oneBoro Forum

Boro V Sheffield Wednesday 1-4 (McNair)

2 minutes ago, BoroAbroad said:

Troubles ahead. We were playing a team that in all honesty is no better than us. But somehow for some reason we did not show. We should be better than the performances are producing. Is it all Woodgate? It's a big debate but surely Gibson has to take note and address the situation or we will be in serious trouble come Christmas. A good chunk of the 1/3rd capacity crowd walking out before half time should, and I say again, should have made a statement.

I wonder if Gibson is even attending? If you notice the Cameras never zoom into the directors box anymore.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Again, really? Monk got everyone he wanted for huge prices, he had a blank cheque handed to him. Pulis had the ability to turn down players for not wanting to play at Middlesbrough for the rest of the

I mean I don't agree for a start that Southgate had a better pedigree than Woodgate. He's also been involved outside the playing side of the game longer than Southgate was. Monk had plenty more experi

One step forward, two steps back. Its becoming a familiar pattern with Boro this season. Just when you think we're starting to make progress, we're right back at square one. There wasn't much to cheer

Posted Images

The second half was better. At least the first 15-20 minutes was. Then we were both playing to the end. Britt missed two sitters, even 4-2 from either of those might have given us something worth playing for. But fair play to Wednesday, completely shafted our defensive frailties first half.

Shotton left back wasn't half as bad as I expected though I suspect that may be in part due to the scoreline at the time the changes were made. Ayala has to come back in next game.

Here's problem numero uno Woodgate has he's preached reinventing things for 3 months to 'excite and attack' yet when it comes to show your work in home games we haven't scored more than 1 goal in them, besides Crewe 2 2 in the LC but meh, that's what puts pressure and sends the crowds away lose 4 1 away at Hillsborough it wouldn't have the same impact. You can talk about things and players and recruitment and finances and 'philosophy' eventually you need to show the difference beyond rush set pieces and press the ball that's my problem with what's going on he's not showing progress at all we have no patterns to our play we turnover the ball way too much every week the only path we're being led down is a path where our assets are devalued and our crowds dwindle for the sake of what? I genuinely don't know what we're sitting through all this for we're losing millions in players at the end of this season, Britt and Randolphs value is only going down what's the carrot at the end of this stick?

• Like 3
30 minutes ago, BoroAbroad said:

What makes you think that would entertain me? This is the problem with this forum. As soon as someone states facts they are all against the Boro. The fact is we are NOT entertaining. And for you to get the huff with me for stating that fact is just downright silly.

Not in a huff at all, in fact i'm finding it kind of funny. I'll save my huffs for things in the world that need my huff, not a discussion on an internet forum.

My tongue in cheek comment about 5-4 was taken quite literally by you and you got very defensive. Having watched football at many levels over many years, I have never left a football match early (and i've seen a 0-9 and a 1-9). I've also seen a 4-0 become a 4-4 and been on the other end of a comeback. I understand emergencies and reasons beyond ones control, but because your team is playing poorly? That's when your team need you the most. Stick by your team - sure have a moan, but be there in the good and bad times, if you can get there and afford it in the first place. Sometimes comebacks happen.

If you want facts, we are not Manchester City - we can't be entertaining and win in that style as we aren't good enough, and in our position we may just need to be grateful to be in this division next year. I agree we are not entertaining, I agree we are dire and we need things to change, somehow. As fans of any club, we have many who expect too much. We are in transisition and we have to go through these times. We sacked Monk and he's now at a side that look like they could be playoff contenders. Maybe we need to stick by Woodgate in tough times. He's been given a poor hand by whoever you wish to blame. Maybe it will get better, maybe it won't, but  people were doubting Woodgate before he even started the job. We're not two months into the season. Did anyone expect us to be challenging for promotion? We failed in the transfer market, whose fault that is, I do not know.

If you don't think creating chances is entertainment, you're probably watching the wrong sport. Yes, Britt missed them, but they had to be created. Because Britt missed them, you say it's  not entertainement. Chelsea ccreated nearly 30 chances today and won 2-0. You'd have been bored off your tits as they missed so many.

To finalise, we are poor and we aren't entertaining, things need to change and things need to be given time. I understand emotions run high, especially in bad times, but the writing has been on the wall for some time and in  most games this season, even the victories. We are in a relegation battle and what happens in January will determine the future

• Like 3

Let’s be honest anyone with a football brain would state why would a team press at 4 up at half time. The wheels have not wobbled but fell off and I’m afraid I don’t see how this club is going to change direction and improve. Today we saw the same mistakes as the last game and I believe we will see a lot more of the same, so the question is, how long has Woody got before fans turn on him. I think my prediction of mid table is pretty complimentary right. 

That was like watching a league 1 side versus a Premier league side. Sheffield didn't have to break a sweat after half time they just toyed around with us. 

Were in a relegation fight and we are so so deeply in trouble it's not even funny. 

