oneBoro Forum
Erimus74

Boro v Cardiff City A 0-1

I get all that and I agree things will take time, I’m not talking about the future though I’m talking about the now and I get the impression that we should just accept any performances because we try to attack more and it’s not pulis.

Sorry but if I see a bad performance I’m gonna say so, it wasn’t like we lost to the better team or squandered chances, we were just poor. I’m not saying woodgate should be sacked, I’m not saying he’s a failure, this thread is about the Cardiff game and in that game we were ***.

• Like 1

I don't think anyone thinks the performance was good. I'm just not putting much stock into a game I expected us to lose for the reasons we lost it. The best I can say is we tried to do something different to how we played against Millwall, the last time we played a team like this. Between the two games, I think yesterday's loss of points was more down to individual performances than the tactical battle which is a positive for the tactics as much as it's a negative for some of the individuals in the team. Maybe next time, if we pick the right players, we'll get something more out of the game. It's early days, we can be forgiven right now for thinking we have room to experiment and not be too worried whether it goes right or wrong. That's all part of the learning curve.

I couldn't watch the game (sounds like I was lucky with that). Just watched the highlights and it looked like a fair result. We created one and half chance the entire game and thats just not good enough. Awful. Briliant header by Fletcher though ? 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest Posts

• Does anyone know if there is anywhere i can listen to the match tonight. I am currently on holiday in the Lake District and cant get BBC TEES.  
    • Time to find a bar in Albufeira showing the game so I can stop lub-hopping for a few hours! UP THE BORO
    • Come on boys *** it I’ll say I believe in you tonight utfb ❤️❤️❤️
    • The biggest failure post-relegation is spending transfer sums on getting back up with a manager who'd never been promoted. If we look back with retrospective eyes, Pulis should never have been forced to come in when he did. If we'd had someone as capable of Jokanovic and had given them £50m to spend, we could have been alright. I don't recall there being many of that ilk around and we wanted to go with the young prospective coaches with some experience, for sure. But we could have done that whole summer differently and change the fortunes since. I mean the context of the situation is important, the club wanted to send a message that summer and spending the money we did was the best way it knew to send that message. But the wrong man had control of it, it was a huge risk to blow all that money on fees and wages and the project was poor conceptually. I suspect Gibson knows he got Monk wrong and that's why he's tried to drag his name through the mud since. Even having said all that though, we know as a result that the club is not run particularly well. We know it all the sooner for not having had a successful manager during that time. It was only going to take one significant risk going wrong for the curtain to fall and maybe it is better for the long-term stability of the club that most of us (on here at least) see it for what it is at the top.