oneBoro Forum

A bit of fun

Inspired by the Pulis quote about fielding 11 Stewart Downings, I would like you to think about, which current Boro player would win the Boro Championship, if it was possible to field 11 of the same player ???

Which player x 11 would be superior? 

1, 2, 3 go!

And feel free to add different story lines of What would happen if 11 x Ayala played v 11 x Randolph... 

Or other 11 v 11 

Edited by SmogDane
  • Like 1

George Friend. Just 11 Georges constantly pushing the hair out of their eyes. There's a Loreal advert in there somewhere. Might be able to afford 11 Eberechi Ezes from the sponsorship.

• Haha 3
2 hours ago, SmogDane said:

What about 11 x McNair? 

He can defend, he can midfield and score too.. But can he be a keeper ?

I'll take 11 Randolph's

We saw against Millwall he can defend, he can dribble, he can pick a pass and obviously he's the best keeper in the league. I'm sure he won't score any more or less than we currently do!

Interesting question, considering we're currently playing like we've got 11 Marcus Brownes in the squad.

Can we have 11 Leos? He demonstrates more passion for the Boro on the touchline most weeks than our entire starting XI combined.

If we can't have 11 Leos, probably 11 Darren Randolphs. Calm under pressure, hugely talented, and more likely to find a team-mate than a lot of his outfield companions. And his kicks aren't always feeble 20-yard shanks to the opposition (cough)Shotton(cough).

1 hour ago, RiseAgainst said:

Interesting question, considering we're currently playing like we've got 11 Marcus Brownes in the squad.

Can we have 11 Leos? He demonstrates more passion for the Boro on the touchline most weeks than our entire starting XI combined.

If we can't have 11 Leos, probably 11 Darren Randolphs. Calm under pressure, hugely talented, and more likely to find a team-mate than a lot of his outfield companions. And his kicks aren't always feeble 20-yard shanks to the opposition (cough)Shotton(cough).

I don't know man, if Millwall was any indication he's been taking tips from Shotton!

8 hours ago, Brunners said:

I don't know man, if Millwall was any indication he's been taking tips from Shotton!

Remember that Derby home game where Vydra got a hat trick? Pretty sure Randolph gave away the last one due to a dodgy kick.

He's improved on his kicking since then but that is certainly one of his weaknesses. Still, so long as he manages to pull off a wonder save every time he gives it away, eh... ?

• Like 1

At least Randolph's cock-ups are fairly few and far between - most games he's a seven out of ten for us. Compared to other players who seem to earn consistent fours in the Gazette rankings and OB post-match reviews...

• Like 1

Ads Clayton. Defensively solid under Karanka and a goal scorer at Huddersfield he was the first that sprung to mind. But also Paddy MAC is a good shout too