Woodgate is out of his depth and needs to hold his hands up to this. All great having the best intentions in the world but we're in deep deep trouble and a novice manager is not the way to fix it. 

We can't do the basics, we look disjointed as he'll and none of the players seem to be listening to the manager or playing to any form of instruction. 

What a mess we are in when our fans seem accepting of it being OK unless we get relegated. 

If we 'asset stripped' in the summer offloaded Friend/Shotton/Howson/Britt/Randolph/Ayala (Gestede somehow) I would have personally been fine with that you wipeout all our major high earners get fees for expiring players and get the space/money to truly rebuild the club and wage scale.

I get the controversy of doing that but that was the bold move to make instead we're treading the same old problems for the next 12 months on and off the pitch.

24 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Here's problem numero uno Woodgate has he's preached reinventing things for 3 months to 'excite and attack' yet when it comes to show your work in home games we haven't scored more than 1 goal in them that's what puts pressure and sends the crowds away lose 4 1 away at Hillsborough it wouldn't have the same impact. You can talk about things and players and recruitment and finances and 'philosophy' eventually you need to show the difference beyond rush set pieces and press the ball that's my problem with what's going on he's not showing progress at all we have no patterns to our play we turnover the ball way too much every week the only path we're being led down is a path where our assets are devalued and our crowds dwindle for the sake of what? I genuinely don't know what we're sitting through all this for we're losing millions in players at the end of this season, Britt and Randolphs value is only going down what's the carrot at the end of this stick?

22 minutes ago, SouthWest Boro said:

Not in a huff at all, in fact i'm finding it kind of funny. I'll save my huffs for things in the world that need my huff, not a discussion on an internet forum.

My tongue in cheek comment about 5-4 was taken quite literally by you and you got very defensive. Having watched football at many levels over many years, I have never left a football match early (and i've seen a 0-9 and a 1-9). I've also seen a 4-0 become a 4-4 and been on the other end of a comeback. I understand emergencies and reasons beyond ones control, but because your team is playing poorly? That's when your team need you the most. Stick by your team - sure have a moan, but be there in the good and bad times, if you can get there and afford it in the first place. Sometimes comebacks happen.

If you want facts, we are not Manchester City - we can't be entertaining and win in that style as we aren't good enough, and in our position we may just need to be grateful to be in this division next year. I agree we are not entertaining, I agree we are dire and we need things to change, somehow. As fans of any club, we have many who expect too much. We are in transisition and we have to go through these times. We sacked Monk and he's now at a side that look like they could be playoff contenders. Maybe we need to stick by Woodgate in tough times. He's been given a poor hand by whoever you wish to blame. Maybe it will get better, maybe it won't, but  people were doubting Woodgate before he even started the job. We're not two months into the season. Did anyone expect us to be challenging for promotion? We failed in the transfer market, whose fault that is, I do not know.

If you don't think creating chances is entertainment, you're probably watching the wrong sport. Yes, Britt missed them, but they had to be created. Because Britt missed them, you say it's  not entertainement. Chelsea ccreated nearly 30 chances today and won 2-0. You'd have been bored off your tits as they missed so many.

To finalise, we are poor and we aren't entertaining, things need to change and things need to be given time. I understand emotions run high, especially in bad times, but the writing has been on the wall for some time and in  most games this season, even the victories. We are in a relegation battle and what happens in January will determine the future

Can't recall any mention from me regarding the 5-4 comment. But I agree. We differ in terms of entertainment. Britt fluffing his lines is not what I class as entertainment because it grates me how much it cost's for folk to watch a game these days and how much guy's like Britt are on in terms of wages. We do not create enough chances for a striker to miss 80% of the one's on offer.
And yes. What you say about Chelsea maybe a fact. BUT. They convert enough to win,,, We don't have that luxury.
TBH. I don't see the games these days. I go by the forum or if lucky I get a stream. But I can certainly see enough to know when we are playing dire. And I am pretty sure that was the case today.

And in retrospect. You could be right by stating this is the wrong sport for me. There's far too much money involved now to the point of pathetic. Salaries, same old coaches on same old crazy money and the same old working man expecting to pay for it all through turnstiles and/or TV fee's. Maybe I need to stick with fishing.

Edited by BoroAbroad
Addition
1 minute ago, northern boro said:

Pull his quote post Crewe it's the exact same quote a month or so apart he's absolutely helpless if that's the best he's got for them the angry Teessider routine didn't work after Crewe why will the same words work now?

• Like 1

If Championship titles could be won by inspiring rhetoric, we'd have 20+ points by now. Very many people were iffy about giving Woody the job but many of us were prepared to bite our tongues and give the guy a chance. He has been given a chance and the results are pretty dire. The football is more entertaining than last year, but that is not saying a lot. We can point the finger at Gibson and claim that Woody does not have the resources but, hell, good managers have produced better football with much less than our present squad. I think it's time to cut our losses and bring in an experienced manager while there's still a chance of halting this rot.

• Like 2