• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quote fro Reading fans' website: I'd also like to make a shout out to Middlesbrough as a much better than expected away day. Its consistently voted the worst place to live in the UK, but it's a n

Match-day Thread - Middlesbrough V's Reading   View from the other side: Match day Thread not open yet but the Prediction Page for this game is active - https://hobnob.royals.org/

Here's the banner that received the first half applause btw.

Posted Images

We played some really good attacking stuff too and really should have been 2 or more up and comfortable before their late pressure. Definitely a counter attacking team though, 41% possession at home isn't ideal!

3 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

Great result. For anyone watching the game who was the stand out / poor performers?

Randolph pulled of his customary worldclass saves, Johnson had in my opinion his best game at the club and then Clayton + Mcnair performed well. 

6 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

Great result. For anyone watching the game who was the stand out / poor performers?

Don't think there were any noticeably poor performers to be honest. If I had to pick I'd probably say Fletcher had the quietest game, but I don't think he was poor by any means.

Stand out performers for me:

Randolph - Three world class saves for me this game, two in very quick succession in squeaky bum time
Clayton - Think this was probably his best game this year
McNair - Mr Reliable, if he continues like this he will win our player of the season 100%
Wing - He started a little shaky but I think Wing grew massively into the game and was really good in the second half. You can tell the confidence isn't quite there in some aspects, one instance in the first half stands out when he had a chance for a first time shot and took a touch and lost the ball. Still, I hope he can build on this.
Shotton - not a single mistake that I can remember from Shotton today, one of his best games by far this year too.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Dijksteel looked waaay better today. Seemed to have more confidence and put in sone vital challenges

That’s great to hear. Hopefully he will continue to improve and we will have a really good player on our hands

• Like 1