oneBoro Forum

NFL talk 21

7 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

It shows up in my unread threads list and I have to click on it otherwise it stays like that and I have terrible OCD.

Also plz ban Will for calling me a bellend, it hurt my feelings and wasn't called for.

I don't think you're the only guy who has to click on threads they have no interest in mate - I'll talk it over with others but for now you're just going to have to deal with it.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This just highlights how bad Spence positional play really is 🤷‍♂️

Of Antonio Brown? God damn man, where to start. Here are a number of things that he's done, mostly this off season but a couple date back to prior years. 1. Wants out of Pittsburgh - makes i

This is for those of us who follow the NFL! Join in by telling us which team you support!  I have been supporting Tampa Bay Buccaneers for 18 years, and that has been really bad for the last 15

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I don't think you're the only guy who has to click on threads they have no interest in mate - I'll talk it over with others but for now you're just going to have to deal with it.

It just seems silly having all these other sub-forums specifically for non boro/non football related threads when they're not being used for such a purpose. The stickied threads here make a bit more sense but I honestly don't know why an NFL thread can't go in a subforum whose outright description states it's for other sports.

@Denzel Zanzibar

We discussed this and thought it would be a good way to keep the main forum active over the IB. We are aware that a lot of members don’t view the sub forums and we tried something new

Also if you want to post about pizza AshAsh made a thread about the last thing you ate in the sub forum ?

(Also I do understand the OCD aspect as I have to do the same with threads I have no interest in but are highlighted as unread)

@Will Disagree as much as you want but you’ve been here long enough to know we don’t go for name calling. I’ve deleted that post and please just take this as a gentle nudge back on the right track

Any issues from either of you two please message me and I’ll be happy to chat about it

3 minutes ago, Uwe said:

@Denzel Zanzibar

We discussed this and thought it would be a good way to keep the main forum active over the IB. We are aware that a lot of members don’t view the sub forums and we tried something new

Also if you want to post about pizza AshAsh made a thread about the last thing you ate in the sub forum ?

(Also I do understand the OCD aspect as I have to do the same with threads I have no interest in but are highlighted as unread)

@Will Disagree as much as you want but you’ve been here long enough to know we don’t go for name calling. I’ve deleted that post and please just take this as a gentle nudge back on the right track

Any issues from either of you two please message me and I’ll be happy to chat about it

I don't actually have OCD, it's just one of my bugbears and I can't let it go, if I see a thread is marked unread I have to click it so it appears read...actually I *may* have OCD thinking about it lol.

I was also kidding about Will, obviously.

At the risk of going all CT here though, why have the sub-forums if as you say, hardly anybody uses them? If you want to be like fmttm and just have various threads in one place then it's your choice but I thought the best thing about oneBoro is we're not like that and are a better forum as a result?

9 minutes ago, Uwe said:

I thought it was clear I was joking, if DZ was offended I’m happy to apologise.

2 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I don't actually have OCD, it's just one of my bugbears and I can't let it go, if I see a thread is marked unread I have to click it so it appears read...actually I *may* have OCD thinking about it lol.

I was also kidding about Will, obviously.

At the risk of going all CT here though, why have the sub-forums if as you say, hardly anybody uses them? If you want to be like fmttm and just have various threads in one place then it's your choice but I thought the best thing about oneBoro is we're not like that and are a better forum as a result?

Like I said we were just trying something. If we get a wider consensus that it should be moved then we’ll do that. but as it stands it would be a bit knee jerk just after one opinion (even if it is yours ?

2 minutes ago, Will said:

I thought it was clear I was joking, if DZ was offended I’m happy to apologise.

Sorry buddy totally missed the context. But you know if it doesn’t have an emoji then it will be taken as gospel ???

• Like 1

I admire and support the Green Bay Packers for being 100% fan/publicly owned not for profit organisation who operate in the smallest market of the NFL yet have a 50 year season ticket waiting list. They are a true community club wish it was possible for the to Boro issue share's like the Packers have done 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

I admire and support the Green Bay Packers for being 100% fan/publicly owned not for profit organisation who operate in the smallest market of the NFL yet have a 50 year season ticket waiting list. They are a true community club wish it was possible for the to Boro issue share's like the Packers have done 

Plus they all wear cheese wedges on their heads so there's that too!

• Haha 1

Fangio should do OK... He'll get the best out of Miller and Chubb. It's the offence that will let them down again this year. Not enough depth at receiver, but I do like Sanders and Sutton. Lindsey had a great rookie year, hopefully he continues in the same vein! 

Is anyone up for a custom NFL fantasy/draft? 

52 minutes ago, Brunners said:

At least you've won a superbowl within the last decade ?

True, but our downfall since has been horrific. Kept Manning as starting QB a season too long and paid the price. Could probably argue Manning was dire that season we win the Superbowl too, it was our D-Line that won us the majority of games

53 minutes ago, OldManGravz said:

True, but our downfall since has been horrific. Kept Manning as starting QB a season too long and paid the price. Could probably argue Manning was dire that season we win the Superbowl too, it was our D-Line that won us the majority of games

Yes he was pretty bad that year tbh. 

Still, I'd be fine with some dire years if we had a superbowl to show for it!