Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
boro-unger

Boro v Bristol City (A) 2-2 (Moore (og) Assombalonga)

Recommended Posts

This will be a good test against the best team we will have faced so far. I honestly have no idea how we will get on. 

Struggling to see it ending happily. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Toughest game of the season so far but i think we will rise to the occasion and pull a 2-1 victory!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Maccarone said:

This will be a good test against the best team we will have faced so far. I honestly have no idea how we will get on. 

Struggling to see it ending happily. 

Was at this game last season and our starting 11 plus the bench as follows:

Randy, Shotton, Flint, Fry, Friend, Downing, Clayton, Howson, Wing, Braithwaite, Assombalonga.

Bench included Ayala, Fletcher, McNair, Leadbitter, Walker, Lonerghan.

So only 5 players no longer available now and we did have a good 2-0 win. Woodgate should be able to pick a team strong enough to beat BC

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't see there being anything in it but a guy I know has flown down on the same plane as the Boro team and says there was no Assombalonga, Howson or Ayala with them.

Probably just travelled separately but would be interesting to see how the forwards would line up without Britt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Can't see there being anything in it but a guy I know has flown down on the same plane as the Boro team and says there was no Assombalonga, Howson or Ayala with them.

Probably just travelled separately but would be interesting to see how the forwards would line up without Britt.

Would not Boro charter their own plane for the Bristol trip unless there is a scheduled service from Teesside Airport to Bristol?

If your source is on an actual chartered flight he must be part of MFC staff I would have thought  

Unless there is a direct flight from Newcastle which is a scheduled flight of course then that would explain things

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Downsouth said:

Would not Boro charter their own plane for the Bristol trip unless there is a scheduled service from Teesside Airport to Bristol?

If your source is on an actual chartered flight he must be part of MFC staff I would have thought  

He's just a regular Boro fan, can't see why he'd lie, but I've no idea which flight they actually took.

 

Here's his summary from FMTTM:

"Got flight down to Bristol with Boro team. Worryingly no Ayala, Assombalonga, Howson or Friend. Let's hope they took the train. When I asked the lady fitness coach whether Ayala had travelled she said "I can neither confirm or deny that. Even though she had earlier said he is over there, which he clearly wasn't.
Hopefully nothing in it but was a few younger players travelling"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Given Assombalonga has sent out a message saying "Welcome to the world August ?" at midnight, perhaps his partner has given birth, which might explain his potential absence.

Edited by TeaCider24

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to you lot visiting us on Saturday - for those who haven't been to Ashton Gate for a few years, you'll be pleasantly surprised with the pre-match facilities in the fanzone…….all welcome!  

In my opinion, BCFC are a smaller club than Boro when you look at Prem history, European jaunts and even winning meaningful silverware.  We've not been down those routes….EVER!  But they're still my team.  As attractive as West Country living is (and trust me, it really IS) it seems that many players just don't want to come here for a career move.  Hey ho.

Come to think of it, if we consider comparing clubs against the Prem, Euro and silverware criteria, we're even a smaller club than the Royal Engineers.  Top division regulars for a while, FA Cup winners and rampaged all over Flanders etc.

 

Safe trip, all.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really hoping this is like Cardiff away 2011 or Brighton 2015. Everyone expected us to get hammered and we ran out 3-0 winner on both of this occasions.

 

Agree that we need to change our tactics away from home against the better teams. If we set up and play like we have been I can only see a home win, despite their injury problems. 3-5-2 and counter attacking will give us a better chance.

 

Randolph

Ayala Fry Friend

Howson Wing McNair Saville Bola

Fletcher Britt

 

Johnson did well when he came on last week but if we play 3-5-2 he’ll have to be an impact player when we need fresh legs and pace.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, uncle_rico said:

Really hoping this is like Cardiff away 2011 or Brighton 2015. Everyone expected us to get hammered and we ran out 3-0 winner on both of this occasions.

 

Agree that we need to change our tactics away from home against the better teams. If we set up and play like we have been I can only see a home win, despite their injury problems. 3-5-2 and counter attacking will give us a better chance.

 

Randolph

Ayala Fry Friend

Howson Wing McNair Saville Bola

Fletcher Britt

 

Johnson did well when he came on last week but if we play 3-5-2 he’ll have to be an impact player when we need fresh legs and pace.

Would it be too cautious to play 4-5-1 ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Errrr, Game Day I think, could be wrong due to lack of interest seemingly in this game!

 

Never mind we have the International break to look forward to, no more Boro for 2 weeks.

Come On Boro!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have to say I'm not as excited about this match as I was the previous few, but hopefully we turn the form around and get a bit of luck today. I'd love a Britt hattrick please. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Given Assombalonga has sent out a message saying "Welcome to the world August ?" at midnight, perhaps his partner has given birth, which might explain his potential absence.

Bloody hell lucky for the kid it wasnt born tomorrow....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Given Assombalonga has sent out a message saying "Welcome to the world August ?" at midnight, perhaps his partner has given birth, which might explain his potential absence.

Has he called his kid August Assombalonga...?

 

I mean, all that matters is congrats to him and if he takes today off because of it, fair play!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Latest Posts

    • The City ground as never been a very happy hunting ground for us, we miss too many clear cut chances, I'll go 2-0 Forest with Lewis Grabban  showing our boys how its done.
    • I can’t see why a decent player would want to come into a struggling club, and one that is better than what we already have. Woody brought players in which only made up the numbers, and I don’t trust him to do any different but waste money doing the same thing. The fact being this is a decent team which is 9 points off mid table, 12 from a play off and a missive 25 points from top, so why would you trust Woody with the clubs future and the last of the cash.   I see two to three cash ins and two to three head counts coming in to get through the season, and we will see more of our youth. We will try to consolidate a championship position and that’s about it for our future. 
    • Checked them both out on transfermrkt and neither look like a character you would want to encounter in a dark alley! Leaving that aside, both seem to have good stats this season so far, but the question remains whether they can make the step up like our summer signings have generally failed to do so far. 
    • This day Boro flashback Sheff Weds 2 Boro 2 Jimmy Cochrane after joining from Drumchapel Amateurs in May 1971, made his debut, replacing Frank Spraggon wearing the No3 shirt, Hohn Hickton returning to his former employers who he left for the mighty Boro in 66 Goals by David Mills & Alan Foggon were enough to share the points & continue our magnificent unbeaten away record, 11,968 watched this 2nd divison fixture  Big Jacks team Jim Platt John Craggs Jimmy Cochrane Graeme Souness Stuey Boam Willie Maddren Bobby Murdoch David Mills John Hickton Alan Foggon Davey Armstrong
    • On Quest last night they mentioned that Randall Williams was very highly rated and being looked at by clubs higher up in the EFL.  He played a part in all 3 of their goals I think and he looked like a proper, left footed winger.  It was only from the 1 min highlights but he reminded me a bit of the academy graduate that we don't like to mention anymore.
×
×
  • Create New...