Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This just highlights how bad Spence positional play really is 🤷‍♂️

Of Antonio Brown? God damn man, where to start. Here are a number of things that he's done, mostly this off season but a couple date back to prior years. 1. Wants out of Pittsburgh - makes i

This is for those of us who follow the NFL! Join in by telling us which team you support!  I have been supporting Tampa Bay Buccaneers for 18 years, and that has been really bad for the last 15

Posted Images

56 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Started following the eagles a few years ago. Their superbowl run was crazy. Good start for them with a comeback win!

Carson Wentz is legit man.

Talking of that Superbowl win, Big *** Nick Foles broke his clavicle in the first quarter of his first start for the Jags and is probably out till Week 10 minimum. Unlucky for that man.

another question for those with more knowledge ,   How are the fixtures worked out for each team , i.e  they dont play every other team in a season  do they (im sure theres more teams than matches) and how do they decide whether youre home or away ? . sorry for seeming  a bit dumb but ive never heard or read this explained. 

10 minutes ago, Essuuaitch said:

another question for those with more knowledge ,   How are the fixtures worked out for each team , i.e  they dont play every other team in a season  do they (im sure theres more teams than matches) and how do they decide whether youre home or away ? . sorry for seeming  a bit dumb but ive never heard or read this explained. 

They play each of their divisional rivals home and away. So for example the Steelers will play the Ravens, the Browns and the Bengals twice each for a total of 6 divisional games.

They then play 4 games against all of the teams from the one of the other 3 divisions in their conference and a further 4 games against all of the teams from one of the 4 divisions in the other conference.  A total of 14 games so far.

They then have 2 games against teams from the same conference as them that finished the last season in the same place in their division as them.

If that hasn’t cleared it up this might help:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/how-nfl-schedule-created-formula-2018-4

• Like 3

Saints v Texans was absolutely insane! 

less than a minute on the clock and Saints score a good field goal to take the lead by 6 points... But the awesome  Houston QB delivered  a TD and it was all even ..  Time for extra point to win it .. But the kicker missed it!!!!!!!!! .. But but but .. The defense roughed the kicker, so it had to be replayed .. Score ..  
Only a few seconds left and Texans now lead by 1 point .. Old timer Drew  makes a nice play (where texans sort of lined up all wrong) and there were now about 3 seconds left to take a record 58 yard FG.. which went throug the middle so Saints won by two! 

What a wild minute ... What a wild game

10 hours ago, SmogDane said:

Saints v Texans was absolutely insane! 

less than a minute on the clock and Saints score a good field goal to take the lead by 6 points... But the awesome  Houston QB delivered  a TD and it was all even ..  Time for extra point to win it .. But the kicker missed it!!!!!!!!! .. But but but .. The defense roughed the kicker, so it had to be replayed .. Score ..  
Only a few seconds left and Texans now lead by 1 point .. Old timer Drew  makes a nice play (where texans sort of lined up all wrong) and there were now about 3 seconds left to take a record 58 yard FG.. which went throug the middle so Saints won by two! 

What a wild minute ... What a wild game

They didn't "sort of" line up wrong, they did line up wrong (but it was intentional) - they were bizarrely playing prevent defense despite the Saints only needing a few yards for field goal range.

I can only imagine they didn't expect them to want to kick a 58 yarder.

4 minutes ago, Red Rocket said:

Green Bay fan. Supported them for about ten years. Delighted with the opening win, looks like we have a functioning defence this year. 

Did you see the stat that said of the 32 qualifying qbs last weekend Rodgers was the least accurate with only 33% of his throws being deemed accurate.

Doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things but I thought it was fun.

Thursday night Football

NFC South clash between Panthers and Buccaneers! 

I will watch for sure - I get home from work 20 minutes before kick off ? 

I'm affraid Buccs (my team) will get a beating... Unless they sort out all the penalties  and stop giving the ball (egg) away!