• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Boro are unbeaten in the last 4 games & on the back of a 1-0 win at home to Reading travel to South Wales to take on recently relegated Cardiff City who sit below the Boro in the championship

Not sure why you think this is so much better than last season? This has been awful, lacking width, creativity and devoid of ideas in the final 3rd. Yes the intent is different but the execution certa

The lack of comments on here after defeat sums up the majority of fans thoughts on a Saturday now. Fans are losing interest and it's down to 1 man .... The messiah Gibson - Just wish fans would a

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Indeed and I hope more interest is generated in the game as the day progresses.

Massive downturn in posts in the last two games.

Will probably watch Leeds thrash Derby as a warm up to the Boro.

It's not just this forum, fmttm is really quiet with Boro threads as well. 

I speak to lots of Boro fans who are friends/ family and work colleagues and I don't think the interest level has been so low since probably the back end of the Mowbray era. That isn't a criticism of the club is just a general observation of how I see the current mood. 

I don't think there's actually that much to debate. We are what we are, a club and team in transition. We look like a team that will have a few good results, a few bad results and finish somewhere around mid table. 

The expectations are low because nobody really knows what we're in for this year. We're transitioning from a known, despised brand of football to an unknown, undefined brand. Each game is interesting as we get to see more of the intention and more of how our players stack up to what Woody has described as he wants to see but the build up leaves little to be desired as nobody really knows what to say or expect.

Still, this is better than last year. I'd rather we be withheld about our expectations and discussion than spend every game debating how the manager will cock this one up when he should be getting the points, how Gibson 'still won't sack him' even if we lose by a bundle of goals, how Pulis' boy Hugill will fluff his lines and fall over more than me on an ice skating rink.

We used to talk about winning or losing ground on other teams during the build up. I honestly haven't even kept an eye on our position, points or anybody else's. I genuinely couldn't tell you who is top and bottom as I really couldn't care less right now. I don't think anybody really cares either unless we're down at the bottom but even then it's very early days and plenty of time for us to make progress (as I believe we are slowly making). There's no clear defined pattern for the rest of the teams that makes each individual game relatively interesting. Give it a month or two more when genuine gaps in the table start appearing and maybe the build up chat will increase.

43 minutes ago, Duvel said:

It's not just this forum, fmttm is really quiet with Boro threads as well. 

I speak to lots of Boro fans who are friends/ family and work colleagues and I don't think the interest level has been so low since probably the back end of the Mowbray era. That isn't a criticism of the club is just a general observation of how I see the current mood. 

I don't think there's actually that much to debate. We are what we are, a club and team in transition. We look like a team that will have a few good results, a few bad results and finish somewhere around mid table. 

Not that I’ve ever been the most prolific poster but this is why I haven’t been contributing lately. At this stage, I don’t feel there’s too much to discuss. It’s not for a lack of interest, just for a lack of meaningful things to say. 

From what I heard Thursday night.

Ayala in for Bola and to go wing backs. (Johnson and Dijksteel).

If we were to play this way today, for me it totally make sense as it will limit Cardiff's direct play and allow us to pick up 2nd balls.

Going to be a very very tough game today but if we somehow manage to get a result win/draw then it puts us in a very healthy position going into 2 home games on a bounce.

UTB

• Like 1

If we're as bad at handling corners, specifically back post corners, as we have been it'll be a long afternoon. Just need to focus on keeping the ball controlling the midfield and we should be able to get opportunity's 5 at the back makes sense to be honest.

I'll go for a 2 1 Cardiff win Randolph wont bail us out this week.

Beautiful day here in Cardiff and I'm very much looking forward to this one! Taking my 5 year old to his 2nd game (lost the first 1-0) and going he gets a bit more joy from this one. 

From what I've seen of Cardiff this season they are nothing to fear but my only concern is that their strengths are our weakness (corners). 

Will take any positive result as I couldn't handle the abuse from my in laws! 

UTB! 

• Like 1