Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This just highlights how bad Spence positional play really is 🤷‍♂️

Of Antonio Brown? God damn man, where to start. Here are a number of things that he's done, mostly this off season but a couple date back to prior years. 1. Wants out of Pittsburgh - makes i

This is for those of us who follow the NFL! Join in by telling us which team you support!  I have been supporting Tampa Bay Buccaneers for 18 years, and that has been really bad for the last 15

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Over the last couple of years I have started watching NFL so only grasping the rules gradually. But was wondering given my limited knowledge did Green Bay make a huge howler last night going for the points rather than the touch down right at the end or would it have not mattered. 

Yes was a howler as if they went for touchdown instead of field goal and scored it along with 2 points conversion the game be tied and be overtime. However they went field goal the ball was never in Rodgers hand again. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Over the last couple of years I have started watching NFL so only grasping the rules gradually. But was wondering given my limited knowledge did Green Bay make a huge howler last night going for the points rather than the touch down right at the end or would it have not mattered. 

Yes. It was a pointless field goal because they needed the TD anyway, so you may as well go for it there. If you don't get it, you turn it over on downs on the 8 yard line and need to get it back and score a TD.

If you kick a field goal, they likely get it from the 25 and you still need to get it back and get a TD.

Absolutely baffling decision to not go for it, honestly.

Think similarly in the Bills game, two instances we drive inside the 10 yard line and IMO should go for it on 4th down and kicked field goals instead. It wasn't as pronounced an issue because we would have still been down anyway, where as the Packers had a chance to tie the game late.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Snake said:

Green Bay Chokers anyone?

That's 1 and 4 for Rodgers now

Got the bloody final I didn't want though

Now I have to shout for Brady!

Grrrrr.........

I'm a Giants fan but I dont think you can put the loss last night on Rodgers. 

What was LaFleur doing at 4th and goal?! go for it and worst comes to worst they start on their 5 yard line, not the 25 yard line from a kick off return. 

I also think the overall quality of Brady's receivers was the difference. Rodgers just has Adams. 

The Bucs toasted Kevin King all night too

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

I'm a Giants fan but I dont think you can put the loss last night on Rodgers. 

What was LaFleur doing at 4th and goal?! go for it and worst comes to worst they start on their 5 yard line, not the 25 yard line from a kick off return. 

I also think the overall quality of Brady's receivers was the difference. Rodgers just has Adams. 

The Bucs toasted Kevin King all night too

I'm sorry 😞

16 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I'm sorry 😞

We are starting to turn the corner now.

I do think that the pieces are falling into place. I also think DJ can emulate Josh Allen next year, just need one of Smith, Waddle or Chase to drop to 11.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

We are starting to turn the corner now.

I do think that the pieces are falling into place. I also think DJ can emulate Josh Allen next year, just need one of Smith, Waddle or Chase to drop to 11.

This is going to be the downfall of a lot of fan bases with young quarterbacks in the future. Expecting a Josh Allen like improvement, Josh Allen is the exception, not the rule!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Snake said:

Giants are my NFC team...

Got them in 2021 schedule in NY - now that's a game I'm going to try for (subject to Covid of course)

Last time I was in NY, The Giants were playing on a Thursday night and I wanted to go but the office is in Midtown, so it was going to be tough to make it on time and it was a tough sell to the Mrs so ended up going to Madison Square Garden to watch the Knicks get humbled by the Nets. 

I really want to go and watch them out there, it's just in the middle of nowhere!

Edited by boksicdink
  • Like 1

Aaron Rodgers was as much to blame as Matt Lafleur on Sunday night. He had a big open space to run into on 3rd down near the end. If he'd ran for 6 or 7 yards then going for it on 4th down would have probably happened as well. 

Hes one of the best QBs of the modern era but he didn't deliver at the biggest moment on Sunday. 

As for the superbowl I can't see Tampa living with the Chiefs offence its just too explosive and the Chiefs defence was as impressive as their offense on Sunday. 

15 hours ago, boksicdink said:

Last time I was in NY, The Giants were playing on a Thursday night and I wanted to go but the office is in Midtown, so it was going to be tough to make it on time and it was a tough sell to the Mrs so ended up going to Madison Square Garden to watch the Knicks get humbled by the Nets. 

I really want to go and watch them out there, it's just in the middle of nowhere!

The Bills are New Yorks only team

200.gif

3 hours ago, Duvel said:

Aaron Rodgers was as much to blame as Matt Lafleur on Sunday night. He had a big open space to run into on 3rd down near the end. If he'd ran for 6 or 7 yards then going for it on 4th down would have probably happened as well. 

Hes one of the best QBs of the modern era but he didn't deliver at the biggest moment on Sunday. 

As for the superbowl I can't see Tampa living with the Chiefs offence its just too explosive and the Chiefs defence was as impressive as their offense on Sunday. 

Arent the Bucs down their two starting safeties as well?

I think that's a touch harsh on Rodgers, there were some key drops and receivers not looking for the ball. He made some unreal plays to keep drives going. 

1 hour ago, boksicdink said:

Arent the Bucs down their two starting safeties as well?

I think that's a touch harsh on Rodgers, there were some key drops and receivers not looking for the ball. He made some unreal plays to keep drives going. 

I think Winfield was injured the other night, not sure if he'll be available for the SB. 

On Rodgers, I dont think he played bad but that one play on 3rd down he didn't make the right decision. It probably is harsh but at that level the margins are so tight, if you make a mistake at that point it costs you the game. 

Obviously not going for it on 4th down was a terrible call but the failure to run on 3rd was a huge mistake for a player of his calibre.