oneBoro Forum

Boro v Cardiff City A 0-1

3 minutes ago, Rioch's Braves said:

Awful performance, its not often you can say a comfortable 1-0 win for Cardiff, disappointed Britt wasn't able to beat the 6ft 5inch Flint in the air. 

I do enjoy sarcasm at times!:classic_happy:

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Boro are unbeaten in the last 4 games & on the back of a 1-0 win at home to Reading travel to South Wales to take on recently relegated Cardiff City who sit below the Boro in the championship

Not sure why you think this is so much better than last season? This has been awful, lacking width, creativity and devoid of ideas in the final 3rd. Yes the intent is different but the execution certa

The lack of comments on here after defeat sums up the majority of fans thoughts on a Saturday now. Fans are losing interest and it's down to 1 man .... The messiah Gibson - Just wish fans would a

Posted Images

Anyone who says that that was as bad as the Pulis days needs to really sit down and take a good hard look at themselves. Was it a bad game? Sure, the 2nd half was pretty garbage, but as bad as the Pulis days? Not in a million years.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Anyone who says that that was as bad as the Pulis days needs to really sit down and take a good hard look at themselves. Was it a bad game? Sure, the 2nd half was pretty garbage, but as bad as the Pulis days? Not in a million years.

I think people are basing it on Cardiff being really poor who wouldn't of scored if Fletcher didn't score for them.

I genuinely never thought I'd see the day where some fans complained that football was worse than it was under Pulis. I clearly overestimated some of you. You can complain about the quality of the football all you want but there is no way in hell that this is worse than football under Pulis. At our worst today, it was as bad as it was under Pulis, i.e. poor set-pieces, mis-played long balls. But even that wasn't the case for most the game.

The execution was poor, not the intent. We weren't camped in our own half with only one striker up top chasing nothing balls all game. We had players making runs, even for Johnson's poor performance he still tried to run at defenders, we had players wanting the ball a lot more than they did during Pulis' reign. The final pass and touch was never there, Cardiff had our number in defence when it did come off for us. I think we may have got away with a penalty call in the second half too, not fussed about the Johnson push but looked like Dijksteel might have pushed his man over when the ball came into the box. And still this is not worse than Pulis football.

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

I think people are basing it on Cardiff being really poor who wouldn't of scored if Fletcher didn't score for them.

Cardiff had at least 2 more clear cut chances than that. Ralls fluffed his lines on one well worked move, Bogle had a great header just off the bar. Flint had a good shout with a header too.

Cardiff weren't poor, they were what they are, a solid defensive side with a couple of decent attackers further up the pitch. Bennett, Murphy, Bogle, Ralls, Whyte, Morrison, they all played well for Cardiff. They earned that result just as much as we didn't.

• Like 1

The lack of comments on here after defeat sums up the majority of fans thoughts on a Saturday now.

Fans are losing interest and it's down to 1 man .... The messiah Gibson - Just wish fans would admit it rather than living on past glory.

The bloke has sold a dummy to Woodgate because he knew he couldn't turn down his 1st management opportunity especially at his own club.

Read between the lines in press conferences/articles with local papers and it's clear as day that fans are getting drip fed information to lower our expectations to which they hope it will keep fans of Woodgate's back.

Today's performance was poor, but unfortunately there is going to be a lot of days like today ahead for the season.

Ups and downs all season - finish between 10th and 15th.

For the 1st time in a long long time I have admitted to myself that we are going to be stuck in this division for a long time now.

Woodgate press conference Gibson informed everyone that he has backed every manager and this appointment will be no different - wow I'm glad he stuck to his word by signing Bola, Dijksteel and Browne lol!

Rant over... Will be there supporting as ever. Call it stupid or passionate but UTB!

• Like 4
33 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I genuinely never thought I'd see the day where some fans complained that football was worse than it was under Pulis. I clearly overestimated some of you. You can complain about the quality of the football all you want but there is no way in hell that this is worse than football under Pulis. At our worst today, it was as bad as it was under Pulis, i.e. poor set-pieces, mis-played long balls. But even that wasn't the case for most the game.

