Please see the attached mp3 file for the opening post (as long as it works...)   ttsMP3.com_VoiceText_2019-8-26_12_

???

Harsh to be losing but you can't give away free headers like that, poor, poor defending. Really enjoyed a lot of our play today, think pretty much everyone going forward has been great.

Posted Images

I know I said I'm not posting any more (I promise I won't make a habit of this!) but that is far closer to something I'd like to watch than most of what we've seen so far this season.  Defensively we're a bit too open and we're going to need to figure that out but we're trying to play at pace with the ball and that's far better than the slow, error strewn stuff we've seen during this season.

Some criticism of Wing, which seems fair enough, it seems to me like he's bulked up a bit and I wonder if it's effecting him?  Daft I know but just looking at him he seems a bit bigger anyway.  The goal was a bit of a bugger.  I'm surprised that Fry has received a bit of criticism for it as it's clearly not his man.  If anything it's probably another mistake by Wing who is around the edge of the penalty area but doesn't go with Palmer or move into that space.  Fry is looking at another Bristol City player and they appear to have a couple of players in there.  He's caught flat footed as somebody says because he's trying to cover more than one player in more than one space and that's next to impossible in my opinion.  I thought him and Shotton have done ok (albeit Shotton is still able to give the ball away with the best of them), as have the two new lads actually.

Edited by Changing Times
  • Like 2
7 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Right but they've lobbed in maybe 15 crosses and almost every one has found their player we've whipped in about 10 and found Fletcher once and Bentley about 7 times the free header parts not the part I'm necessarily worried about.

Wing's corners, crosses and general play were bloody shocking was the point I tried to articulate in his role in their goal he's way too casual. How do we change this game? If we stick with giving them another 15+ crosses 2nd half they'll get 1/2 more I don't see how we win this we're ceding possession AND width overload.

Well it read to me as though you’ve said Wing is playing poorly and then cited shortfalls in areas that he’s not really in the team to address.

ie fullbacks getting doubles up on, crosses going into the box aren’t really his fault.

He’s put in a few poor balls but so has Johnson, yes he slipped or dived in early on in the build up but you can’t really attribute it to the goal. He’s no messiah but he’s the only midfielder that has a bit of craft and can pick a pass, plus the alternative doesn’t really warrant mentioning.