oneBoro Forum

Life during the International Break

17 hours ago, Uwe said:

I echo many of the same sentiments but would also like to add that Wembley has sucked the life/joy out of watching England live. There’s more tourists attend than football fans who are more interested in Fish & chips at half time and taking fricken selfies ?

Yeah for sure, I remember when England played a game maybe a year or two ago at Elland Road at the atmosphere was class. Proper enjoyed that one. Shame that Wembley just sucks the life out of the atmosphere.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is your real name James Bond? Have you ever been in the UK? Double O three and a half ?

You would want to see the NFL thread Ash it would numb your brain. It and the cricket stuff would save the NHS billions on opiates. The poor drug dealers wouldn’t make a penny if this stuff was made p

I get in to the international fixtures, I follow all the British teams' results and watch the ones I can. That and the 4th test of the Ashes.

16 hours ago, BillinghamBoro said:

Another 20 year old here who echos your sentiments entirely. Never felt all that bothered about international football. Enjoyed the world cup but apart from that I often forget they're even playing. 

I just find international breaks a nuisance and long for club football to be back. Think we've only got 5 fixtures before October's break. 

Yep exactly, glad to have your input from someone my age as I assume that those who are a bit older were around for the Shearer/Gascoigne etc glory days  have a wider sense of appreciation and attachment to England but for me international football is just a break I don’t want between watching my club. 5 fixtures ? I’m already excited till March time when there’s no more to worry about haha.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, alexutb said:

Yep exactly, glad to have your input from someone my age as I assume that those who are a bit older were around for the Shearer/Gascoigne etc glory days  have a wider sense of appreciation and attachment to England but for me international football is just a break I don’t want between watching my club. 5 fixtures ? I’m already excited till March time when there’s no more to worry about haha.

I suppose that's the thing isn't it, it was more exciting to watch a team of Beckham, Gerrard, Rooney in his prime etc. Than watching a team of Delph, and co. Trying to play football. Just hardly anything to get me excited anymore about England. 

49 minutes ago, BillinghamBoro said:

I suppose that's the thing isn't it, it was more exciting to watch a team of Beckham, Gerrard, Rooney in his prime etc. Than watching a team of Delph, and co. Trying to play football. Just hardly anything to get me excited anymore about England. 

I would actually disagree in a way.. - as good as our team was on paper with Gerrard, Lampard, Becks all in their prime; they never achieved anything during my lifetime. We had one of the best squads in the world and fcked it every tournament, which is one of the reason I never developed a love for international football, there was never anything to get excited about and then  the team only went down hill from there (when Delph was starting for us as you mentioned..). Our team is actually fairly exciting to watch now I feel in comparison; Sterling, Kane etc in their prime, class defenders, promising young players (Maddison, Alexander-Arnold etc..), Gareth at the helm.. I actually find some enjoyment from watching the team as they give it all on the pitch (for the most part) and show genuine quality and promise which everyone should expect from a footballing nation like England. But the failures of the team from when we were born all the way up till the world cup are the main reason why I never really cared for international football, and still don’t really give too much of a *** tbh. But at least if I want to watch a bit of football over the next two weeks, there’s a chance of some decent football with a team that we can actually get behind.