The execution was poor, not the intent. We weren't camped in our own half with only one striker up top chasing nothing balls all game. We had players making runs, even for Johnson's poor performance he still tried to run at defenders, we had players wanting the ball a lot more than they did during Pulis' reign. The final pass and touch was never there, Cardiff had our number in defence when it did come off for us. I think we may have got away with a penalty call in the second half too, not fussed about the Johnson push but looked like Dijksteel might have pushed his man over when the ball came into the box. And still this is not worse than Pulis football.

hear hear

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

The lack of comments on here after defeat sums up the majority of fans thoughts on a Saturday now.

Fans are losing interest and it's down to 1 man .... The messiah Gibson - Just wish fans would admit it rather than living on past glory.

The bloke has sold a dummy to Woodgate because he knew he couldn't turn down his 1st management opportunity especially at his own club.

Read between the lines in press conferences/articles with local papers and it's clear as day that fans are getting drip fed information to lower our expectations to which they hope it will keep fans of Woodgate's back.

Today's performance was poor, but unfortunately there is going to be a lot of days like today ahead for the season.

Ups and downs all season - finish between 10th and 15th.

For the 1st time in a long long time I have admitted to myself that we are going to be stuck in this division for a long time now.

Woodgate press conference Gibson informed everyone that he has backed every manager and this appointment will be no different - wow I'm glad he stuck to his word by signing Bola, Dijksteel and Browne lol!

Rant over... Will be there supporting as ever. Call it stupid or passionate but UTB!

I think the club be looking to buy 2-3 more young potential players in January then hopefully next summer another 3-4 then we might have a team that will challenge for promotion. Just it's incredibly difficult to buy a new squad over one transfer window. If we are in this same situation next season thought it is time to protest ?

2 minutes ago, BearSmog said:

It wasn't as bad as under Pulis but it was getting close. We were devoid of any creativity and attacking intent. I think we found Flint's head more times today than we did the entire of last season. 

The thing that bothers me with statements like that is that is a performance I'm confident we won't intentionally see again (as in, we're not setting up to play like that). I never had that feeling under Pulis, I expected us to play like that under him.

• Like 1
Just now, Brunners said:

The thing that bothers me with statements like that is that is a performance I'm confident we won't intentionally see again (as in, we're not setting up to play like that). I never had that feeling under Pulis, I expected us to play like that under him.

Exactly. People wanted to take Pulis to task for the brand of football not just because we played badly but because that's absolutely what he wanted to see on the pitch, the way we played under him was entirely intentional. The bad football was his brand and it's what he wanted to accomplish and set his teams up to play. Is this what Woody wants to see? I sincerely doubt it from what I've seen from him so far.

Woody can and will get it wrong as much, if not more than a lot of other managers at this level and by all means, he has to be open to that criticism when things don't go well and I'm absolutely not saying don't criticise him for today. We got it wrong, we played poorly, there is a lot to improve on generally against teams who play the way Cardiff do, we've seen that already this season before this game and why I like a few others predicted we'd lose it, despite a decent run of results.

However, comparing life at Boro under Woody to it under Pulis seems nonsensical to me. If Woody is happy with what we created going forward today, I'll eat my metaphorical hat. No offence to anyone but I genuinely can't believe we're even having a discussion about this to be honest.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I get what you are saying, I'm just referring to how it felt watching it. 

We set up in a system aiming at countering what Cardiff were going to throw at us, we went 1-0 down and nothing changed. No plan B until it was too late. 

15 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Exactly. People wanted to take Pulis to task for the brand of football not just because we played badly but because that's absolutely what he wanted to see on the pitch, the way we played under him was entirely intentional. The bad football was his brand and it's what he wanted to accomplish and set his teams up to play. Is this what Woody wants to see? I sincerely doubt it from what I've seen from him so far.

Woody can and will get it wrong as much, if not more than a lot of other managers at this level and by all means, he has to be open to that criticism when things don't go well and I'm absolutely not saying don't criticise him for today. We got it wrong, we played poorly, there is a lot to improve on generally against teams who play the way Cardiff do, we've seen that already this season before this game and why I like a few others predicted we'd lose it, despite a decent run of results.

However, comparing life at Boro under Woody to it under Pulis seems nonsensical to me. If Woody is happy with what we created going forward today, I'll eat my metaphorical hat. No offence to anyone but I genuinely can't believe we're even having a discussion about this to be honest.

He's already said that while he felt we matched Cardiff physically, we were not good enough in possession and going forward, and that the second half was really poor.